Do you think we need a new formation?! (9 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Maresca said:
but Blasi is still better than pessoto. and TBH our problem yesterday was not blasi..
How in your mind can you say that? Please will you be kind to explain to all of us how can Blasi be better than Pessotto? Put the age aside please, start explaining.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Jeeks said:
How in your mind can you say that? Please will you be kind to explain to all of us how can Blasi be better than Pessotto? Put the age aside please, start explaining.
did not you see any game of pessoto this season (specialy against roma in coppa). Pessoto´s time is over. why do you pick out Blasi to blame, this guy is giving his best, even if he is not playing at his position. and he was not that bad yesterday, he defended well in many situations.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Pessotto at his best is better than Blasi at his best,
but the last period Pessotto really sux (save one game)
Blasi IMO is playing better RB than DM, he can cope with fast players too

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
come on guys..... Even if Blasi is a total disaster, he is nothing compared to Pessotto... Pessotto can cause Juve's destruction and humiliation in one match... He used to be a good player .... But now , naaah...As far as i'm concerned, I'd play with an injured Blasi rather than play with Pessotto

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Pessotto has lost most of his pace, which is probably the most important thing for a right back. Blasi is also more aggresive, which is good because he wins lots of 50/50 balls because of that. The only problem with Blasi is that even Chimenti is better at going forward, so he isn't really suited for any position except the uber-defensive midfielder role.

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
blasi is giving his best but his best is not enough to have a place in this squad even in the bench,he is really poor.
about his position this is his original one (right back),he was playing in this position when he was at roma.
Maresca said:
did not you see any game of pessoto this season (specialy against roma in coppa). Pessoto´s time is over. why do you pick out Blasi to blame, this guy is giving his best, even if he is not playing at his position. and he was not that bad yesterday, he defended well in many situations.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
the crosses came from balzers side but at 2-1 blasi had the ball under no reall pressure he has a weak clearance which is blocked bremen cross the ball and should have scored canna with some brilliant defending clears for a corner which bremen score from.

blasi is often slow and ponderous in possesion and capbale of seving a great assist for the opposition to score at any second

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
im sorry guys while u all are picking on our full backs i think our main problem is in the DM viera isn't his usual self, come on he should break attacks, put pressure slow off other teams attacking skills but since november i didn't see such a thing from him.

other thing it that non of our full backs are really good at blocking crosses, with this i mean the availabe ones(zambo and zebin r fine), but i don't blame them this is a skill that the coach should train them on.

i remember a couple of years ago, we played ManU in the Cl and the match was a disaster an own goal from tudor and a really bad match by Zambo as a full back, look at him now he is one of the best in the world.

whay i really wanna say is that they need some confident.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Jeeks said:
The problem is the approach and the psychological attitude the players are in, it is not the formation nor the starting lineup.

The approach and player morale is up to the coach to deal with.
For the one who asked me if it is always the coach in the negative rep I received for that.
The answer is, yes it is up to the coach to give morale and teach the players how to approach the game. The players don't figure that out by themselves, you moron!!

Sep 28, 2002
Maresca said:
agree on both counts. pessotto's too old. you cant put age aside. the guy's a legend, something blasi will never be, neither at juve nw at any other teams in serie a, but pessotto is just not good enough anymore, just like montero before leaving.

and blasi against werder wasnt bad at defending, he created more troubles when he actually had possession.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Blasi was playing out of position.... his problem was possession

He cant be compared to Pessotto if age wasent a factor.....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The problem is not only the formation in the Champions League, but also our attitudes towards the matches that Capello has an influence over. The 4-4-2 is very adept in the Serie A against sides such as Udinese and Lecce because we can simply suffocate anything they do with our defense and wall of four in midfield while taking our time in posession. We simply go through the motions and usually grab a goal or two after pieces of individual brilliance or mistakes by the opponents. We also rarely create more than five great opportunities to score during our matches, which would be frightening if we did not have such a lethal finisher in Trezeguet spearheading our attack.

But this sort of thing doesn't work in Europe. Why? Because the best sides in Europe are quite superior to the average team in Serie A and simply exploit our sluggishness as soon as the first kick of the ball is made. For some reason we always step out on the pitch flat and lethargic, and thus far in away matches in the Champions League with Capello at the helm we always seem to concede an early goal. Against Liverpool, Bayern, and Bremen we were played off the park in the first half of each respective match, and if this trend continues we will simply not be able to recover from such a sluggish start...especially if we play a side who can pack it in like Liverpool. When you play Juventus all you have to do is come out with guns blazing, score a few goals, then pack in the defense and stiffle our clumsy attack.

So to remedy these weaknesses, something Capello will not do mind you, I would play to our strengths and field a trident attack, thus placing Nedved on the bench and bringing in Mutu...a player who we should have been using from DAY ONE. I would also change our mentality from match to match and not continue chugging along, playing at the same lethargic pace all the time. That simply doesn't work in Europe with managers such as Mourinho who can see these trends coming from a mile away.

I think the biggest issue in the Champions League is seemingly coming unprepared to play and not fielding the right players...this comes before the formation switch, however that is indeed important as well, and both of which Capello controls. But if we continue to start each match in the Champions League looking like we have a huge hangover, we will crash out of this tournament sooner or later. The scary thing is it could already be too late... especially if we are told to be "patient" at the Delle Alpi..

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
If Ibra and Vieira scored those freakin' goals people like me wouldn't talk sh1t on Juve. We need to finish our chances and everything will be ok. Simple as that.

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #40
    You are 100% right RochemBeck. In seria a there are only 5 or 6 strong teams, and those are the ones who fight for the CL spots. But in CL you have only quality teams, already the fact that they play in CL says that they are stronger then other, i am ofcourse not talking about some small league. But in CL you have strong teams and its not somekind of " ok lets use our usual 4-4-2 and hope one of our playes will work", for me it looks as cap doesnt do enough homework before CL match starts....

for him its probably another game of thousands, but CL is much much differant from league of coppa games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)