Di Vaio at is best in Valencia (1 Viewer)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++
Strikers in La Liga

- Ronaldinho
- Larsson
- Raul
- Ronaldo
- Morientes
- Tristian
- Owen
- E'too
- Luque
- Torres
- Di Viao
- Corradi
- Mista

And much more. You can't say they're not good players. In fact, all of them have played for their national teams :eek:
i wouldnt call Ronaldinho and Luque "strikers".
as for Raul,last season he got less than 10 goals IIRC in the La Liga,the same for Tristan.as for Owen he is the most overrated striker ever,Corraddi doesnt even get much first team football anyways,same with Morientes.
although i do agree with Ronaldo,Larsson,Torres and Mista.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

You think Own and Raul will do better than Di Vaio?

With the game Madrid is playing now- I doubt that :D
no of course i dont.i'm sure Di Vaio will do better than them.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++
Di Vaio, a very hated player in Juve, is becoming a scoring machine in Valencia. I am very happen for Di Vaio. I always liked him but he couldn't make it in Juve. I am not sure if it was Di Vaio's fault, I think it was more Juve's fault. He did play at his best position. And everybody regarded him as player behind DP. You could see this; when DP was Injured DV started to score more goals and played very well.

I think there is something with DP. Miccoli left upset, Di Vaio was mad. I think this is because we pay too much attention on DP, and forget the rest.
Thank You...

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
lippi is not to shoulder the most part of the blame,but di vaio himself.he cannot shift the blame onto someone else because he failed to make the grade with his performances,nobody can change that.he cost us a place in the CL quarterfinals last year when he missed two glorious chances.

loads of players can play well consistently off the bench,if he cannot then i see no point in him moaning of our favouritism because if we kept him and gave up on zlatan it'd be favouritism too,because we all can see for ourselves who is the better player.
I disagree with you Desmond. I know you are a veteran, but I think DiVaio did not have a fair chance at Juventus. I wish him the best, and I hope he will show all its value at Valencia (which BTW is not in the Italian ligue :cheesy:).

He is inconsistent, but who is consistent Del Piero? A few great players are exceptional and consistent (e.g. Nedved). Anyway, the important thing is that if he did not succeed at Juventus he will succeed somewhere else and will not really damage Juventus. I doubt Valencia will meet Juventus and kick her out in CL :D

Di Vaio did not have many chances with Lippi and would not have had with Capello, otherwise he would not have left. He chose to leave. Hopefully this has been for the best of both Juventus and himself.

A big hug and my best wishes to Marco Di Vaio.

xziz :heart:

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
i really wish him bad season with valencia !... it's not hate or sth , but when he wants to act or talk he should do it as real Man !
at least learn english before you talk bullshit about players.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
lippi is not to shoulder the most part of the blame,but di vaio himself.he cannot shift the blame onto someone else because he failed to make the grade with his performances,nobody can change that.he cost us a place in the CL quarterfinals last year when he missed two glorious chances.

loads of players can play well consistently off the bench,if he cannot then i see no point in him moaning of our favouritism because if we kept him and gave up on zlatan it'd be favouritism too,because we all can see for ourselves who is the better player.
In a team, one thing is most important: and that is motivation. There is nothing DV could do on the pitch during his time at Juve that would ensure him a starting role ahead of DP. I still remember the stunner against Milan, if we are to recollect his capabilities. All you need is the right environment that suits you. Unfortunately he was second to Dp, and no matter what he did would change the way Lippi felt about Dp's abilities. As hard as it is to admit, it is true. At Valencia he has found the right environment to grow. Its where the team and coach have enough faith in him to keep him motivated and give him a confidence boost by giving him the starting role. and the results are showing. Had we done the same at Juve, he would've still been a Bianconero.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I think the comparison to Ibrahimovic is very justified. If Zlatan can win a place in the team (for now they're all rotating) and achieve what Di Vaio failed to do, that just proves Z succeeded and DV failed. Of course they're different players, the coach is different etc but you just can't reject that analogy imo.

Ps. Saw Di Vaio's two goals last weekend, great goals both of them. :strong:

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
i wouldnt call Ronaldinho and Luque "strikers".
as for Raul,last season he got less than 10 goals IIRC in the La Liga,the same for Tristan.as for Owen he is the most overrated striker ever,Corraddi doesnt even get much first team football anyways,same with Morientes.
although i do agree with Ronaldo,Larsson,Torres and Mista.
they're strikers on the UCL fantasy league ;)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++

they're strikers on the UCL fantasy league ;)
strange because Depor play with one striker normally(either Tristan or Pandiani)the same goes on with Barca(either Larsson or E'too).

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
I think the comparison to Ibrahimovic is very justified. If Zlatan can win a place in the team (for now they're all rotating) and achieve what Di Vaio failed to do, that just proves Z succeeded and DV failed. Of course they're different players, the coach is different etc but you just can't reject that analogy imo.

Ps. Saw Di Vaio's two goals last weekend, great goals both of them. :strong:
I'm going to have to agree and disagree. The comparison to Zlatan is justifed to an extent. Having said that, we must not forget their respective situations at the club. DV was part of a team where rotation was not as extensive as it is now. DV was not touted as hot property, but a good sub. Zlatan on the other hand as come to the club as the next big thing. With Lippi, Del Piero was almost guaranteed a starting slot, but Capello isnt as sentimental in his choices, and if DV was around right now, he too would've held his own, knowingfully that nobody on the team can take their place for granted as they were doing earlier.

Aug 1, 2003
Di Vaio has a lot of talent, and personally I think it is Lippi's undoing that ruined him at Juve ... It probably destroyed his self esteem. Everytime DP gets injured and when DV plays alongside Trez he would perform well, but when DP returns DV is sent straight to the bench. Nothing DV did even if he was better on form could put him ahead Del Piero, which is unfair IMO. I love Del Piero, he's our captain, but at times Di Vaio earns his place in the team but the spot still goes to Alex.

Sorry. I just wish he had stayed. Of course I'm glad with Zlatan's arrival and everything, but old flames die hard :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)