Douglas Costa (110 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I thought he would be lazy. He's not. I thought he would make shit decisions when pressed in his own 3rd and it turns out he makes the best decisions on the team. I thought he would waste the ball around the box. Turns out he is the one you want with the ball.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Flash MOTM. Only player who had a successful first half and did something when NOBODY else did. Allegri won the game with Licht and Asa. Before this change, Flash was the ONLY player who showed something

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Yes, we did. In case you haven't been watching us play, we're winning in spite of our midfield, not because of it.
We reinforced the formation that saw us get to the final. Two pacy and technical wingers on top of what we got and a work horse in midfield is anything but an average mercato. The fact that half way into the season this team finds it to play better with three man mid all of a sudden won't change that we have added some great assets at the time to what seemed to be our primary formation.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We reinforced the formation that saw us get to the final. Two pacy and technical wingers on top of what we got and a work horse in midfield is anything but an average mercato. The fact that half way into the season this team finds it to play better with three man mid all of a sudden won't change that we have added some great assets at the time to what seemed to be our primary formation.
We lost a ball playing defender who relieves pressure on the defense, a quality RB, and we haven't really reinforced the midfield. Slightly above average mercato perhaps, but that's it.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Another great game. He was our most threatening player and would have gotten us another penalty if it wasn't for that blind ref.

He is such a nuisance for the opposition. I dont think i can recall a single game where he has been stopped, like really controled.

Brilliant signing.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Cerval @Bianconero_Aus

Redcafe fapping over Dougie C. ::lol3::

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/douglas-costa.408095/page-6#post-22262754

He looked like Juve’s best player yet again. He was doing something productive every time he had the ball, even near his own box beating the pressure.
He's so explosive and technically gifted.
I can't believe that no PL team went for him in the summer.
He is what we're missing on the RW. I think Fergie was interested in him when he was playing for Shakhtar but we never moved to sign in for some reason.
I was hoping we'd be interested in him when he was leaving Bayern. He's exactly the type of player we need on the right, someone who doesn't feck around and just gets into the box/out wide. No surprise that an extremely good player is playing well.
Can create something out of nothing, beats people for fun, and on his day he can make any full back look ordinary. If Allegri can motivate him to keep performing then 30 mill for him is a huge steal.

would have loved to have him here.
I cannot believe we didnt go for him, the price he went for was reasonable and he is exactly the type of winger we have been crying out for on the RW for years.
He created two penalties* out of nothing this tie. If fatso scored in Turin or the ref wasn’t an idiot today, he would be the deciding factor in a CL knockout stage. That doesnt show up in stat sheet. Give me a player who can tilt a quarter final like that over someone who produces cute stats in the domestic league against fodder.
I will always be annoyed the we've never tied up a deal for him from Fergie's days till now.
:lol: at the guy who thinks we paid 30 mil.

- - - Updated - - -

We lost a ball playing defender who relieves pressure on the defense, a quality RB, and we haven't really reinforced the midfield. Slightly above average mercato perhaps, but that's it.
Our CB pairing is quite a bit stronger defensively with Benatia in form for much of the season, obviously weaker in terms of playing the ball out from the back. Szcezny is a beast when it comes to long ball accuracy though, so when he starts that kind of eases the loss of Bonucci even more.

The failure to even semi-adequately replace Alves is a disaster, as is the failure to bring in competition for that 3rd starting CM spot.

Mercato was mediocre, when it could have been quite fantastic with a better choice than De Sciglio and one more good CM added to Bernadeschi, Costa, Matuidi. Oh well. Nothing to do about it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Adds such an important dimension to the team. Poise on the ball, that close control and pace... gotta have it.

This was a very good purchase.
If he had better end product, he'd be a 100+ million dollar player. It'd be nice to see him catch fire with assists and the occasional goal here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)