did del piero ACTUALLY fill baggio's shoes? (At Juve) (36 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
ARE you asking when Owen won European footballer of the year?
yes , you said he took the European footballer of the year , and i know he did not , neither dp did at his peak with juve because he DID NOT EVER REACH BAGGIO OR PLATINI LEVEL:(

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #182
    owen won the european player of the year award in 2001 if im not wrong.it was the same year when totti made a joke out of defences in the serie A.totti and owen were the strongest candidates for the award,and owen won it.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

yes , you said he took the European footballer of the year , and i know he did not , neither dp did at his peak with juve because he DID NOT EVER REACH BAGGIO OR PLATINI LEVEL:(
    You know he did not? And because Dp never won the European footballer of the year at his peak with Juve unlike Baggio and Platini then he is somewhat less and did not fill their boots as a Juve legend? This means that Nedved filled their boots
    Did it ever occur to you that competition Baggio and Platini faced were inferior when they won it?Maldini and Baresi never won Euro's elite award, so does this make them inferior to Guillit and Sheva?Dalglish never won it at Liverpool but Owen did, so does that make Owen a bigger legend at Liverpool?Raul has never won it but Ronaldo and Zidane have? Does that make them bigger legends as real players?You never know what you are talking about and for you not to know that Owen won the European footballer of the year at the time he did which is not too long ago , then how can you possibly know anything about Baggio's and Platini's eras at Juve

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    No he didn't he was just making a statement, how was he to know , it will coincide with your moniker? And besides he said Dp 4 life and yours is Delpieroforlife, slight difference do you not think?
    I cannot believe i am posting this

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Raul has never won it but Ronaldo and Zidane have? Does that make them bigger legends as real players?
    Good point, Raul is a bigger legend in Real even though Ronaldo is a much better player, he outscores him every season and yet the fans love Raul more. It is only because he is a product of Real and Ronaldo isnt.

Same thing can be said about Zlatan and Del Piero.

Dec 26, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++

Good point, Raul is a bigger legend in Real even though Ronaldo is a much better player, he outscores him every season and yet the fans love Raul more. It is only because he is a product of Real and Ronaldo isnt.

Same thing can be said about Zlatan and Del Piero.
    Same thing can be said about Zidane and Del Piero.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    I’ll be back, says Baggio Thursday 15 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The legendary Roberto Baggio says he’s ready to return to the game by commencing a coaching career.

The former Golden Ball winner has been away from the sport since retiring as a player in the summer of 2004.

But after taking some time out, Baggio has sensationally revealed that he is preparing to enter the football world yet again.

"I am currently out of the game because that is a choice that I made myself," he said during a tour of Japan.

"But I can not exclude the possibility of a return at some point in the future. I already have some offers that I am considering.

"When the right time comes I will make what I believe is the right decision."

Baggio was a symbol of Italian football in the 1990s and became recognised as one of the world’s best during spells at Juventus, Milan and Inter.

The No 10, who appeared in the 1990, 1994 and 1998 World Cup Finals, had previously hinted that he would only come back to the calcio world as a club director.

But the Buddhist has hinted on Thursday that he is prepared to take charge of a team from the sidelines.

"Marco Van Basten started his career by immediately sitting on the Holland bench," he explained.

"The situation in Italy is different though and I think you need to embark on a gradual process, starting with a club side."

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
    I've never taken those awards with any degree of seriousness. It goes to a popular player, not a great player. Stanley Mathews won the first ever one. I think he was in his mid forties at the time. Sure, he'd have earned it in his youth, but he wasn't playing top flight football any more at the time. It'd be like voting for a retired player.

Speaking of which, the World Footballer of the Year (who often finishes third in the European award) is voted for by international coaches. Sounds sensible, right? Not every national team coach is a big-nam manager though. Some of them are former goat-herders who know the "democratically elected president" of whereever. In 1998, there was a (not shockingly) solitary vote for one Marco Van Basten. I'm sure he stirred from his lounger in Holland just long enough to laugh derisively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)