Didier Drogba - ST - Galatasaray (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I agree we need starters, but if we sell Quag and Vucinic, we need a replacement, and since Drogba is available on a free transfer, this needs to done ASAP if we want him.
But then we must be certain to get rid of the two mentioned above.
We're replacing 2 (+ Osvaldo) with 1 player? And for 3.5M/year? Clearly not a good idea if we don't intend to add more forwards or change the line up for good.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Starters like Sanchez should be the No.1 priority I agree. However our bench is far from great and Conte himself clearly has issues trusting most of our bench to do a job even against lowly Serie A sides. Hence our insane lack of rotation. We literally run our best players into the ground then make half a teams worth of changes all at once because they can no longer play for a Week.

Even though it would be awful, if we kept the exact same starting XI and upgraded our bench we would be better off for it. As it would allow us to rotate properly in the league and have our key players fit & firing in big European matches. As opposed to our weakened, tired team playing against a fully fit club like Bayern Munich 3 days after grinding out some away fixture in the league as our bench weren't good enough to do it themselves.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Bc drogba at 36 is not anywhere near his former level. There is a reason most footballers do not play at the highest level at that age.
Of course he's not anywhere near his former level, that's why he is cheap and on a pretty low wage. Don't be so redundant, Fredrik

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Name me 10 world class footballers who are 6 foot 5 or taller.

No?

Must mean Ibrahimovic is actually shit.

- - - Updated - - -
Lol, your arguing age isnt a factor. Drogba went to china, must be bc he wanted to compete at the highest level....he tried to milk the last money out of his name, just like he went to the highest payer in gala. He is a mercenary living of past ability and skill. Your arguing 36+ year old footballers at the highest level is common, its not.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Lol, your arguing age isnt a factor. Drogba went to china, must be bc he wanted to compete at the highest level....he tried to milk the last money out of his name, just like he went to the highest payer in gala. He is a mercenary living of past ability and skill. Your arguing 36+ year old footballers at the highest level is common, its not.
Now you're just arguing against yourself :sergio:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
If we keep signing these players, we're gonna have problems replacing them all at once. It's like we're collecting old players these days.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Of course he's not anywhere near his former level, that's why he is cheap and on a pretty low wage. Don't be so redundant, Fredrik
Dont tell lies, pretty low wages? Hes on 4m a season now, and would at 3,5m be one of the highest paid players in the squad. And that net, juve would pay 7m to have drogba. Probably high fees to agent and the move is now longer cheap, for what we are really getting.

- - - Updated - - -

Now you're just arguing against yourself :sergio:
I am not. Show me or learn to read

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Could you please elaborate?
We don't have the youngest squad out there, and if we keep getting these players because they're cheap (for a reason), we're gonna have problems in the recent future replacing them.

Look at Buffon, Barzagli, Pirlo, Lichtsteiner, Tevez and now possibly Drogba. We're gonna get to a point where we need to replace them sooner rather than later, and signing guys like Drogba is clearly heading in the other way.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013

No I am clearly not. You're arguing that for me apparantly :lol:

Nobody is saying he's still in his Prime. But dismissing a player on age is beyond stupid. Do I think he's still good enough to be a reliable back up player? Yes

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
We're replacing 2 (+ Osvaldo) with 1 player? And for 3.5M/year? Clearly not a good idea if we don't intend to add more forwards or change the line up for good.
For me this indeed means a change in tactic is coming if we get him.
drogba will play world cup and african cup .
WC shouldn't be a problem, and who knows, it might be his last tournament.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Dont tell lies, pretty low wages? Hes on 4m a season now, and would at 3,5m be one of the highest paid players in the squad. And that net, juve would pay 7m to have drogba. Probably high fees to agent and the move is now longer cheap, for what we are really getting.
How do we know if it's net? And I'd like you to show some sort of source indicating that Italy has a 100% income tax. He is free, and considering he did score 10 goals in the leage last season, considering the fact that he has tons of European experience - even leading his team to win it once. That is a pretty sweet deal. You can cry all you want, but I'd rather have Drogba age 36 sitting on the bench than a 20 year old talent.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
You must be mistaken, football is a young mans game you see. And historically, older players have always struggled to cope with the extreme intensity and pace of Italian football.

Which is why instead of paying Drogba 3.5M we should put all of our efforts into signing Alberto Paloschi as he'd only cost a few million Euros and he's 12 years younger which means he's a hell of a lot better.
hello

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
We don't have the youngest squad out there, and if we keep getting these players because they're cheap (for a reason), we're gonna have problems in the recent future replacing them.

Look at Buffon, Barzagli, Pirlo, Lichtsteiner, Tevez and now possibly Drogba. We're gonna get to a point where we need to replace them sooner rather than later, and signing guys like Drogba is clearly heading in the other way.
Tevez is 30 :D and the rest of those guys are already covered. With the exception of Buffon of course, but we're going to deal with that when we have to.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
How do we know if it's net? And I'd like you to show some sort of source indicating that Italy has a 100% income tax. He is free, and considering he did score 10 goals in the leage last season, considering the fact that he has tons of European experience - even leading his team to win it once. That is a pretty sweet deal. You can cry all you want, but I'd rather have Drogba age 36 sitting on the bench than a 20 year old talent.
Its 50% fool.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
L'AMICO - Intanto, a confermare che l’ipotesi Drogba-Juventus è concreta, arrivano le parole di Cenk Ergun, team manager del Galatasaray e amico del giocatore, che ha parlato con Calciomercato.com: «Ho parlato molto con Didier in questi ultimi giorni e so che la famiglia avrà un peso determinante nella sua decisione. La Juventus è una possibilità».

FRIEND - Meanwhile, to confirm the hypothesis that Drogba vs Juventus is concrete, come the words of Cenk Ergun, team manager of Galatasaray and friend of the player, who spoke with Calciomercato.com: "I talked a lot with Didier in these the last few days and I know that the family will have a decisive role in his decision. Juventus is a possibility. "
TT:boh:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Let's put it this way, who would you rather have, Drogba or Quagliarella? Evra or Peluso?

That's it from me....no wait....

DROGBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)