Diego Godin to Juve? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juventino19

Nov 20, 2005
Juventus Set to Sign Uruguayan Defender Godin goal.com

Uruguayan international Diego Godin is on the verge of signing for Italian giants Juventus and will travel to Europe on Thursday to seal the deal.

The highly rated centre back performed well in last month’s Copa America, and helped Uruguay reach the semifinals, which they lost to eventual champions Brazil on penalty shootouts.

Godin, who is owned by Club Nacional de Football of Montevideo, has attracted interest from several top European clubs, including Real Madrid, and Inter Milan.

But Juventus, who will return to Italy’s top flight next season, are the most likely club to sign the player, after offering Nacional a deal that they are unlikely to refuse.

In recent hours Spain's Villarreal have also offered the player a lucrative deal, but it is unknown whether their offer is greater to the one initially presented by Juventus.

The defender has already announced his departure to the directors of Nacional, the club he helped reach the quarterfinals of last season’s Copa Libertadores.

“I trained in the morning and then said farewell to my teammates and to the people that are here everyday. Something like this brings strange feelings. It was all very fast. I’m very happy because it is something that I’ve always been waiting for”, Godin said.

Juventus have been tracking the player for some time now, because they think he can add stability to their defense. If there are no complications Godin should be presented at the club later on in the week.

Gregory Sica
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont really know how concrete this truly is but for the sake of transfer gossip, ill throw my two cents in. I wont lie, I didnt even notice this guy in the C.A but if Milan and Madrid were after him then he must be decent. He definetly wont be a starter, but could definetly be a great squad player. Whats even better is that this could blow the Transfer Market doors of Juventus wide open.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Is this another case like that nobody Castillo. The one suppose to join sumwhere back last week.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Ive seen him play twice, although maybe in the unimpressive matches. First was against england where he really was a lost sheep running around but remarkably the only defender who saved them from some dangerous counter attacks, secondly the copa match against peru where he played good in the first have but terrible in the latter. I think his strength are his quick anticipation and tackling. I dont know if its a good thing but he doesnt seem to stay on once place thats for sure. The footie pundit tim vickery highly rated him and there are conflicting reports that villareal are looking to sign him (http://football.guardian.co.uk/breakingnews/feedstory/0,,-6820900,00.html. Either way from the positive aspects of what ive read about him, I would go for him.

nucleo21

THE HUNTER
Apr 1, 2007
Only thing i know is that we need one class defender. I think that Cannavaro must return becouse he is the only for the moment that can command our defend line and all juve squad. and young players like Crisito will learn more from him.
And finally we need Huntelaar becouse he is the unbelievable player he is born striker. and Secco buy him now becouse next season you will not have a chance to buy him.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Only thing i know is that we need one class defender. I think that Cannavaro must return becouse he is the only for the moment that can command our defend line and all juve squad. and young players like Crisito will learn more from him.
And finally we need Huntelaar becouse he is the unbelievable player he is born striker. and Secco buy him now becouse next season you will not have a chance to buy him.
if we qualify for CL this year we can buy whoever we want

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
We dont need any strikers, we need 3 players just to get us through this season in a CL spot

A DC
Canna, Meira, anyone with experience

DM
Makelele just for one season

AM
Van Der Vaart

3 players more and we are guaranteed a CL spot, other than that we are lucky to be on par with Palermo

David01

Aug 20, 2006
like Gabi Milito:D
we don't have MOGGI now :smoke:
shut the fuck up about Moggi, he is gone, out and he ain't coming back!
top players want cl and once we qualify they will come Moggi or not, Milito had the choice, Barca in Spain with CL football or Juve recently promoted with a new team. That was a difficult choice

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
shut the fuck up about Moggi, he is gone, out and he ain't coming back!
top players want cl and once we qualify they will come Moggi or not, Milito had the choice, Barca in Spain with CL football or Juve recently promoted with a new team. That was a difficult choice
Oh yeah?
So why,then Viera choose us over Real Madrid before two years,when Reals offer was at least high as ours? Because we have better shirts?
No, because Moggi talk to him and make the deal.
Players do not come because of air.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Oh yeah?
So why,then Viera choose us over Real Madrid before two years,when Reals offer was at least high as ours? Because we have better shirts?
No, because Moggi talk to him and make the deal.
Players do not come because of air.
I don't think people realize how excellent moggi was at what he did. They will soon. I think Moggi would have been able to get us a couple better players than we got this year. We will miss him.

As for Godin... he is 21. We have Criscito and Chiellini who are both you CB's and LB's (if need be). This just tells me that Chiellini is on his way out, because if he was staying there would be no need for this kid. I would love to see us pick up Lugano though.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
cuz we played in CL, you think because of Moggi's pretty eyes?
we were a top European side back then and now we just have promoted from B. that is why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)