Douglas Costa - AM RL - Bayern Munich (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
How can 4-3-1-2 be claimed as the best formation for Dybala when he has barely played in it. I'd somewhat get if people claimed that 3-5-2 is the best formation for him but 4-3-1-2? Based on what?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
According to Allegri, its Dybala's best actual position
Maybe. It doesn't look like it in my eyes. I still think he'd play the best next to a striker and Higuain is a perfect fit for him.

I'd actually love to see some Dybala stats and how many goals/assists he had when we played him behind Pipita.

A wingless formation gets destroyed these days
Totally agreed.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Maybe. It doesn't look like it in my eyes. I still think he'd play the best next to a striker and Higuain is a perfect fit for him.

I'd actually love to see some Dybala stats and how many goals/assists he had when we played him behind Pipita.

Totally agreed.
4-4-2 is the way to go.

Allows Dybala to play closer to goal.

Berna/Costa-new CM?-Pjanic-Mandzu/Costa
----------------Dybala-Higuain

Schick and Mandzu provide cover for the CF and SS positions.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
4-4-2 is the way to go.

Looks nice on the paper.

4-4-2 looks a bit out of date, though. I find 4-2-3-1 a lot superior to it but imo we don't have the right players for it (mainly because of Dybala at this point).

Btw it'd be curious to see 4-2-3-1 with Dybala as a poacher (and Higuain out :D) while Berna also plays in his best position -- behind him.

If we decide to opt for 4-4-2 then we need a hell of a DM for it. And we also need a RB who'd be capable to cover, so possibly somebody who's not total shit in defense.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Looks nice on the paper.

4-4-2 looks a bit out of date, though. I find 4-2-3-1 a lot superior to it but imo we don't have the right players for it (mainly because of Dybala at this point).

Btw it'd be curious to see 4-2-3-1 with Dybala as a poacher (and Higuain out :D) while Berna also plays in his best position -- behind him.

If we decide to opt for 4-4-2 then we need a hell of a DM for it. And we also need a RB who'd be capable to cover, so possibly somebody who's not total shit in defense.
Now that we've lost Alves and the RB options available aren't all that incredible, going for a more defensive minded RB and playing a 4-4-2 might be quite interesting. I don't know that the formation is dated, or just that you need a very specific combination of players for it to work well. Just like with 4-2-3-1. That's why most top teams play a 4-3-3.

I'd be curious to see Dybala-Higuain as a duo with support from the wingers. It would remind so much of Del Piero-Trez.

Nostalgia :p

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
How can 4-3-1-2 be claimed as the best formation for Dybala when he has barely played in it. I'd somewhat get if people claimed that 3-5-2 is the best formation for him but 4-3-1-2? Based on what?
Agreed. At palermo he was playing under a 3-4-1-1 and there's a clear argument that he's excelled under 3-5-2 than 4-3-1-2 or possibly even 4-2-3-1.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We use a 4231 with Dybala, there is no place for James
James will cost twice as much an probably get even higher wages too

- - - Updated - - -

4-4-2 is the way to go.

our 4231 an a 442 are very similar, when we play with Mario-Juan on the wings, an Dyballer at SS. we just need that one CM thats capable of bringing the ball up regularly so Dybala doesn't have to drop deep so often

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Now that we've lost Alves and the RB options available aren't all that incredible, going for a more defensive minded RB and playing a 4-4-2 might be quite interesting. I don't know that the formation is dated, or just that you need a very specific combination of players for it to work well. Just like with 4-2-3-1. That's why most top teams play a 4-3-3.

I'd be curious to see Dybala-Higuain as a duo with support from the wingers. It would remind so much of Del Piero-Trez.

Nostalgia :p
Yeah, when we signed both I instantly thought of that duo.

However, back then we had Nedved and Camo :sigh: can't even be compared to these. I still think Berna's best position is AMC, dunno if he'd fit into 4-4-2 on the wing. He'd be rather limited and couldn't set up our play as much as in the more offensive role.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Looks nice on the paper.

If we decide to opt for 4-4-2 then we need a hell of a DM for it. And we also need a RB who'd be capable to cover, so possibly somebody who's not total $#@! in defense.
4-2-3-1 has a playmaker centrally behind the CF. This is currently Dybala's position, but that's mainly because our wingers Mandzu and Cuadrado aren't particularly creative. If we add Costa and Berna instead, the amount of creativity is greatly improved. Now, that would allow Dybala to play more of a second striker(SS) then actual playmaker(CAM). This could look like a shift from 4-2-3-1 to a 4-2-2-2, where Dybala is moved from CAM to SS. This might suit Dybala better, but it would require a lot from the players behind the strikers distributing. Personally I agree with Allegri, that Dybala is so gifted that even if his preferred role is a #9, he would need to track back at times and help controlling the game. Similar to how Messi often tracks back and move the ball forward. This way our flanks can go wider, and we'd be harder to defend against. All in all, the improved creativity from our wingers will make us create a lot more chances. It'd be almost impossible to defend against a side with so many players who can challenge 1-1 and go directly or make key passes for one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)