Do we need a CB? (1 Viewer)

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
Yes a new CB would be nice, but do we really need a new CB?

Our Back line

Zebina (RB) - Played well in the friendlys, and his mistakes might not be punished playing as a full back.

Thuram (RCB)

Zambrotta (LB)

For LCB we have Tudor, Legro, Montero and Iuliano

Its very unlikely that all 4 can have a bad season.

Legro - Showed lots of promise at Chievo and hasnt shown any signs of that in Juve but, Even Nedved took some time didnt he? Yes Nedved played better later coz Lippi persisted with him, that wasnt the case with legro plus he had injury problems.

Montero - Played well in the Coppa America

Iuliano- Yes he is useless with rare flashes of brilliance.:D

Tudor - One of the most underated players in my opinion, if he stays injury free for a season, he could be a contender for the seasons top scorer:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dharurat

Oct 16, 2002
Do we really need a CB?

When we're letting in 2 goals against Djurgarden at home, i'm gonna go out of my way and vote for... HELL YEAH!

++ [ originally posted by abhinav ] ++
For LCB we have Tudor, Legro, Montero and Iuliano

Its very unlikely that all 4 can have a bad season.
Well, all 4 were bad last season...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah. The fact is that we have A LOT of centre backs, but none of them are any good. Even Serie B clubs have scored at will against us in the preseason, and somehing needs to be done, asap.

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
But we never fielded our best defence

against Djurgarden we played witgout Zebina and Thuram.

And in friendlies we sometimes played without thuram and Zambrotta was in the midlfield.

We never fielded this defence this year:

Zebina---Thuram---Montero---Zambrotta

And this is our best defence at the moment.

So in conclusion we don't know how our defence will work when all the starters will be in it. But I would still wan't a player for CB positon but I don't think it will happen. But we will probably get a RB so that Zebina will play in the centre and when nedde he will move back to the RB position

OP
.AB.

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Dharurat ] ++
    Do we really need a CB?

When we're letting in 2 goals against Djurgarden at home, i'm gonna go out of my way and vote for... HELL YEAH!

Well, all 4 were bad last season...
    2 bad season in a row for all 4 of them, even more unlikely, they were unlucky with injuries too.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    Zebina-Thuram-Legrottaglie-Zambrotta isnt that bad actually at least 50% of it consists of world class players!. Zambrotta and Thuram. But i still think we need another good CB. Look at Milan and Inter: Cafu-Nesta-Stam-Maldini and Zanetti-Cordoba-Cannavaro-Favalli. cant match them at the moment. And not to even mention Roma too: Chivu-Mexes-Ferrari-Candela.

OP
    .AB.

.AB.

Mafioso
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    Player ages.

Backline of Inter

Zanetti(33)-Cordoba(29)-Cannavaro(31)-Favalli
    (32)

Milan

Cafu(35)-Nesta(29)-Stam(33)-Maldini
    (36)

Juve

Zebina(26)-Thuram(31)-Legrottaglie(28)-Zambrotta(28)

The defence of the Milan teams is going to be like our defence last year.

Aug 26, 2003
    i would also happy if we sign a new CB but if not, and that is more realistic we have to do with thes guys!!

I think they can't do worse than last season, Legro will improve (he knows that he must), Thuram will also do better, Zebina showed in friendly that he is good player, Zambrotta (there is no comment needed)

and i think with a good attack that can handle to score and especially with a good midlefield with also doing defensive work we will be strong, i am sure of that!!

forza juve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)