DONADONI IS THE END (20 Viewers)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
you guys have no faith. :blah: :blah: :blah:. he is the right person for the job. what is he gonna do? he has choosen the right guys, IMO. that have the most match fitness. (expect del piero and maybe maresca but nobody gives maresca a chance). italy looked pretty bad last match and donadoni changed it up. instead of having cassano play behind gilla he moved him along side of gilla. that didnt work. so he brings on di michele and plays a 4-3-3. that worked okay, then he brang on inzaghi for cassano, and nothing really seemed to click that well. what do you want the guy to do. i can see maybe if he kept the whole formation the same. but he didnt he try different things. lippi didnt have the most impressive start as coach for italy, so give him a break.

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
I wish Del Piero were called up...being in such great form and all. On the other hand, can't really blame Donadoni for not picking him, as much as I love him, he's getting older, and the young guys have to step up.

Donadoni deserves a few more chances, despite the recent nowhere-near-successes. Poor guy. :frown:

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #45
    cmon italy fans who cares if we lose the euro 2008? we are world champs and even tho france beat us they cant take our world cup away!

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
    Wraith said:
    I wish Del Piero were called up...being in such great form and all. On the other hand, can't really blame Donadoni for not picking him, as much as I love him, he's getting older, and the young guys have to step up.

Donadoni deserves a few more chances, despite the recent nowhere-near-successes. Poor guy. :frown:

Yeah, I agree.Ok, we can not change him now, so let's support him and belive that he will do better

Falafel

Shawarma
    Jul 23, 2006
    tassard said:
    Yeah, I agree.Ok, we can not change him now, so let's support him and belive that he will do better
    yea true
    but if italy wins euro 2008, i wouldnt celebrate, its not thaaaaaaat important

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    delpiero06 said:
    cmon italy fans who cares if we lose the euro 2008? we are world champs and even tho france beat us they cant take our world cup away!

i can just because we won the world cup doesnt mean we can slack off for 4 years, being a great team doesnt mean winning 1 cup, we have to be consistent and try to win them all

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
    May 25, 2004
    swag said:
    I will agree that the real target should be put not on Donadoni's head, but Rossi's. :agree:
    Agree 100%. How stupid is that ! Donadoni who was sacked by livorno to run the N.T coz he is a friend of albertini. it does not make sens for me. Find us a new Coach

Falafel

Shawarma
    Jul 23, 2006
    zizoufan said:
    Agree 100%. How stupid is that ! Donadoni who was sacked by livorno to run the N.T coz he is a friend of albertini. it does not make sens for me. Find us a new Coach
    he wasnt sacked cuz he suked

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    juventus710 said:
    he wasnt sacked cuz he suked
    no he resigned cuz he had a clash with the board, but even during livorno 6 onths doesnt show alot, i mean who was to say that livorno cud of slipped after january, its usually the case with smaller teams who are in a high position

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    Badass Devil said:
    no he resigned cuz he had a clash with the board, but even during livorno 6 onths doesnt show alot, i mean who was to say that livorno cud of slipped after january, its usually the case with smaller teams who are in a high position

ya im sure livorno would of lost that many games in a row with donadoni as their coach. the reason they were on a slump was because donadoni left.

sadmir

Aug 18, 2006
    who cares about italy, from now on i wish they lose every single game, its not donadoni's fault(maybe it is) but still... they got some good players, even if del piero, totti and toni didnt play, so what no big deal. As for totti.. that nigga didnt do shit at the world cup neather with his own club. That guy is just overrated, hes only known for his big mouth and that's it, totti is a fuckin LOSER! and i dont understand y donadoni wants to call him so bad?? what the fuck?? why???? why is he so important for italy, italy won world cup without totti, and the only thing that would be good for him is to retire from football cuz he dont deserve to play att all.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    I fail to comprehend why young coaches such as the likes of Donadoni, Klinsmann and Van Basten constantly see the need to rebuild teams to define their own eras, chopping and changing with the pre-existing structure and almost always doing away with experience in favour of a younger generation. Sure, we had problems with fitness and all, but the selection process wasn't faultless.

Still, no need to hit the panic button just yet. After a world cup triumph we would've needed a kick up the backside to get going anyway.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
    Donadoni is the most clueless manager ever.

But the real reason for Italy's terrible form is because they lost the Juve spirit.

1. Cannavaro was a happy man, then lost his only 2 championships and thrown to a foreign team with no joy.

2. Buffon still didn't grasp what he pledged to do for the next 2 years not playing in Europe , that's a huge trauma.

3. Zambrotta lost all interest of football after the WC + scandal.

4. Camoranesi is not even in the squad after the terrible incidents in his POV.

5. Del Piero, the spirit and the mascot, is not even in the plans.

That's the Juve spirit that was lost, everyone was bummed out, with the main pivot of the spirit :

6. Lippi, a true Juventino and a winner. Gone.

So what can you expect - add to it non Juve issues :

7. Clueless new manager with no record.

8. Totti gone, replaced as NUMBER 10 by someone who Lippi didn't even consider for 18 months and for good reason.

9. Best Italian striker not even in the squad - Luca Toni.

10. Someone like Semioli actually starts instead of Marchionni and Maresca is still not convoked.....

And you have 10 reasons right there. Then again, the season didn't start so everyone not in shape, especially someone like Barzagli who Donadoni convoked just because he was in the WC but of no current merit - hence, clueless.
    :disagree:

Oct 3, 2004
    I am certainly one of those calling for Donadoni's axe.

Anything LESS than six points versus Ukraine and Georgia means that Donadoni has to go.

The Azzurri have played horribly so far under his reign.

Falafel

Shawarma
    Jul 23, 2006
    sadmir said:
    who cares about italy, from now on i wish they lose every single game, its not donadoni's fault(maybe it is) but still... they got some good players, even if del piero, totti and toni didnt play, so what no big deal. As for totti.. that nigga didnt do shit at the world cup neather with his own club. That guy is just overrated, hes only known for his big mouth and that's it, totti is a fuckin LOSER! and i dont understand y donadoni wants to call him so bad?? what the fuck?? why???? why is he so important for italy, italy won world cup without totti, and the only thing that would be good for him is to retire from football cuz he dont deserve to play att all.
    plz keep ur wishes to urself
    n totti is not overrated, he assisted the most goals in the world cup, talk bout being overrated. n he was injured u !d!ot, u look at him wen injured, n then u diss.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    juventus710 said:
    plz keep ur wishes to urself
    n totti is not overrated, he assisted the most goals in the world cup, talk bout being overrated. n he was injured u !d!ot, u look at him wen injured, n then u diss.

all i remember totti doing in the wc, was getting subbed against the usa, trying to score long range shots which were a waste every time, and scoring a peno, anyone in the squad cud of converted, otherwise he didnt do much else, ale put a better contribution in less the time

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Morra10 said:
    ya im sure livorno would of lost that many games in a row with donadoni as their coach. the reason they were on a slump was because donadoni left.

whos to say? i mean its not like carlo mazzone is a bad coach, its usually the case with most over achieving sides that after january they slump, and im sure the same wud of happened to donadoni who was infact failing to get good results towards the xmas period.

point proven

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)