DONADONI IS THE END (20 Viewers)

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
Badass Devil said:
this manager has no balls, i mean mclaren has the balls to drop beckham and find newer alternatives, and its fair to say totti is italy's equivalent to beckham, mr spit aint gona be around forever, we need to find new alternatives like maresca, and ffs why is ambrosini playing for italy all of a sudden? id much rather have aquilani
totti is 100x better than beckham, if u wanna compare totti with an england player, compare with lampard, they both are amazin in their respective league, and on international stage, both suk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
In France they are 4 rounds into their domestic season and as we all know the Italian league hasn't started yet. Italian defeat yesterday was inevitable.

Still, I don't think Donadoni is the right man for the job.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Jem83 said:
In France they are 4 rounds into their domestic season and as we all know the Italian league hasn't started yet. Italian defeat yesterday was inevitable.

Still, I don't think Donadoni is the right man for the job.

as ive said fitness was no excuse, most have been playing in coppa italia's and cl preliminaries

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
but the french players were superior in fitness, it was there for all to see. the azzurri players with all of their poor touches and slow tempo just didn't measure up.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Jem83 said:
but the french players were superior in fitness, it was there for all to see. the azzurri players with all of their poor touches and slow tempo just didn't measure up.

govou is yet to play a min for lyon, and he scroes 2

henry admitted that hes far from fit, and he scores 1

explain that for me

the fact is, its cuz of crapadoni we were inferior to the french in the first place

deploying tactics used by lippi, a wana be lippi

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
C´mon donadoni is a looser
The responsable of the saddess night in italian soccer history
A man like that cant be the coach of the WORLD CHAMPION
This is CALCIO PULITO result
Lippi World Champion is out
Roberto " siamo fuori della coppa " Donadoni is Italy´s coach
Thank you Guido Rossi

As a friend said yesterday see? no juve no party..

By the way ¿ what is albertini doing there?????

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
i'm sorry but i dont see why some people think perotta is any good. he was crap, he played on the left and he did nothing, not one cross this clearly shows that he and donadoni do not know what they are doing, i'll give him the ukraine game and if he does shit then i want donadoni out.

and i am disgusted that donadoni has used these two qualifiers as tests wtf were you thinkin you shit!??!

Sicilian Juve

May 17, 2006
I to am very concerned about the Azzurri. I think it might be too soon to call for Roberto's head, but I agree that he does not have a lot of experience for this job. I mean we go from Lippi to this. Do not get me wrong, Donadoni was one of my favorite players, but we need a Juventino back at the helm. Let me just reply for all of you guys. "good luck getting any bianconeri with a bunch of Milanista's running things" :eyebrows:

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
This defeat is SURELY NOT a matter of fitness.
Vieira completely controled the midfield and played superbly and he plays in Inter who have not started their official matches.So there is no excuse for Italy that the players were not ready.The real responsible is Donadoni IMO.The team did not show the hunger they showed in the WC under Lippi

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
tassard said:
This defeat is SURELY NOT a matter of fitness.
Vieira completely controled the midfield and played superbly and he plays in Inter.So there is no excuse for Italy that the players were not ready.The real responsible is Donadoni IMO.The team did not show the hunger they showed in the WC under Lippi
man, if ur playing a match then the other team gets an offside goal in the first minute or so, how would u feel?

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
juventus710 said:
man, if ur playing a match then the other team gets an offside goal in the first minute or so, how would u feel?

The players were almost in the same situation in the WC final.The other team scored a non-existant penalty in the first minutes.And we all remember how they reacted(in the first half).They tried hard, they eualizqed and they created chances to score.Yesterday Italy had a passive role in all over the pitch.

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
I was very worried when I heard that Donadoni was named coach of the Azzurri. I'm really no expert but I felt that he did not have enough coaching experience to coach at such a high level. Are there no other coaches in Italy with more experience that would take this job? I don't believe that.

Didn't FIGC check the schedule for the Euro qualifiers when they pushed back the season in Italy? WTF they KNEW we had to play 2 games in September but they were too busy punishing Juve for non-proven BS!

