Didier Drogba - ST - Galatasaray (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Perhaps you can't read very well. But where, exactly in that sarcastic post did I say Drogba is still World Class?

The whole point of the first two lines of that post is that players who are older can have great success in Serie A.
Lol, lets just let it be. I never said u said drogba was still world class. Have a good evening :)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Drogba.

I smell 4th consecutive scudetto.

:tuttosport:

He's not the player he once was, but he can still be devastating for us in Serie-A. And I believe he can get us some CL goals as well, due to his vast experience. Great natural athlete with a superb eye for goal. At least we'll get out of dem dere groupstages with Drogba on board, I have no doubts about that.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Dont tell lies, pretty low wages? Hes on 4m a season now, and would at 3,5m be one of the highest paid players in the squad. And that net, juve would pay 7m to have drogba. Probably high fees to agent and the move is now longer cheap, for what we are really getting.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not. Show me or learn to read
Getting rid of Quags , Vucinic and Osvaldo, and replacing them with a player who still is 2 times deadlier than the ones mentioned, and that will be cheaper on wages if we take in account that the salaries of those 3 combined is more than the one we will pay for drogba, is good business IMO.

From all our bench players, the only trusty one when needing goals is Quags, but we all know that outside of his goal treat he doesnt offer much. Drogba on his prime was like Llorente on steroids, even better. So if he can emulate at least 75% of it, ill be pleased. Having Someone like Drogba as a Llorente back up ,coming in when the spaniard is having a poop day, is awesome. IMO he can even be better than current Llorente if he really gets fired up.

In fact, im very interested to see what Conte can get from him. If Conte can get the dude spirited enought, i expect good things. Unlike the rejects we have got mid january as of late, Drogba was a REAL world beater, in the lines of DP,Van nistelrroy,Trez. So i would trust his judgement much more than all of the forwards we have had in the last 3 years, in the same line of DP and Tevez.

UNlike Llorente, Drogba is a born killer. I wanna see some of that in this team.

Having said all this, we obvs will need a quality extra forward to add, Like Sanchez et all, to be able to play other formations. Drogba will be here most likely for one season,then we will try to find a replacement for both him and llorente.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
the style of play which we play is awful. perhaps a more modern formation and pacy, intelligent players in the final third would make European nights much easier..
That's an entirely different discussion. The issue here is signing quick fix players who are a bit over the hill.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Drogba.

I smell 4th consecutive scudetto.

:tuttosport:

He's not the player he once was, but he can still be devastating for us in Serie-A. And I believe he can get us some CL goals as well, due to his vast experience. Great natural athlete with a superb eye for goal. At least we'll get out of dem dere groupstages with Drogba on board, I have no doubts about that.
This.

We need players like him who know what especifically they are doing. He is a natural goalscorer with craploads of experience. He was on his prime the ultimate CF, so i believe that he still got some of it.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Well, if the problem isn't the Serie A then the very players have now are not good enough.
Exactly, and Drogba is not the answer. Add a Sanchez, Di Maria or Shaqiri and this would make more sense. But when I look at the wages, I start to doubt this.

Bartolo

May 18, 2014
That's an entirely different discussion. The issue here is signing quick fix players who are a bit over the hill.
rather bring in gabbiadini who is dying for a chance here than a gold digger like drogba

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, and Drogba is not the answer. Add a Sanchez, Di Maria or Shaqiri and this would make more sense. But when I look at the wages, I start to doubt this.
:tup:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Gabbiadini has not even impressed that much at Sampdoria. I don't see how he'd even improve our bench in terms of strikers as he's basically a 1 dimensional winger at this point in his career with a knack for taking poor long shots with his left foot.

Bartolo

May 18, 2014
Gabbiadini has not even impressed that much at Sampdoria. I don't see how he'd even improve our bench in terms of strikers as he's basically a 1 dimensional winger at this point in his career with a knack for taking poor long shots with his left foot.
not a winger, and he has great technique. he is hungry and I sure he would pounce on every opportunity given. he deserves a chance

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I don't think this is a great transfer tbh. Yet another Anelka, Bendtner scenario. Don't see many top clubs making moves like this.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
not a winger, and he has great technique. he is hungry and I sure he would pounce on every opportunity given. he deserves a chance

Well he's playing as a Winger now. And i'm saying even if we treat him like a striker he'd be our least capable striker. He's not a solution to anything at this point in his career

Also he has the lowest shot conversion rate out of all the forwards in the league. So if you think he's going to come off of the bench and smash a goal in with his first sniff you're wrong. I wouldn't trust him to start upfront for us against a top Serie A side let alone in the Champions League.

Of course, part of the reason for his low shot conversion is his constant cutting in and shooting. But that's no excuse ad he's hardly the only forward in the league that shoots from outside the box.

Why are we overrating such an average talent? Immobile I understand as he was amazing this year. Gabbiadini... Overrated purely because he's connected to us.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I don't think this is a great transfer tbh. Yet another Anelka, Bendtner scenario. Don't see many top clubs making moves like this.
Because topclubs already have players like Drogba on the bench.
City has Dzeko or Negredo
ManU has Chicharito
Chelsea has Torres
Real has Morata
Atletico has Villa/Diego
Bayern has Gotze/Muller

And we have Quag/Vucinic

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Oh no , far from it. Anelka had some interesting seasons and thats it...that was on his prime. Bendner is a born loser and doesnt count.

Drogba on the other hand was top tier world beater, the best in the world on his prime. Like a god in comparison with those 2 rejects.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Oh and keep in mind, Gab might turn out to be a very useful player. But like Berardi, he's not ready for us imo.

He would be such an average bench option at this point in time, and he'd seldom get opportunities in important games which is no good to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)