Denmark round-up: Joy for FCK (1 Viewer)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
Well, if anyone is interested... here's how it all ended in Denmark.
FCK won! :extatic: and are now ready for the qualifying rounds of Champions League. Please god! Qualify! Maybe they'll end up in the same group as Juve.... please :angel:

----------------------------------------------------

Denmark round-up: Joy for FCK
Sunday, 22 June 2003
from uefa.com

FC København clinched the Danish Superliga title thanks to a 4-1 victory over AGF Århus on the final day of the season.

Vital victory
Having beaten reigning champions Brøndby IF 1-0 during the week, FCK only needed to win their final match to take the title and turned on the style in the Parken stadium. Meanwhile, Brøndby's challenge faltered against Silkeborg IF, the already relegated side bidding farewell to the top flight with a dramatic 4-3 home victory.

Zivkovic on target
The match in Copenhagen was all but over as a contest by half-time as Bora Zivkovic headed in a Hjalte Nørregaard corner and Todi Jónsson repeated the same feat to give the hosts a two-goal cushion. FCK continued to impress after the interval and extended their lead further on 53 minutes through Nørregaard, before Thomas Røll Larsen converted from the penalty spot to make it 4-0 following a push on Erik Mykland.

Delirious support
Striker Morten Rasmussen, who impressed at the UEFA Under-17 Championship in Denmark last season, reduced the deficit two minutes from full time, but by then 38,000 FCK fans were already celebrating a superb end to a memorable season for coach Hans Backe and his troops.

Surprise defeat
Brøndby failure to overcome Silkeborg will have come as a surprise to many, but with FCK taking maximum points, Michael Laudrup's side were unable to catch their rivals whatever the outcome at the Silkeborg stadium. Iddi Alkhag headed the home side ahead inside the first minute, before John Jensen added a second on 13 minutes.

Jonsson double
Brøndby came back into the game at the start of the second half and two goals from Swedish international Mattias Jonsson - after 46 and 51 minutes - levelled the scores. Silkeborg substitute Per Ottesen headed the hosts back in front on the hour mark but an own goal from defender Jacob Rasmussen made it 3-3, before Henrik Dahl scored the winner in the final minute.

Fantastic Farum
Superliga newcomers Farum finished third in the table to complete a remarkable debut season and will now take their place in the UEFA Cup qualifying round. The team from the north of Copenhagen secured their berth with a 1-0 home win over Viborg FF, the deciding goal being scored by Thomas Andreasen after only 13 minutes.

Last berths filled
Esbjerg fB and Odense BK will also be in the UEFA Cup qualifying round after finishing fourth and fifth respectively. Esbjerg suffered a 1-0 home defeat at the hands of Aalborg BK, with Allan Gaarde scoring the only goal, while OB secured a narrow 2-1 away over relegated side Køge BK. In the weekend's other match, FC Midtjylland could only manage a 3-3 draw at home against Akademisk Boldklub.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    :cool: he's cool... just too bad the he had a crappy season. He wasn't himself. I guess these things happen when you go out drinking two days before a match... :D

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    shit
    i wanted brondby to win. they have one lithuanian. skarbalius, or auri as he is known there. heard of him?
    Yeah, he's pretty good. On the team of the year actually. :)

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    :groan:

I didnt say anything about me supporting BIF!

But they are obviously better than FCK

Gad jeg at hedde HJALTE! :LOL:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    How has the swedish players been doing this season?
    I heard that Mattias Jonsson has been one of Bröndbys best players.

By the way, how do you make an "O" with a / in it like in Brondby/Bröndby?

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    How has the swedish players been doing this season?
    I heard that Mattias Jonsson has been one of Bröndbys best players.

By the way, how do you make an "O" with a / in it like in Brondby/Bröndby?
    Mattias Jonsson has probably been the best at Brøndby... But he really screwed up against FCK. He missed a great chance, which could have been a championship winning goal.

Jörgen Pettersson was ok at FCK, but not too impressive.

How to make a Ø? I have it on my keyboard... :D ;) Dunno how to make it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)