did del piero ACTUALLY fill baggio's shoes? (At Juve) (1 Viewer)

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
Is like compare Pele to Maradona, who's better?? but Baggio is definitely the best, most charimastic player ever produced from Italia, one of the few players that totally deserved a world cup medal on his neck, alongside Best, Cruff, Platini..

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
well i remember in the gazetta and they said maradona wasnt even this good at del pieros age, he is the true king of turin, or something like that

Camoranesi16

Jul 23, 2005
delp_07. claiming that Del Piero is a bigger football player then Maradona would realy be the Del Piero-fans last lame atempt to keep the "Del Piero flame" burning... haha...

Gazzetta does everything to get their magazine sold ;)....

I remeember a swedish magazine claiming that Zlatan was better then Maradona because he did morte goals then maradona in his first season...:thumb:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++

so easy that he wasnt even in the top 10. :groan:
now if this was his best year. and was the highest he could get...

1. Zidane 244
2. Suker 68
3. Ronaldo 66
4. Owen 51
5. Rivaldo 45
6. Batistuta 43
7.Thuram 36
8. Davids/Bergkamp 28
10.Desailly 19
11. F.de Boer 17
12. Petit 16
13. Roberto Carlos 13
14. Blanc/Barthez 11
16.<B>Del Piero/<b>Mijatovic 10
That's the wrong year, idiot. Zidane didn't win the Golden Ball in 98, Ronaldo did. Roberto Carlos came 2nd and Del Piero 3rd. Get your info right next time..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think most of us agree that Del Piero charmed us and made us all want him ahead of Baggio. He sure was spectacular and full of magic durng his first days. But what happened later? Injuries are part of the game and they do decrease one's confidence. And a manger constantly insisting on a player does not seem to boost confidence rather than getting spoiled.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
For those who say dp is better ,tell me what is the one thing that makes dp better?

did he scored more goals answer is NO
did he win the golden ball answer is NO
is his form make him a starter in Juve and NT answer is NO

enough is said

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
For those who say dp is better ,tell me what is the one thing that makes dp better?

did he scored more goals answer is NO
did he win the golden ball answer is NO
is his form make him a starter in Juve and NT answer is NO

enough is said
:rofl: You are so damn stupid. What the fvck does any of that have to do with anything? For the last f-ing time we're not talking about who was the better player between Baggio and Del Piero, we're discussing whether DP filled Baggio's shoes at the club and the answer is obviously yes. For your information Del Piero has scored more goals than Baggio at Juventus. No he did not win the Golden Ball but that trophy is based on players' performances over ONE year. What DP has done with Juve over the 12-13 years he's been here definitely match what Baggio did. But again you are apparently too stupid to understand anything. The fact that DP isn't a starter at Juve or in the NT now has NOTHING to do with what we're talking about. We're talking about what DP has done throughout his Juventus career so the fact that he isn't a starter now doesn't mean shit. Baggio was more important for the Azzurri, everyone knows that, but that's not what we're talking about yet you feel it necessary to bring that up in all of your arguments.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

:rofl: You are so damn stupid. What the fvck does any of that have to do with anything? For the last f-ing time we're not talking about who was the better player between Baggio and Del Piero, we're discussing whether DP filled Baggio's shoes at the club and the answer is obviously yes. For your information Del Piero has scored more goals than Baggio at Juventus. No he did not win the Golden Ball but that trophy is based on players' performances over ONE year. What DP has done with Juve over the 12-13 years he's been here definitely match what Baggio did. But again you are apparently too stupid to understand anything. The fact that DP isn't a starter at Juve or in the NT now has NOTHING to do with what we're talking about. We're talking about what DP has done throughout his Juventus career so the fact that he isn't a starter now doesn't mean shit. Baggio was more important for the Azzurri, everyone knows that, but that's not what we're talking about yet you feel it necessary to bring that up in all of your arguments.
what a stupid reply , i dont care about did he fill one or two shoes , the thread moved to compare between the two , and i am really amazed that you see dp better based on no real ground other that you are stupid

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

what a stupid reply , i dont care about did he fill one or two shoes , the thread moved to compare between the two , and i am really amazed that you see dp better based on no real ground other that you are stupid
The title of the thread reads: did del piero ACTUALLY fill baggio's shoes? (At Juve). What is your answer to that? I did not say that DP was a better player than Baggio and I will never say that. In this same thread I admitted that Roby was the superior player but Alex did more for Juventus.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

The title of the thread reads: did del piero ACTUALLY fill baggio's shoes? (At Juve). What is your answer to that? I did not say that DP was a better player than Baggio and I will never say that. In this same thread I admitted that Roby was the superior player but Alex did more for Juventus .
can you explain , what do you mean that baggio was the superior player but Alex did more for Juventus?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I think that this discussion is divided into those who have watched and remember Baggio and those who came after.

Baggio leading Juve to all those second places with such a terrible team we had in the early 90s and against the unbeatable Milan side was something great as he had the whole team on his shoulders. When I think about the Juve team of the early 90s only Baggio really sticks out. When you think about Juve of the latter 90s and early 2000 you think about DP and Zidane and Buffon and Nedved, etc.

So yes DP did have his fair share but it wasn't just him.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
I think that this discussion is divided into those who have watched and remember Baggio and those who came after.

Baggio leading Juve to all those second places with such a terrible team we had in the early 90s and against the unbeatable Milan side was something great as he had the whole team on his shoulders. When I think about the Juve team of the early 90s only Baggio really sticks out. When you think about Juve of the latter 90s and early 2000 you think about DP and Zidane and Buffon and Nedved, etc.

So yes DP did have his fair share but it wasn't just him.
Agreed Zizou , this is the difference , baggio was the key player while dp was one of the players who contributed to juve success

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Baggio played for a number of clubs and was the hero for the NT. Overall he was the better player but that has a lot to do with what he did for Italy. Roby was excellent for Juventus as well but his legacy is based on more than just Juve. Del Piero did more for Juventus as he won more trophies here, he scored more goals here, and he pretty much led this team throughout his career. When he wasn't leading Juve on the pitch he was leading as a symbol off the pitch. That's why I say that Baggio was a better player on the whole but Del Piero had the more successful Juve career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)