Didier Drogba - ST - Galatasaray (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Drogba could potentially do truck loads of damage in Serie A. You don't even need to run in this league. Luca Toni had about 20 goals ffs.

Drogba would look like Godzilla in this league. Forget the CL. You guys have it backwards.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Players with skill always retain it. Del Piero, Zidane, Raul,Toni,Etoo,Drogba et al...will always have the moves and plays in their heads, even when having 60 years old and being crippled. As long as their body goes on par with their judgement, we are good to go.

Also we need to remember something very important. Drogba has an athletic frame by nature. UNlike players like Cassano and Pepe who are not born athletes, players like Drogba have it easy to keep the good form. Take that into account.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Players with skill always retain it. Del Piero, Zidane, Raul,Toni,Etoo,Drogba et al...will always have the moves and plays in their heads, even when having 60 years old and being crippled. As long as their body goes on par with their judgement, we are good to go.

Also we need to remember something very important. Drogba has an athletic frame by nature. UNlike players like Cassano and Pepe who are not born athletes, players like Drogba have it easy to keep the good form. Take that into account.
You must be mistaken, football is a young mans game you see. And historically, older players have always struggled to cope with the extreme intensity and pace of Italian football.

Which is why instead of paying Drogba 3.5M we should put all of our efforts into signing Alberto Paloschi as he'd only cost a few million Euros and he's 12 years younger which means he's a hell of a lot better.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
You must be mistaken, football is a young mans game you see. And historically, older players have always struggled to cope with the extreme intensity and pace of Italian football.

Which is why instead of paying Drogba 3.5M we should put all of our efforts into signing Alberto Paloschi as he'd only cost a few million Euros and he's 12 years younger which means he's a hell of a lot better.
Lol, name me 10 great 36y old footballers currently playing, exclude gk.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

I think you are underestimating him. Also remember he will most likelynot play full games.

Is not that totally excited about this transfer, but i see some sense in it. At the very least, for the old geezers, I believe in this man the most.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Lol, name me 10 great 36y old footballers currently playing, exclude gk.

Name me 10 world class footballers who are 6 foot 5 or taller.

No?

Must mean Ibrahimovic is actually shit.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you are underestimating him. Also remember he will most likelynot play full games.

Is not that totally excited about this transfer, but i see some sense in it. At the very least, for the old geezers, I believe in this man the most.
I'm joking lol I am fine with Drogbas move. But people here are overreacting just because he's old. My point is, age doesn't matter in the short term. If a 20 year old striker scores 5 goals a season why is he better than a 40 year old who scores 10?

Drogba is an ideal short term option to have on the bench.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
True, but as a backup to have someone like Drogba would just be great, especially if that means we'd get rid of Quag and Vucinic, then we'd even gain salary.
Good point. If he stays healthy, he can rock in Serie A.
Indeed, and then a fit Llorente/Tevez for CL
Juventino[RUS];4555155 said:
It proves nothing, both were target mans in their teams while in Juve Drogba will not have the same role
Depends on which tactics Conte is going to use, int he current 3-5-2 he'd indeed not be used to his strenghts, but getting him can also be a step toward a change in tactics.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Yet again, we seem to be more busy focusing on our bench instead of improving our starters. Getting Drogba would have been immense if it was 5 years ago. I'm a big fan of him, but this is not the right move for us.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Yet again, we seem to be more busy focusing on our bench instead of improving our starters. Getting Drogba would have been immense if it was 5 years ago. I'm a big fan of him, but this is not the right move for us.
I agree we need starters, but if we sell Quag and Vucinic, we need a replacement, and since Drogba is available on a free transfer, this needs to done ASAP if we want him.
But then we must be certain to get rid of the two mentioned above.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #240
    It's not our main transfer move. We're just getting a bench option cause we're losing Mirko and Quag (and potentially Osvaldo as well).

It's not like we're gonna sign him and close the mercato.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)