Di Vaio going Nowhere (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Actually, IIRC he was bought as a sub for Salas. We needed a new striker as we only had Del Piero, Trezeguet and Zalayeta then, Salas was out injured.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
Stop it, dont forget what Di Vaio is capable of doing, he is happy to be a sub, what more can we wish!.
For Juve to get a lot more out of their 21 million than they've received so far out of Di Vaio, than to just have a player who is "happy to be a sub"

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Di Vaio was great all year long. He was brought as a sub, and scored 20 till 30 goals so far. What you want more??? I like him, and he is always ready, if you need him. Marco isn't the one to blame for this season, and I think he deserved his place at Euro 2004. Even if I know that he is not so famous here, I am proud that he stays for some more seasons

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
whats the problem with you ALL , if he accepts to stay on the bench and if he is always ready to enter.. then WHY NOT... Damn !! You always have somethin to argue about !

Mar 14, 2004
Dont forgett that he was Parma hitman like Gila this year. Both have scored over 20 for Parma in one season and been linked with Juve in that season. Theres the big chance both of them will play for Juve in their careers. There is also a big chance that their buyout transfer fee will be over 20mil. Euros.........

too many similiarities for my taste.....

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Except, Barkuss, that Di Vaio wasn't 21 years old when Juve bought him, and he wouldn't be coming over for 21 million Euros either.

Unless the directors at Parma are on crack.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
whats the problem with you ALL , if he accepts to stay on the bench and if he is always ready to enter.. then WHY NOT... Damn !! You always have somethin to argue about !
Its just that you don't spend that much money on a substitute.

21 million euros is starters money.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Di Vaio was great all year long. He was brought as a sub, and scored 20 till 30 goals so far. What you want more??? I like him, and he is always ready, if you need him. Marco isn't the one to blame for this season, and I think he deserved his place at Euro 2004. Even if I know that he is not so famous here, I am proud that he stays for some more seasons
He scored 14 goals last season, and 11 goals this season... thats 25 goals in 2 seasons, hardly worthy of his 21 mil e price tag.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
channel4

New deal for Di Vaio
Thursday 27 May, 2004

Marco Di Vaio won’t be leaving Juventus as he actually expects to have his contract renewed this summer.

The former Parma man has been linked with an exit after failing to break into the Bianconeri first team.

However, the Italian international maintains that his immediate future will be with the Old Lady.

"Juventus have promised me that we will extend my agreement after the European Championships," he said.

"My current contract runs up until the summer of 2008 but I’m ready to put pen to paper yet again."

Di Vaio, who is part of the Azzurri’s Euro 2004 squad, has been linked with a move to Inter or Roma.

"If the club decided to sell me then they would have to sit me down to talk about it," continued the 27-year-old.

"For someone who plays for Juventus there aren’t too many options to stay in Italy. In fact there are only two, Milan and Inter."

so who else signed a new contract ? buffon was it ? or Del Piero ?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Moments of brilliance :angel: interspersed with moments of sheer frustration :wallbang:

That pretty much sums up my experiences watching Di Vaio in Juve stripes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)