don't shoot me! (2 Viewers)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #62
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    out of that list only Canizares Kahn and Dudek could be considered better, perhaps Iker too.
    i've never seen buffon save three(or was it four?)penalties in three matches in the case of sebastian frey,friedel saves very well and is the kind of intimidating rugged bulldog keeper like kahn,not to mention that he is among the strongest keepers out there.marcos is very strong against long shots(remember last season against inter milan?) and personally i've never seen marcos make a goalkeeping error before.barthez-i know he's a real clown at times,but he can save really incredible shots which would have left buffon flat-footed.young keepers(by young i mean 18-22) are extremely prone to low shots and imo robinson is very good against low shots,buffon definitely isn't.

to be honest buffon could have even run a step or two before diving to save saviola's shot and by the time it crossed the line he was miles away:down:imo it looked like he was already about to dive before the shot was actually released and thus couldn't fully anticipate and change his direction fully...if you noticed he didn't even get off the ground.if we had a better keeper,or say maybe even if carini was playing in goal,we'd be going to spain with a one goal advantage.:down:

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    :yuck: :yuck: :fero:

I can't believe you talking like that about Buffon and Trezeguet.
    so ingrate!
    Buffon is the best keeper in the world (maybe not the best, but top 3 for sure!).
    how come all the players and coaches thinks the same way and you don't??? Buffon had a great game against Barcelona. he was so confident with the crosses. he catches everything. Even Tom couldn't have saved the goal. it was a deflected shot! a goddamn deflected shot! :fero:
    you want world class saves? who needs them when he catches almost everything? and don't forget every keeper does mistakes from time to time.
    and the list of better keepers is certainly not true

about Trezeguet, how can you attack him like that? we owe him so much!

Paranoia, you'r attacking the wrong players :)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
    oh,and can someone point out the last time he made a world class save?
    The One on One save against kluivert in Barca match.isn't it enough. if it wasn't for him we would have lost that match.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #66
    ++ [ originally posted by JuVe!! ] ++

The One on One save against kluivert in Barca match.isn't it enough. if it wasn't for him we would have lost that match.
    :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

yes he saved it,but didn't you see he went down before the shot was released?he didn't parry it even,the shot merely hit his foot because kluivert shot there.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #67
    ++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
    :yuck: :yuck: :fero:

I can't believe you talking like that about Buffon and Trezeguet.
    so ingrate!
    Buffon is the best keeper in the world (maybe not the best, but top 3 for sure!).
    how come all the players and coaches thinks the same way and you don't??? Buffon had a great game against Barcelona. he was so confident with the crosses. he catches everything. Even Tom couldn't have saved the goal. it was a deflected shot! a goddamn deflected shot! :fero:
    you want world class saves? who needs them when he catches almost everything? and don't forget every keeper does mistakes from time to time.
    and the list of better keepers is certainly not true
    he can't be in the top three.he's not good enough.he concedes lousy goals,is weak against high long shots and has a flat-footedness so bad it makes me wanna lash out at him sometimes.

it can really bring down a team when "the best keeper in the world"is left flat footed by some weak,low shot even a serie b keeper could have saved.he isn't half as good as so many people make him out to be.if he is,tell me just three world class saves he's made this season.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #68

he can't be in the top three.he's not good enough.he concedes lousy goals ,is weak against high long shots and has a flat-footedness so bad it makes me wanna lash out at him sometimes.
    lousy goals-saviola's goal in the SDA
    high long shots-against inter last season
    flat-footedness-the WC,or even how van hooijdonk scored against us in the CL.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

yes he saved it,but didn't you see he went down before the shot was released?he didn't parry it even,the shot merely hit his foot because kluivert shot there.
    That's because Buffon knew where Kluivert was gonna put it. it's not only the reflexes that make a GK great, it's his mind and positioning. sometimes you have to make educated guesses.

Buffon closed down the angle perfectly and kluivert couldn't do anything.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    BTW Cassilas can't deal with high crosses at all.
    about better keepers there are two only that can be considered better than buffon:

1- Khan
    2- Rustu
    3- Buffon

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Common Para!!! I hate him being flat footed sometimes, but no keeper in the World could have saved those Seedorf shots or the van Hooijdonk FK!!!

