Di Vaio! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Di Vaio staying at Juve
Posted by Nina | Football Italia

Marco Di Vaio has looked to end speculation regarding his future by committing himself to Juventus.

"I want to stay at Juve for sure," said the striker. "I know that there is stiff competition for a first team place but it is up to me to prove my worth.

"I think I will remain in Turin and if that happens then I’m confident that next season will be the year of my consecration."

There was talk that the striker could be sold by the giants after a difficult first season at the Delle Alpi.

Di Vaio arrived last summer after his £16m switch from Parma but has had a mediocre campaign.

He did start the season relatively well as he stood in for the injured David Trezeguet but then struggled to find the target regularly, even if he ended the term with seven League goals.

There was speculation that Di Vaio could be offered to former club Lazio as part of a deal that would see either Jaap Stam or Dejan Stankovic move to the Italian champions.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I don't know if he shall ever recapture the Parma form, but if he does it would be good for juve. Still I won'thold my breath.

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Di Vaio staying at Juve
Posted by Nina | Football Italia

Marco Di Vaio has looked to end speculation regarding his future by committing himself to Juventus.

"I want to stay at Juve for sure," said the striker. "I know that there is stiff competition for a first team place but it is up to me to prove my worth.

"I think I will remain in Turin and if that happens then I’m confident that next season will be the year of my consecration."

There was talk that the striker could be sold by the giants after a difficult first season at the Delle Alpi.

Di Vaio arrived last summer after his £16m switch from Parma but has had a mediocre campaign.

He did start the season relatively well as he stood in for the injured David Trezeguet but then struggled to find the target regularly, even if he ended the term with seven League goals.

There was speculation that Di Vaio could be offered to former club Lazio as part of a deal that would see either Jaap Stam or Dejan Stankovic move to the Italian champions.
I was happy to read it!:cheesy: :angel:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I remember last season when i was seeing his games at parma. He was very good, and when juve decided to make the deal,, i was so so happy!!.

Ok,, he had some horrid performances, but at the end showed his true self. Well at least a little of his former self.

But, People, i think that this guy is like a "Nitrogliserine", just shake it a little and in any moment he will EXPLODE!!! like a bomb!

keep the faith, he deserve at least one more chance!! $

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Jajaja,

It is because i got a new "toy" to make animated avatars, and i have only for 13 days, so im doing avatars like craxy, before it expires.

Anyway, i have the other vatar that i make yesterday archived. He will be again here in some time. :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeah, sadly,, his performances declined after that horrible accident in the newcastle´s game at delle alpi.

Jejej is not a good xcuse,, but i think that this hit affected him

Just my theory

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think everyone here thinks he deserves it, but since i didn't read much further in the "we have to pay 14m more for DV" thread, i dunno what's going on. I think he deserves another chance, but if we have to pay for him again...we can do better.

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
how did thuram play in his first season at juve? - horrible
who wanted that he should leave juve? - almost everybody in here (plz don't deny it... - i can still remember that everybody prayed manu would prefer him to rio ferdinand...)
who's this year in the top XI of the cl? - thuram....

it often takes a lot of time until a player fits in.. the same goes for di vaio... we should definitely give him a chance...
it was especially difficult for him, because he was pressed into the role of the injured trez... but he's not the kind of forward that trez is... trez is a goal-getter, but di vaio a dribbler... at parma he hardly scored with his head, but if i remember correctly his first goal (in cl) was a header, what was quit unusual for him.....

FORZA DI VAIO

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by maxmc ] ++
who wanted that he should leave juve? - almost everybody in here (plz don't deny it... - i can still remember that everybody prayed manu would prefer him to rio ferdinand...)

it often takes a lot of time until a player fits in.. the same goes for di vaio... we should definitely give him a chance...
it was especially difficult for him, because he was pressed into the role of the injured trez... but he's not the kind of forward that trez is... trez is a goal-getter, but di vaio a dribbler... at parma he hardly scored with his head, but if i remember correctly his first goal (in cl) was a header, what was quit unusual for him.....

FORZA DI VAIO
Really everyone here was willing to sell thuram??
I was not here in those days.
hey guys wassup?, he is a star proved.

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by maxmc ] ++

FORZA DI VAIO
...i'm respect thuram since his first season in juve.....never want him to be sold to man u....

i'm not that "everybody".....

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
The difference between Thuram and Di Vaio is that the former enjoyed many good seasons. Thuram prior to last year, never had a bad season in Italia. Di Vaio, in contrast, had one terrific year, and half very good year. So it is unclear whether his last season with Parma is "freak" season or not. To me, it seems more likely last year was more like a norm for Di Vaio than below "average". And to think, that he cost us more than Nesta, Mutu, Canna, he gives me fits whenever he misses one of those sitters; the one against Barca was unforgivable.
Beside, Di Vaio have never been a good finisher. Di Vaio is good, honest, decent footballer, and personally I wouldn't mind him on the bench, but the fact is role player doesn't cost 16m, and I give credit to Arrigo Sacchi for practically stealing 16m in depressed transfer market from us.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
The difference between Thuram and Di Vaio is that the former enjoyed many good seasons. Thuram prior to last year, never had a bad season in Italia. Di Vaio, in contrast, had one terrific year, and half very good year. So it is unclear whether his last season with Parma is "freak" season or not. To me, it seems more likely last year was more like a norm for Di Vaio than below "average". And to think, that he cost us more than Nesta, Mutu, Canna, he gives me fits whenever he misses one of those sitters; the one against Barca was unforgivable.
Beside, Di Vaio have never been a good finisher. Di Vaio is good, honest, decent footballer, and personally I wouldn't mind him on the bench, but the fact is role player doesn't cost 16m, and I give credit to Arrigo Sacchi for practically stealing 16m in depressed transfer market from us.
well said :thumb:....but DV still has room for improvement.

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

Really everyone here was willing to sell thuram??
I was not here in those days.
hey guys wassup?, he is a star proved.
Not everyone Hydde! I want him to stay! Moggi would be crazy to sell him!:fool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)