Do you prefer to have a goal scored controversially or a goal ruled out?? (1 Viewer)

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
i prefer my team to thrash the opponent so that we dont have to whine and bother about a ruled out goal..;)
I agree ..... its better to thrash the opponent rather than thinking about ruled goals:D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I like the controversial ones. "We're 4 minutes into stoppage time here at the Delle Alpi. The home side are trailing Parma 2-1 and things are looking glum for the Bianconeri. The hopeful long ball over the top,Del Piero brings the ball down,rounds the keeper at slots it in!!!!!!!!!!!! It's 2-2 but surely there was a hint of handball in that goal. The ref allows the goal as the Juventini celebrate!" ;)

Jan 1, 2003
Controversial. As long as there'll be no replays available for the officials, controversy should and will be part of football. So as long as it's part of the game I have no problem with a controversial goal. In most games the better team does win.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Let it stay as it is after all at one time or another all teams are affected and it makes for a wonderful amount of traffic across the web, newspapers, bars, cafes etc. It won't be the same if replays were introduced.
It also creates a more fearsome return match .... grudge matches!!!

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
good point.i do agree with sepp blatter in the "no replays" thing.football is all about controversy.
then how bout this..singapore qualifies for the WC, and stunningly beats Brazil and Argeentina stylishly en route to the final. they face Trapattoni's South Korea..and lose in the last minute when a korea player rugby tackles ur keeper and Ahn scores with a glorious volleyball wham...and the goal is allowed..;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)