But I only buy the non-fit excuse to a point. As mentioned here a lot of the other players for France were not playing much yet either. What I saw yesterday was a disorganized team that did not flow or create any opportunities to score. I'm no soccer expert at all but even my untrained eye could see that Italy could not hang onto the ball. They were either losing passes, or being physically pushed around by the French players and being knocked to the ground. Even though we only scored once in the Lithuania game I thought Cassano worked better with Inzaghi than with Gilardino (and I like Gila).

My biggest complaint is in the team that Donadoni put together. Leaving off Toni and DelPiero and Camoranesi is simply crazy. I understand a lot of you don't like Totti and he has requested time to heal before coming back again but I do think he was missed as well.

To me this team looked like that had no unifying element, no passion, no TEAMwork. They need to believe again that they can accomplish something great. Right now I think Donadoni's biggest enemy is the loss of confidence this team is bound to be feeling right now. I could see the desparation in their eyes yesterday and that is scary to see...I'm not used to seeing that.

So ... question...who would you guys suggest as a replacement for Donadoni and how would you get this team back to World Cup performances? Is it all just a matter of being "unfit" to play so soon? Thx.

laffayette

Jul 11, 2006
Replying to your question, AzzurriGirl..

Bring Lippi back. I agree with most of the members here, I don't think Donadoni is the right man for the job.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Lippi's gone, folks. He was treated like absolute shit by Rossi and the administrative crew. I commend him for winning Italia the Cup and then giving those guys the figurative big middle finger on the way out the door. Just desserts.

Donadoni is in there now. A better choice than Trappatoni, mind you. And yeah, three games and everyone wants his head. Welcome to the Italy NT. Lippi is untouchable because he left at the top of his game with the NT, when (as others have pointed out) he coached the final somewhat miserably and Italy arguably could have gone home with silver medals thanks to him in part.

Keep your pants on. It's not the end of the world.

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
Oh...I have no illusions that Lippi would ever come back to the NT. Why should he? He left at the top and was treated badly. Actually, it would be great if Lippi would go back to work at Juventus in some capacity in management.

As for the Azzurri ...I'm really worried. I'm not giving up on them because they are my team and I love them but I do think some changes need to be made and soon.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Lets get over it follks and face it. There's no way we're going to see Lippi on that bench once again. He could have remained If he really wanted to stay.

That said, IMO, the only way Italy can go back on track is bringing their key players (Totti, Del Piero) and for those who are going to question me for choosing Alex...No, I didn't choose him because he's my fav player, but because he's a key player just like Francesco. Not to forget that he seems to be in good condition and moral and of coarse not having champions league or coppa italia, I think he's more than ready to wear the Azzurri jersey against Ukrain.

Donadoni will have to stick with his tactics, as he's no Lippi to keep on changing them. It's a very delicate moment for the team, and I hope he wont keep puzzling these tactics....

By October, I also think Nesta will be more than ready to replace barzagli...

Thats how my formation would be for the up-coming game in October....

Buffon
Zambrotta-Nesta-Canna-Grosso
Gattuso-Pirlo-Perrotta
Totti
Gila-Del Piero

Cassano can have his chances later....definitely not now.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Azzurri7 said:
Lets get over it follks and face it. There's no way we're going to see Lippi on that bench once again. He could have remained If he really wanted to stay.

That said, IMO, the only way Italy can go back on track is bringing their key players (Totti, Del Piero) and for those who are going to question me for choosing Alex...No, I didn't choose him because he's my fav player, but because he's a key player just like Francesco. Not to forget that he seems to be in good condition and moral and of coarse not having champions league or coppa italia, I think he's more than ready to wear the Azzurri jersey against Ukrain.

Donadoni will have to stick with his tactics, as he's no Lippi to keep on changing them. It's a very delicate moment for the team, and I hope he wont keep puzzling these tactics....

By October, I also think Nesta will be more than ready to replace barzagli...

Thats how my formation would be for the up-coming game in October....

Buffon
Zambrotta-Nesta-Canna-Grosso
Gattuso-Pirlo-Perrotta
Totti
Gila-Del Piero

Cassano can have his chances later....definitely not now.
amen to that, but you would leave out luca toni?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)