Deschamps makes creatine confession (1 Viewer)

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
Friday 27 September, 2002

Ex-Juventus star and World Cup winner Didier Deschamps admits he took creatine when he was at the Turin club.

The substance was banned in France after the 1998 tournament, but is not banned by doping laws in sport.

“Yes, I did take creatine for two months in late 1995,” revealed the retired midfielder. “They were small doses of four or five grammes a long time before the World Cup.”

Juventus are currently under investigation for their use of the muscle-building product following reports of misuse of medication within the club.

“Creatine has nothing to do with doping,” assured Deschamps, now a Coach at Monaco. “My conscience is clear.”

“At the time,” he added, “it was an authorised product used to help players recover from injuries faster, just like an integrator.”

Although the sale of creatine was banned in France following the 1998 World Cup, it is still available on the Internet and in some French stores.

In Italy the scandal over muscle-enhancing products caused a complete overhaul in the testing system, now one of the most thorough in the world.

------------------------------------------
www.channel4.com/footballitalia
------------------------------------------

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Sivori

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    I know, in Sweden too. I don't see what all the hassle is about..
    I don't even know if it's illegal in Italy :confused:

What really pisses me off, though, is when the media here in Sweden talk about Juve-players being doped. Never mentioning that it's basically just a food-supplement. :fero: :groan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)