did del piero ACTUALLY fill baggio's shoes? (At Juve) (2 Viewers)

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #221
    Baggio outshone the others by miles when he was at Juventus.
    True we had Vialli and Co,but exactly how many of them ever managed to outshine Baggio?
    Vialli never had his peak at Juventus.His best years were probably at Sampdoria and the same goes for the others.
    During Del piero's peak years,you had other players who were in the best form of their lives like zidane,inzaghi,davids etc.

Baggio was the king at his time.the team revolved around him.without him we would've been crap even though we had other good players.

Had Del Piero not been with us during his peak,there were other players around who could take charge.That is evident from the fact that we have played well even when Del piero was out of form.

Baggio turned a good team into a brilliant one.
    Del Piero turned a great team into a brilliant one.

Baggio was the soul of the team.We wouldnt have been half as good had he not been playing during his time with us.

baggio not playing for us in his time at juventus would have been a bigger blow for us than del piero not playing for us in his time at juventus.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
    True we had Vialli and Co,but exactly how many of them ever managed to outshine Baggio?
    Vialli never had his peak at Juventus.His best years were probably at Sampdoria and the same goes for the others.
    During Del piero's peak years,you had other players who were in the best form of their lives like zidane,inzaghi,davids etc.

Baggio was the king at his time.the team revolved around him.without him we would've been crap even though we had other good players.

Had Del Piero not been with us during his peak,there were other players around who could take charge.That is evident from the fact that we have played well even when Del piero was out of form.

Baggio was the soul of the team.We wouldnt have been half as good had he not been playing during his time with us.

baggio not playing for us in his time at juventus would have been a bigger blow for us than del piero not playing for us in his time at juventus.
    Can´t we settle the score by summering this thread?

did del piero ACTUALLY fill baggio's shoes?
    Yes.
    In the meaning of Idolisation and on the pitch, yes!

Other questions here at this thread:

Witch is the Better player?
    Impossible to answer.
    Some regards DP as the greater and some Baggio. It´s just a matter of opinion.

Who is the Bigger Icon?
    As far as for Juve- Surely Del Piero
    As far as for the NT- Surely Baggio.

Are you all satisfied now?

Codino

The Rival
    Jul 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++

Can´t we settle the score by summering this thread?

did del piero ACTUALLY fill baggio's shoes?
    Yes.
    In the meaning of Idolisation and on the pitch, yes!

Other questions here at this thread:

Witch is the Better player?
    Impossible to answer.
    Some regards DP as the greater and some Baggio. It´s just a matter of opinion.

Who is the Bigger Icon?
    As far as for Juve- Surely Del Piero
    As far as for the NT- Surely Baggio.

Are you all satisfied now?
    not really :D

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #224
    not that im bashing del piero,but in terms of individual ability,but Baggio was much better than Del Piero.This is like comparing Pele and Ronaldo.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    not that im bashing del piero,but in terms of individual ability,but Baggio was much better than Del Piero.This is like comparing Pele and Ronaldo.
    I though I ended this thread 2 minutes ago???
    :D

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++
    u have ur say. i have mine.
    he was clearly the best in the team.
    a baggio worshipper? no thanks. i love football.
    so just because the guy was one of the greatest footballers ever, and i liked him, when i talk good about him, its considered 'crap'?
    Dont confuse your own worlds.
    Youre not talking good about him...

You said that Vialli, DP, Deschamps and company were of no significance for the team....

You said that that Juve was a "one man team"....

And for me, thats a very uninformed opinion.

Alessandro, do you saw that Juve ?? How old you was at that time ???

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004

Im a profound admirer of Robbie Baggio.

But your post is just Bullshit. It is obvious that you are talking non-sense, just read yourself :

"True we had Vialli and Co,but exactly how many of them ever managed to outshine Baggio?"

"without him we would've been crap even though we had other good players".

I prefer not to comment on this quotes. They speak by themselves.

Did you saw that Juve play ?? I really dont think so....

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #230
    my post is bullshit because you fail to notice the effect baggio on the team.you're one of those hard core del piero fans i believe.

everyone is well aware of the fact that without baggio in the team during the time,we would have been very average.
    however a team without del piero in would still be good.
    and this is something that you obviously have different ideas on.

i maintain what i said :
    a baggio-less juventus would have been far more poorer than a del piero-less juventus.and this isnt due to their individual skills,it is due to the players both of them had around them in their respective eras.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    Youre not get it.
    I prefer Baggio over Delpiero a million times. In fact, Baggio is my favorite player ever.

But you futile speculations about Baggio being one man`s band in the Juventus 90-94 only can be said for someone that didnt follow Juve at that time.....

"everyone is well aware of the fact that without baggio in the team during the time,we would have been very average. "

I repeat...do you was following Juve in those years ??????

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
    Just because Baggio was the heart of our team, doesn´t give us the right to diss some other players. Deschamps, Viali,etc were all great players we should be thankful to. I DON¨T think we would´ve sucked without baggio and that´s something we´ll never know,.

Codino

The Rival
    Jul 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
    Dont confuse your own worlds.
    Youre not talking good about him...

You said that Vialli, DP, Deschamps and company were of no significance for the team....

You said that that Juve was a "one man team"....

And for me, thats a very uninformed opinion.

Alessandro, do you saw that Juve ?? How old you was at that time ???
    if u read the previous pages iv already said my bit on this issue.
    and i dont think it was biased at all. as im a milan fan!
    now my comments are just spare of the moment. saying its a one man team is just a quick reply to show whos side im on.

yep i did watch that juve, i was young so i gather from what i remember. and over the years i study my football as its the only thing i like haha.

and yes they werent of significance to him as they werent even in his time. casiraghi, marocchi, di canio, corini, hassler, schillacci, muller, platt are names off the top of my head that were in the baggio era.

vialli was there for a few years but delpiero wasnt a first teamer until baggio left.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++

and i dont think it was biased at all. as im a milan fan!
    now my comments are just spare of the moment. saying its a one man team is just a quick reply to show whos side im on.
    Youre comments are just a quick reply to show who`s side your on ?? but youre not biased as you are a Milan fan ????

Thank for clearing us your own concept of objectivity. That will do..;)

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002

And do you know why Baggio outshone his teammates? Well its because Trapatoni built his team around his talents, everything at the time was geared towards making Baggio most effective. The likes of Vialli were played outta position to make Baggio shine. At one time , Vialli actually played in midfield.
    Now you know Trapatoni, same he did for Totti, its all well and good for the individual, but it did not help the team
    Lippi came and decided , team will take precedence over individual talents, though he did favour his pet pupil, Del Piero
    Now which of these 2 coaches was the more succesfull in this period? I will let you decide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)