Didier Drogba - ST - Galatasaray (54 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Yeah drogba isn't capable of performing in important matches... like scoring in the 88 minute in the CL final, and the winning penalty that same final... nah... he just scores against small teams...

I love Quag... but the jacketwhisperer will leave this summer and we need to replace him...

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
How is this about Quag? If anything, Drogba would be coming here to replace Osvaldo as our third choice striker behind the front two. Since Quag, Vucinic and Gio to a lesser extent, barely play anyway.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
So we are getting a player currently on 4m a season for free? Massive wages are not free!
Massive wages, no resale value doesnt look very smart financially. We really should have room for younger talent with potential to fill some of these places.

There's no striker out there that's better/more proven than Drogba that would be

A) Available for a few million euros
B) Willing to ride the bench often
C) Accepting of a low wage I.E 1.5/2M season

So even if Drogba gets the full 4M/season, in the long run that's all he costs.

0 transfer fee
4M season

Or we buy some half decent 25 year old striker for;

6M + 3M a season

So in the first season that's more than Double what we'd pay for Drogba, just to get some average striker who happens to be younger.

As for resale value, we can barely move average strikers on anyway and we'll end up keeping them on the books a year or two after we decide we don't want them. So I don't care about resale value so much.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
He 'just' doesnt cost 4m a season.Thats the net figure.He'd cost 8m gross and that money could easily be invested elsewhere.
Take Morata for example who'd come on 2m wages or even less than that, to top it off it would be on a loan deal and we would be end up saving money for all those who are craving for money invested in a top winger.
I have had it enough with ppl saying he'll bring experience to the team.We certainly dont need him for Serie a as explained before.Rather give that chance to Morata who'll be looking to prove himself and give ab upstart to his career than to a worn out demotivated Drogba.I mean this guy looks so weak physically now and i wont be surprised if he gets as much game time as Anelka if we boughr him.
Plus im sure as hell,he wont start in any cl impt cl game so i think ppl here are caught up in nostalgia.
Dominating Juventus on a pitch not suitable for football mainly through hoofing doesnt mean he'd be a great pickup for us.Just watch him vs Chelsea and u'll see how worn out he was.He could barely even run and u want us to offer him a 4m wage !?
Hope Conte blocks this move :xfinger:

- - - Updated - - -

How is this about Quag? If anything, Drogba would be coming here to replace Osvaldo as our third choice striker behind the front two. Since Quag, Vucinic and Gio to a lesser extent, barely play anyway.
That would be disgusting.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I approve of the Morata transfer as I said in his thread. But people are obsessed with 'cheaper' alternatives purely so we can save money. Let's pick up some young kid from Serie C2 for 0.2M and give him 0.3M/season wages because he'd be cheaper right?

On one hand people laugh at Beppe for picking up cheap players. Then people laugh because we're giving a player a good wage. Make up your mind, you either want him to spend money or pick up unknown freebies. You can't moan at him for doing both

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Well if we're loaning Morata i'd imagine we'll take him anyway

Assuming Vucinic and Quags goes, plus Giovinco might be sold (Unlikely but far from unthinkable) or we don't redeem Osvaldo (Quite likely) then we're 3 strikers down

We don't need 3 replacements, but we certainly need 2.

- - - Updated - - -

3M a season max IMO... more than that and he can go somewhere else
3M with performance related bonuses sounds good to me.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
@Pirlo's Beard,What are you trying to say ? Who is obsessed with saving money wtf? Dont pull this dumb sarcasm on me.What i said regarding Morata is a legitimate claim.Not only we'll be getting a young hungry striker in him but the fact that he'll come on low wages further supports the cause,its like an added bonus.No one is looking to save money.Its only you and some others who are stuck in the notion that getting Drogba on a free means money will be left to buy a top winger and i was referring to that.

And who's laughing at Beppe picking up cheap players? Man i've no idea what u're on about.Or you want to argue just for the sake of it,idk.
But i let my point known anyway.No use repeating it a 100 times.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
All this shit about him being provincial is everywhere don't pretend it's not. You moan about it whenever we're linked with a cheap player but now you're moaning because we're offering Drogba a decent contract. If we think we can afford to pay Drogba a few million euros then so fucking be it.

If we can loan Morata for free then so be it. But I find it highly unlikely Madrid would want to loan a player to us for free considering he's on his last year of his contract. Apart from that, Drogba for 3M euros/season is fucking 100% ok with me

You're criticising Drogba, what the fuck did our strikers do in Europe? 6 CL games and god knows how many EL games combined and our two starting strikers got 3 goals between them but yeah Drogba is shit and he can barely run. :lol: :lol: pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)