Saviola's was also difficult because it was deflected so close to him that he didn't have time to react.

Buffon is indeed one of the best 3 in the World.
    He RARELY (if ever) makes stupid mistakes (like Barthez, Khan, Schmichel even!, and he never has terrible games like Toldo)

one of the only mistakes was against newcastle, but other than that he played very well in that game.

he may not have extremely good games like Toldo in Euro 2000, but at least Buffon is consistant.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #73
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

That's because Buffon knew where Kluivert was gonna put it. it's not only the reflexes that make a GK great, it's his mind and positioning. sometimes you have to make educated guesses.

Buffon closed down the angle perfectly and kluivert couldn't do anything.
    yes you're right but what if kluivert didn't put it there?waiting for the shot to be released before diving when the striker's just three yards away,that's what i call reflexes.and educated guesses don't nearly come off all the time.

saviola's goal is proof.he thought he was gonna shoot to his right but in the end an unlucky deflection results in a goal.by the time he's seen the deflection it's already too far away because he was already getting ready to dive to his right and couldn't fully change his direction and so couldn't even get the neccesary strength to get off the ground.this is a situation when waiting for the shot would have been a better option.it lloks as if he's the victim of a spate of bad luck but really he's one of the culprits as well.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

yes you're right but what if kluivert didn't put it there?waiting for the shot to be released before diving when the striker's just three yards away,that's what i call reflexes.and educated guesses don't nearly come off all the time.

saviola's goal is proof.he thought he was gonna shoot to his right but in the end an unlucky deflection results in a goal.by the time he's seen the deflection it's already too far away because he was already getting ready to dive to his right and couldn't fully change his direction and so couldn't even get the neccesary strength to get off the ground.this is a situation when waiting for the shot would have been a better option.it lloks as if he's the victim of a spate of bad luck but really he's one of the culprits as well.
    !!!

what reflexes are you talking about from 3 yards!!

Buffon is human not a CAT!!!

the second goal isn't Buffon's fault either.....it's never the keepers fault when the ball gets deflected.

anyhow, why do you expect Buffon to be so well with EVERY situation and in every aspect.
    please look at the whole picture:

Buffon is not the perfect keeper.
    Whatever he lacks with reflexes (as you claim), he makes up for in other areas.

when you look at all his other abilities together, you see that he is one of the best.

yoli

Aug 3, 2002
    :) about inter-zeedorf our commentator said that buffon was just sleeping in the gates :)
    van hooijdonk - no one could save it, no one

yoli

Aug 3, 2002

my friend says the same - that he never saved a penalty intentionally
    just fell in the right direction :)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    Hey Paranoia you were asking for a world class save didn't you ok what about Signori freekick wasn't that world class to say the least.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I have to say I am very surprised Buffon is taking so much stick but everyone is entitled to their own opinions

I have noticed lately though its either Buffon is not athletic or his reactions are suspiciously slow as sometimes the balls that beat him seem to be going in slow motion

But name me a goal keeper who does not make errors. Khan, well how did Ronaldo open the scoring in the highest profiled match last year?

Friedel , well of cos he makes tons of errors but he plays for a low profile club so they are not highlighted and few ppl care

Rustu he dropped a clanger against England which almost resulted in a goal

Cassillas both goals against Ukraine we his fault

Ask Leeds if every single goal that Robinson has conceded this season has nothing to to do with the goall kee[per

Does this make the keepers bad , of cos not

Talking about world class saves , it depends on what you mean so keepers play to the cameras and make easy saves look spectacular while the really good ones are usually at the right place at the right time and some of these saves are underated becos they do not look that spectacular

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    denco agree on all counts although maybe dem peeps get frustrated that they paid 30 million quid for his ass and all he does is sit in goal.

truly i partly understand because apart from making saves he isnt great in any other way. i think he's a decent commander of the defence. nothing great. he isnt really a leader by any means....doesnt contribute too much more.....

honestly tho I think he will pay off in the long run......

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #80
    ++ [ originally posted by JuVe!! ] ++
    Hey Paranoia you were asking for a world class save didn't you ok what about Signori freekick wasn't that world class to say the least.
    yup that was a world class save.probably his first world class save in half a season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)