Don't the Juve management ever.... (1 Viewer)

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
look around and decide to change their youth policy?

I mean, we have a very good Primavera team and have done for some time. But no one ever is given the chance at Juve.

Instead, they get loaned out and eventually turn out crap. I guess Moggi sleeps soundly at night thinking "Well I'm glad I didn't give him a chance in our first team, he wasn't very good anyway". When in reality it is more like the effect on their mentality that changes their ability. How would you like to be part of a great youth team for one of the worlds biggest clubs, and then just get farmed out to a....farm club? I imagine they would lack motivation, having seen what has gone before, they know that their Juve career is finished.

Don't they ever look around at players like Messi and Rooney? Someone put faith in them and now they are some of the most promising and valuable players in the world.

Perhaps they think we can continue our current policy. In some ways, I hope that it comes around and bites Moggi and co. in the arse just to teach them a lesson. Like Benjamin scoring a triple hatrick against us or something.

On the otherhand, if you were a young player, why would you choose to play for the Juve youth team? It's insanity.

When we got Del Piero, he was 19, I think, from Padova. Straight into the first team I believe. How does this not happen anymore? He was given his chance, and now we have a Juve icon.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

moggi has a plan for everything. i wouldn't worry so much. although i sometimes hate his transfer decisions i always know it's for the best of the team.

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
Juve is one of the best teams in the world. We have great players at every position. It is very hard for young players to play at that level. I am also sometimes angry that we don`t use more young players instead of always loaning them out. I think that the reason is that only a few players in the world are able to improve our squad. Teams that always sell their stars are a better place for young talents than juventus because there they get time to play and develop. Juventus always plays on the highest level and needs experienced and proven players. I think only few young players have the quality to play at Juventus.
We have a lot of good young players but the problem is that beeing good is not good enough. You have to be a superb player if you want to make it at Juventus.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
It's very difficult for young players to be consistent, and the management needs to have a lot of patience with them. Del Piero was an enormous risk at the time, but it payed out. Olivera is a more recent example, he was great in pre-season last year, but he temporary lost form and was dropped to the bench again. Only if you allow the youngsters to play crap once in a while they will becoem good. Moggi uses the loan system because of that, that way they can play every week without us taking the risk.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
It's very difficult for young players to be consistent, and the management needs to have a lot of patience with them. Del Piero was an enormous risk at the time, but it payed out. Olivera is a more recent example, he was great in pre-season last year, but he temporary lost form and was dropped to the bench again. Only if you allow the youngsters to play crap once in a while they will becoem good. Moggi uses the loan system because of that, that way they can play every week without us taking the risk.
Still the club has confidence in Olivera, I know we all shouted wanting him after the pre-season and then we shouted him out after we saw him. Still he did us some good during his bad times. Do you think inconsistency has something to do with age? Personally, I do.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
Still the club has confidence in Olivera, I know we all shouted wanting him after the pre-season and then we shouted him out after we saw him. Still he did us some good during his bad times. Do you think inconsistency has something to do with age? Personally, I do.
Yes that is a good guess. But then there's also a worse alternative - a player* might not be that capable of handling the pressure which comes when wearing a Juve jersey in a competetive match.
* I'm not meaning specifically Olivera but also "flops" of the past and the future.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
sometimes oliviera reminds me of camoranesi 2 years back he was useless loooses all balls doing practically nothing .. know he is one of the best players in the team i hope he can be a new camoranesi

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
altough it would be nice to see at least 3 of our primavera make it to our reserves sometimes.. thats as much as it gets under moggi

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Yes. If you field a young player he might play superb for a few matches, but then has a dip in form and plays shit. Olivera is a good example of this. If you don't give young players the time and patience to prove themself they will lose confidence.

Gurjio

Jul 25, 2003
Youth players do come through or rather younger players...look at Blasi, Miccoli, Maresca. The key is to play them if they become good enough and if theyre good but not amazing use them as transfer pawns. Its harsh but its good business. As long as Juve win and stay competitive in all competitions why would you get stressed about some 17 yr olds??

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Gurjio ] ++
Youth players do come through or rather younger players...look at Blasi, Miccoli, Maresca. The key is to play them if they become good enough and if theyre good but not amazing use them as transfer pawns. Its harsh but its good business. As long as Juve win and stay competitive in all competitions why would you get stressed about some 17 yr olds??
It´s all about experience and confidence.
There are numerous players that has grown when they got the playtime and confidence from the coach.
Look at for example: Ronaldo (M.Utd), Rooney, Maldini, Owen, among others.

It´s a gamble but if it pays of..., wow...

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Funny that you mention Del Piero's case a good youth management yet then Del Piero himself IMO, partly causes our youth system not to work. In fact MANY FaNS here indirectly supports not developing the youth. (Not exactly the youth SYStem but development of young players).

DP was irreplaceble in the last 4-5 years regardless of his form, only now is Zlatan taking over. But even so many fans hate Capello for this. While it is actually a good sample of regeneration and youth development like Del Piero's young days.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Not really. Zlatan costed us € 16 million. He was bought because he was a good player who happens to be young. You don't pay that much money for an unproven youth player. Chiellini would be a much better example for this, because he was virtually unknown when we signed him from a Serie B ckub last year.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
yeah that's why I said not really the Youth System but more the youth development.
Just trying to prove that it's worth the wait to put Zlatan infront of DP, as a part of Juve's regeneration.

Jul 28, 2002
THe things thast get me is we outstandiing youth players, but they never ever get a real chance in the team....soo many average talents have become good Serie a player sbecause they got the playing time in the respective teams.

Hopefully in the future we may keep hold of a few and play them regularily in the coppa and use as spare bench fillers...especially upfront....possibly replac zala with palla in the future.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I see more italian youngsters now finding their much needed time in the EPL, Rossi for example at MU. Never thought that sort of thing would happen, but it is for the good of the italian youngster.
Inter,Milan,Juve,Roma...All buy most of their stars. And those big clubs tend to be very picky about letting young talents get first team opportunities

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)