Douglas Costa - AM RL - Bayern Munich (69 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Is this something new to you as a native speaker? :D I was going by the polish saying tbh.

It's ok, we also tried to downplay Vidal's role when he was leaving us. :baus:

It's pretty obvious that Bayern isn't competitive enough for him so he asked for ridiculous money in order to stay. Then the club that played 2 CL finals in 3 years arrives and he's happy to cut his demands only to get into better situation for his carrer point of view. :baus:
They are so 'desperate' to dispose him that they're asking for 50m, thay won't get as much ofc as Beppe knows Douglas has already set his heart on us. :touched:
Listen im not trying to downplay anything. He is not a player im gonna miss for what he has shown the last 18 months.

His first half year here was really good, since then he been mediocre the majority of times

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Well. It woulda been an exciting signing 5 year ago. Now, more like a waste of cash. Could spend it somewhere else. Same shit goes for Bernaderschi as he's on the level with the likes of El Sharaway and so on.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sounds like our sort of transfer targets. A "project" for Allegri to revitalise. Would be nice to just signed a more finished article in this position, and other than Sanchez (unfortunately not gonna happen), who else is there?
That's a very good point to make , but ultimately only thing that matters is how they do for us, not elsewhere.

And as troublesome consistency and output as his past season has been, let's not overdo the critique, it would not be shocking if he performs very well for us simply because he has shown capability of being a quality winger already for them at first for example not a complete no hope flop like Cuadrado was for Chelsea ( but it doesn't matter for us since Cuadrado been good for us), or we would gotten him cheaply or on loan . Question is if Costa can do that again and fit in how we play. As he did fit in for Pep style.

Besides the price, I don't mind gambling on him even if we could done better for sure. Only thing I want to know is if Allegri will use him on the left or right.

Hopefully right, because even if can be good on his natural left wing , his habit of or type of brainless predictability reminds me of Asamoah, as in so one footed and set it in his motion that the defender allways knows he will go wide. Even if he is MUCH better dribbler and crosser then broken goods Asamoah, the same kind of frustrating habit can happen with Costa too.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That's a very good point to make , but ultimately only thing that matters is how they do for us, not elsewhere.

And as troublesome consistency and output as his past season has been, let's not overdo the critique, it would not be shocking if he performs very well for us simply because he has shown capability of being a quality winger already for them at first for example not a complete no hope flop like Cuadrado was for Chelsea ( but it doesn't matter for us since Cuadrado been good for us), or we would gotten him cheaply or on loan . Question is if Costa can do that again and fit in how we play. As he did fit in for Pep style.

Besides the price, I don't mind gambling on him even if we could done better for sure. Only thing I want to know is if Allegri will use him on the left or right.

Hopefully right, because even if can be good on left, his type or brainless predictability reminds me of Asamoah, as in so one footed and set it in his motion that the defender allways knows he will go wide. Even if he is MUCH better dribbler and grosser then broken goods Asamoah, the same kind of frustrating habit can happen with Costa too.

This sucks.

In this case i would prefer to stay with cuadrado and save that money. Cuadrado is also not known for his invetive, and he can run and dribble. pretty much the same shid.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This sucks.

In this case i would prefer to stay with cuadrado and save that money. Cuadrado is also not known for his invetive, and he can run and dribble. pretty much the same shid.
Nah I think he would be better then Cuadrado, all Cuadrado wants to do at times is just wing it and dribble without any plan or thought. Douglas Costa is more set in his motions then he is just a random instinctive street baller like Cuadrado. Costa will more likely use his power and skill to bulldoze you til he can cross. But he can be more of a weapon if he plays in a wing that offers him the opportunity to cut in and shoot a rocket instead of well read path of mainly going wide to cross.

R.A.B.

Mar 24, 2009
The Bayern forum :lol:

Calling Douglas brainless and limited...and at the same time they think they have a great Robben back up in Coman ::lol3::
you clearly havent seen much Bayern this year... It would be better if we write only on sth we have knowledge...
Costa was great last season(most of it) but this season he was pure garbage most of the time. Could not bench ageing wingers, even when coman was fit he would play.

50 mln for costa is a great money for bayern. 40 mln too.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
ffs

Well here's to hoping I was wrong about this guy.

Btw I actually fully expect him to be great in his first few months here, the question is mainly how hard he'll fall off afterwards.
Difference between Douglas Costa and Bernardeschi is basically that his top level is higher than Bernardeschi's, but maybe the Italian would be more consistent and suitable for us over several years, no settling period, etc.

Jun 6, 2015
Definitely a risk with the monies involved and the recent form of the player. However it's a risk that can pay off big time if Douglas Costa actually fulfills his potential. He has some outstanding qualities that he has only been able to showcase for small stretches during his career thus far.

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
you clearly havent seen much Bayern this year... It would be better if we write only on sth we have knowledge...
Costa was great last season(most of it) but this season he was pure garbage most of the time. Could not bench ageing wingers, even when coman was fit he would play.

You really don't know anything about Ancelotti if you think he is going to bench Ribery and/or Robben. You are in for a surprise going forward if you don't already know, he loves playing seniors and big names regardless of what happens. So Bayern probably hasn't been the best environment for Costa (and vice-versa), at Juve there is no reason why he shouldnt be the player he was under Guardiola again.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Nah I think he would be better then Cuadrado, all Cuadrado wants to do at times is just wing it and dribble without any plan or thought. Douglas Costa is more set in his motions then he is just a random instinctive street baller like Cuadrado. Costa will more likely use his power and skill to bulldoze you til he can cross. But he can be more of a weapon if he plays in a wing that offers him the opportunity to cut in and shoot a rocket instead of well read path of mainly going wide to cross.

Well thats better. As long as he can shoot confortably with his left leg and not be a repetitive street baller, im fine with it.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

Did you even read? I don't rate Costa at all and don't need you to educate me on him. i was just laughing about Bayern fans calling him brainless and fapping to Coman at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)