Douglas Costa - AM RL - Bayern Munich (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Marchisio needs to return to his former self first. pre-injury Marchisio was amazing.
He'll never return if he's always benched. Here's what I'm thinking.

- Sell Cuadrado and get Keita. Save money
- Spend big and break the bank

N'Zonzi - Pjanic - Marchisio
Dybala - Sanchez
Higuain

Rotate Keita and Mandzukic there.

Can we apply this logic to PSg ? :D
Yes if a contract is runing out. Otherwise... no. :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
Firstly, I think it's wrong you call Khedira like that. Why? Because Sami next to Pjanic got us tons of points and got us into CL final. Nobody expected that duo to work and it did for a LONG time. Just because it crashed in the second half doesn't mean it was a horrible choice. Such choice got Barca out.

Secondly, I do agree we need a destroyer and somebody like N'Zonzi.

Thirdly, I find it rather funny how NOBODY mentions Marchisio. In every single thread nobody mentions him as our starter :lol2: lineup thread, this one, wishlist thread.

I actually think Marchisio - Pjanic - N'Zonzi would be a perfect midfield.
I still have hope for Marchisio and really hope he is able to force his way into the starting eleven next season. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Allegri went back to his preferred three man midfield at some point next season.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree but, what about our bench options for this midfield?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Khedira - new mid - Sturaro/Rincon

I think that would be enough cover.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I still have hope for Marchisio and really hope he is able to force his way into the starting eleven next season. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Allegri went back to his preferred three man midfield at some point next season.

- - - Updated - - -

Khedira - new mid - Sturaro/Rincon

I think that would be enough cover.
Awful cover

Better we stick to 2 man mid

- - - Updated - - -

Pjanić-N'Zonzi
Khedira-Marchisio
Sturaro as 5th mid and maybe some kid like Bentancur and Mandragora.

Looks way better to me.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
ffs

Well here's to hoping I was wrong about this guy.

Btw I actually fully expect him to be great in his first few months here, the question is mainly how hard he'll fall off afterwards.

Jun 6, 2015
new mid meaning we sign 2 in total?
Yes unless Allegri feels one of Bentancur or Mandragora is ready to fulfill that role.

- - - Updated - - -

Awful cover

- - - Updated - - -

Pjanić-N'Zonzi
Khedira-Marchisio

Looks way better to me.
I think we will start with that but when was the last season we stuck to one formation for the whole season?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Awful cover

- - - Updated - - -

Pjanić-N'Zonzi
Khedira-Marchisio

Looks way better to me.
:tup:

I don't see us moving away from the 2 man midfield set-up. Not after it made us reach the CL final (and play some very good football until the final at least)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes unless Allegri feels one of Bentancur or Mandragora is ready to fulfill that role.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we will start with that but when was the last season we stuck to one formation for the whole season?
We will switch around from time to time, but I think (and I hope) that 4-2-3-1 will be our base formation

Jun 6, 2015
:tup:

I don't see us moving away from the 2 man midfield set-up. Not after it made us reach the CL final (and play some very good football until the final at least)

- - - Updated - - -

We will switch around from time to time, but I think (and I hope) that 4-2-3-1 will be our base formation
Nothing against that but I just hope to see Claudio back on form next season to atleast give Allegri the option of going with three mids.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

A. Marchisio isn't in great physical condition yet

B. Having Sturaro and Rincon as your first choice midfield subs is asking for trouble. At best , they can be utility players like this season.
C. It would mean Dybala will be played out of position and/or underutilised and we don't need that.

Khedira, Marchisio, Pjanić and N'Zonzi. 4 mids with international experience that can rotate with one and other plus 1 or 2 utility mids and we're well or better placed for next season in terms of our midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

In that case, I agree with you.

Id prefer if we got both Nzonzi and Fabinho and just one Winger (on the cheap).
As I said , you don't want Dybala to be played out of position. He's our best talent and we need to get the best out of him.

Jun 6, 2015
A. Marchisio isn't in great physical condition yet

B. Having Sturaro and Rincon as your first choice midfield subs is asking for trouble. At best , they can be utility players like this season.
C. It would mean Dybala will be played out of position and/or underutilised and we don't need that.

Khedira, Marchisio, Pjanić and N'Zonzi. 4 mids with international experience that can rotate with one and other plus 1 or 2 utility mids and we're well or better placed for next season in terms of our midfield.
I don't think we are even disagreeing on this. I'm just not as absolute when it comes to keeping the current formation.

SrdanPopovic

Jul 14, 2016
Ffs :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

This soon gonna be over @SrdanPopovic, tell me how you feel right now? Also, what about the bet you made with @Fr3sh, you gonna tattoo his face on your buttcheek?
Honestly feel like crap...bet is still on,now Costa needs to be CL final decider next year...that Was the original deal with @Fr3sh

He will win just cause he is lucky fuc*ker @zizinho

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I don't think we are even disagreeing on this. I'm just not as absolute when it comes to keeping the current formation.
4-2-3-1 this season came out of necessity. Our midfield was sucking balls and we needed to employ different personnel to hide our weaknesses. Gradually we became successful with this system and now are building on it.

Let's just say it will be formation we use for majority of the season unless half our forwards end up getting injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)