Douglas Costa (36 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The game swung in our favour almost immediately after he came on. Their defence instantly was on the back-foot whenever he got on the ball, as his speed and trickery is just insane, and at times unplayable when he’s in the mood. Great weapon for us to use. I think he’s gonna be a decisive player for us against Tottenham.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Do you guys recall when he put a ball past a defender with a superb trick just to pass it to the opponent 2 seconds later

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
:agree:

Consistently one of the most frustrating things about him is his slack short passing. His long passes are often very good though.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Fantastic match. He was playing as half a CM and still had energy to cut through their defence multiple times.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He had a few excellent moments but overall not involved enough.

The gaps out wide were there but he rarely got into them, but this is probably down to our negative tactics more than anything else.

Fast technical players are perfect for the CL, we need to take advantage of him more.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
He had a few excellent moments but overall not involved enough.

The gaps out wide were there but he rarely got into them, but this is probably down to our negative tactics more than anything else.

Fast technical players are perfect for the CL, we need to take advantage of him more.
That's the problem with 4-2-3-1. He is caught in between, chasing the ball. Doing his best. If it was Dybala there today we'd have even less possession.

But Costa put in a fucking shift dropping into LCM and pressing when we actually got the ball up high. I was really impressed with him today tactically and with his effort. I didn't expect him to be able to do this.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's understood the entirety of our player and his effort is great, I didn't expect it from a lolzilian. I felt a little sad for him at times, honestly. He had hardly any support at times.

The Donkey

Dec 7, 2017
That's the problem with 4-2-3-1. He is caught in between, chasing the ball. Doing his best. If it was Dybala there today we'd have even less possession.

But Costa put in a $#@!ing shift dropping into LCM and pressing when we actually got the ball up high. I was really impressed with him today tactically and with his effort. I didn't expect him to be able to do this.
It was 4-1-4-1 imo, and he was playing as midfielder.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
It was 4-1-4-1 imo, and he was playing as midfielder.
I don't know where you saw the 1 in front of the CBs because Khedira-Pjanic were perfectly split on opposite sides. Costa's work rate was good enough to make him look like a midfielder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)