Didier Drogba - ST - Galatasaray (35 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Were any MLS sides interested in Drogba?

Cool little nostalgic move in the short run, but will most likely be another Anelka situation.

We need to find players who can serve the club well for YEARS.

Mar 30, 2006
Were any MLS sides interested in Drogba?

Cool little nostalgic move in the short run, but will most likely be another Anelka situation.

We need to find players who can serve the club well for YEARS.
I don't think he will be like anelka at all. If anything we should have sign drogba in the first place. Drogba is still drogba, as we found out the hard way in the cl.

Drogba will also be very useful if we do in fact plan to use wingers. Llorente and Drogba would flourish.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Google "SBA" and you will find an image of this man stripped, clad in only an over burdened codpiece made from hide of an african lion. A warrior of the bloodline of Sundiata Keita, Shaka Zulu and Kunta Kinte.

Didier "Le Grand Papa Noir" Drogba pimps Serie A like a philadelphian prostitute, and would still induce uncontrolled urethral sphincter spasms in opposition defenders in Europe. I'd have this stud for FREE as a 3rd/4th choice than the usual limp Italians we get linked with i.e Gilardino, Pazzini et al. A skilled big black man with big game balls, whats not to like?
:delpiero:

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
People need to get it into their thick skull that we have a very limited budged. By filling in secondary places with these free players, we save cash for the transfers that matter
So we are getting a player currently on 4m a season for free? Massive wages are not free!
Massive wages, no resale value doesnt look very smart financially. We really should have room for younger talent with potential to fill some of these places.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #129
    Ergun: I talked a lot with Drogba over the past few days, his family will be decisive when it comes to his move. Juventus is a possibility.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
    So we are getting a player currently on 4m a season for free? Massive wages are not free!
    Massive wages, no resale value doesnt look very smart financially. We really should have room for younger talent with potential to fill some of these places.
    He could go for 3M a season.. where Quag is on 2M a season (or something?) and when we sell Quag and replace him with Drogba we not only make profit, but we replace one with a better player (i rate Quag, but Drogba is better.. even at this age)

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
    He could go for 3M a season.. where Quag is on 2M a season (or something?) and when we sell Quag and replace him with Drogba we not only make profit, but we replace one with a better player (i rate Quag, but Drogba is better.. even at this age)
    He isnt really better though

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #132
    According to Fanatik (Turkish source) they say we have reached an agreement with Drogba and he should sign before the WC.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
    Mar 29, 2009
    He isnt really better though
    As much as I appreciate Quags contributions of the past few years, Drogba (peace be upon him) evacuates more footballing ability during his routine morning sessions on the squat toilet than Quag posseses in his entire bloodline.

Obviously were not starting him game in game out over the course of a season, but like some poster said earlier, plug this guy in (even at an advanced age) during the last 15 minutes of a big game and he's guarandamnteed to make something happen.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
    As much as I appreciate Quags contributions of the past few years, Drogba (peace be uopn him) evacuates more footballing ability during his routine morning sessions on the squat toilet than Quag posseses in his entire bloodline.

Obviously were not starting him game in game out over the course of a season, but like some poster said earlier, plug this guy in (even at an advanced age) during the last 15 minutes of a big game and he's guarandamnteed to make something.
    You are not seeing straight

Nov 17, 2012
    Yeah no he isn't.... Quag made less than 1000 minutes this season despite the fact that he could prove himself every single day in training... Drogba is on a 3000 minute season despite an injury at the end of that season
    Yet when called upon in the last two seasons, he managed to score in pretty much every crucial game despite being purposefully deprived game time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)