does anyone watch (1 Viewer)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
What's the deal? I watch it sometimes when I can't sleep but I despise all of them, except the girl. She sides with Juve quite often.

OP
Lawnchair Bes
Jan 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    i really got inspired and decided to write them a letter of complaint. i need some opinions.

Hello TLN TV,

I am guy from Toronto who moved here recently. I used to live in Europe where I have always seen the Seria A and been a Juventus fan since 1997. I wouldn't call myself an Italian Soccer Fanatic but I am certantly a very passionate fan. When i moved here one of my worries was the inability to be close to Italian Soccer and when i saw that TLN was showing games every week I certantly was relieved. Recently i started following your Sunday night show "the italian soccer fanatics" and after following it for about 3 weeks i have to say that i really feel cheated about my time wasted by watching that "show". First of all where is the common decency about putting on air some respponsible people who have respect for each other and follow basic grammatical rules. The language on the show is ridiculous and is beyond any ethics that such a respected tv channel such as TLN TV should follow.
    Looking at the show from the soccer prespective is even more painful. I watched 5 minutes of the show and the subject was changed several times, from the highlights to a game to the scandal in Germany. There is no flow of ideas whatsoever and the people there do not even listen to themselves. How do they expect us to listen to them. An other aspect of the show is the addition of the female character who firstly, has absulutely no idea on the subject of soccer secondly does not know how to direct a show, thirdly is not even that beautiful so that us viewers would be distracted from her flops. She adds nothing to the show. Please somebody at least teach her how to pronounce the names of the players and some basic background knowlegde on the teams invovled so it would at least look as if she knows something. The other guys on the show are even worse, because they pretend they know everything and they are unable to have civilized conversations or express unbiased opinions.
    I do not understand the whole concept behind the show, sorry to say this but i see no point in seeing a bunch of guys just arguing without any sort of organization or hoping to achieve anything.
    I realize that this e-mail will probably reach a deaf ear (or a blind eye if i may) let alone be read on the show but do regard this e-mail as a concern rather than an insult. I am just worried that such an incredible league as the Seria A gets this show that with minimal effort in organization and preparation would achieve much higher levels, instead of being at the level that it is right now.

A concerned viewer.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Dude, i dono anything bout this show, but the letter looks awsome.! good job. Way 'ta rub in their face! :D
    btw, where'd u move from? Albania? and where in toronto do u live? I have family in Maple and Richmond Hill.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    I totally agree with everything you said there. The show is totally irrelevant to soccer, and is just like the ramblings you would find in a typical Italian café on a Sunday morning in Toronto with a bunch of Canadian Italians who insist on yelling at each other and grabbing themselves in the crotch area numerous times. Before you send it in, check it over, and they might read it.

OP
    Lawnchair Bes
    Jan 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by iBianconeri ] ++
    Dude, i dono anything bout this show, but the letter looks awsome.! good job. Way 'ta rub in their face! :D
    btw, where'd u move from? Albania? and where in toronto do u live? I have family in Maple and Richmond Hill.
    in east end, scrabourough

OP
    Lawnchair Bes
    Jan 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by iBianconeri ] ++
    one example. the girl that Max said that he kinda likes said once about the roma's second golie Zotti, she said "the only good thing coming for him right now is that his name rhymes with totti" :groan:

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    I don't like her that much man, she's absolutely brutal, but she likes Juve so it's alright.

OP
    Lawnchair Bes
    Jan 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    thats one hell of a show. i am telling you, i watched the show for 20 mins and got so insipered, just last time i actually sat down and wrote it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)