Deschamps to lead Monaco to Juve Pipeline. (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
After the huge Champions League Quarterfinal defeat over Real Madrid, it is almost certain that Monaco Coach Didier Deschamps will be named the successor to Marcelo Lippi, that is, if Lippi leaves. Deschamps and Moggi both said that they look forward to working with each other in the future. If Deschamps will be named the new Juve coach in the summer, which is likely now, the Frenchman will probably bring at least one talented Monaco player along with him, if not more. The name that has always been mentioned is leftback Patrice Evra, who could really add pace to the back. Other names include defenders Squillaci, Givet, and midfielders Rothen, Plasil, and Bernardi. One surprise is that former Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes, who had a crucial goal today, could be a possible successor to David Trezeguet. Morientes has been in great form, but Valdano does not know if he will return. If Deschamps becomes coach, he might actually lead a pipeline of Monaco players to Juve.

Who do you think should come and why from Monaco, if Deschamps is going to be Juve's coach next stagione.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I would take Rothen (because we dont have any left footed influential player) and MOrientes would be usefull (of course if there is no cavenaghi deal)

Morientes is a proved striker... the only problem he is spanish ( :p )

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    Yea, I don't know if I want to take a chance on a Spanish striker. But Morientes is a proven goal scorer.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I would take Rothen and/or Evra. The reason I'd take Evra is so that we can give Zambro a chance to return to his original role as RM. I think he can work wonders there, because right now he has to concentrate on defence a lot and gets caught out sometimes, whereas if his role is to terrorise the right flank solely in attack, I'm sure he'll be infinitely better than Camo

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    Yeah I guess, but that would mean that the midfield would be like this:

Zambrotta--Tacchinardi--Rothen

---------------Nedved---------------

This will cause holes in the midfield cuz Zambro and Rothen like running up the wings, and with Nedved playing more forward, that would just leave Taccha by himself in midfield against a counter attack. You all know how well he has done this year, sadly to say.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    Maresca should play, but that means that Zambro will have to play at leftback again. That is, if we get Rothen.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    How about: (only for the sake of integrating Evra and Rothen)

----------------Buffon
    -----RB-----CB------CB-----Evra
    -Zambro-Tacchi-Maresca--Rothen
    -----------------Nedved
    ---------Gilardino/Zlatan

or will we be ineffective with a loan striker?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    Look, up above is our new coach for next season, the great, skillful, smart, omnibenevolent, spectacular, fantastic, stupendous, wonderful, brilliant Didier Deschamps! In a years time, we will see Deschamps shaking the hand of Buffon after beating Real in the quarterfinal!

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    The guys with Monaco that are interesting are Squillaci, Evra, Rothen, Giuly and Morientes. Now if we buy Evra, we won't get Parisi. Personnaly I'd buy Parisi only for the free kicks. ;) If we buy Squillaci, no Mexès. If we buy Rothen, we already have Kapo right? So forget Jankulovski too. If we buy Giuly, bye bye Camoranesi and if we buy Morientes that means ciao Trez or Di Vaio.

In conclusion:

Deschamps for Lippi
    Giuly for Camoranesi
    Ibrahimovic for Trezeguet
    Mexès for Montero
    Jankulovski or Kapo for Olivera
    Parisi for Thuram(to Real in the Morientes deal)
    Gilardino for Di Vaio
    Blasi for Davids
    Kroldrup for Iuliano

Unfortunately that won't happen. :sad:

EDIT: Morientes said he wants to go back to Real so F-U Morientes.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
    Look, up above is our new coach for next season, the great, skillful, smart, omnibenevolent, spectacular, fantastic, stupendous, wonderful, brilliant Didier Deschamps! In a years time, we will see Deschamps shaking the hand of Buffon after beating Real in the quarterfinal!
    :greedy:

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13
    Thats right, we have Kapo. Deschamps actually told Juve to sign him, so maybe he thinks Kapo is better than Rothen? Rothen will not come to Juve.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i'd take evra, squillaci and guily. with kapo, i dont think we need rothen, even though he is a very good player.

haveing zambrotta, guily, maresca and nedved in midfield would be nice indeed.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    I'd like Rothen to come with him!
    Anyway, I reckonhe could be successful with Juve, should Lippi leave

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Deschemps will come, but no in the next 2-3 years. I share the opinion that his future lies with us, but he does need some more experience as a coach.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
    I'd like Rothen to come with him!
    Anyway, I reckonhe could be successful with Juve, should Lippi leave
    The problem with deschamps is that Juve is not the same thing as Monaco.

Here in juve , there is much more influence from the outside and if things dont go the way he wants...surely he will be under a lot of pressure and that could make him dont perform well.

Maybe some years more in the streets and he will be ready to confront the big role.... but right now im so ****ed up with Lippi that i want to sack him and put didier instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)