delpiero leaving? (2 Viewers)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
I think the writing on the wall is clear to Del Piero. He hasnt had enough playing time with an injured Trezeguet, just imagine what would happen if there's a fully fit Mutu in the ranks. I know the ultimatum etc is misconstrued, but i can definitely sense a certain frustration within Del Piero from what seems to have been said anyway. I'd like to believe theres some truth in it, and i think Del Piero could well be on his way out against most expectations, considering the options already available to us.

This is exactly what I was thinking, his comments may have just made it easier on the management to take a descision, before I was begining to be confused whether to keep DP or not.

I see there is nothing wrong with what he said, (although this isnt the usually professional Del Piero comment), but it makes his position very clear to the club regarding his future. And perhaps it makes the club also very clear about the future of the club itself.

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
no coach can garantee more playing time for ANY player , it depend on the player form
Yeah well I think that's fairly obvious. What DP probably means is that if he playes well and is in-form he should be allowed to play full minutes, which he was not a few times this season. Only few, I know, but still.

I don't think DP is going anywhere. Press loves to create controversy and with DP it's even more juicy.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
The Italian WANT to create controvery with Del Piero. Because his comments are always professional and he has been Juventus captain for ages. Remember when Capello benched him the first time?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Its funny to see people to believe that DP and totti are about to leave every year and they are still here.
Fortunately or unfortunately DP wont leave this year, he has the patience to stay in the bench and we can still use him.
If a big forward comes this year and permantely bench him,
he will consider leaving juventus next year(renounce on his future manager post and start an adventure to proove him self in his age).
Unless cap told him he has no place as a starter next year, he wont leave.

Dp rarely reacts like that,i think he has a motive for that,
he might found out our plans for the next attacker,
if he feels threaten then it must be one between Gila or cassano(i doubt cassano will leave this year)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++

Pinturicchio and Caravaggio were 2 Italian painters. They lived between the XV and the XVI century.
When Baggio came to Juve, Agnelli nicknamed him "Caravaggio", because he was an artist on the field. Years later they asked him who was Del Piero, if Baggio was Caravaggio. He answered "Pinturicchio"

EDIT:

I found a biography and some works of the 2 artists:

Pinturicchio
http://gallery.euroweb.hu/bio/p/pinturic/biograph.html

Caravaggio
http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/caravaggio/
oops :embarass:

i didn't know that....
i thought it was an italian word or smg :down:

god,ok ppl laugh as much as you want now,i feel terrible :wallbang:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by jaecole ] ++
Caravaggio - Pinturicchio
Baggio - Del Piero

How is it possible you havent already heard this?
Wasn't Baggio's nickname Codino? or Divino Codino?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++

Codino means pony tail, divino means, obviously, divine.
So Baggio was the Divine Pony Tail ;)

I know what it means, but he was saying that Baggio had another nickname, I was confused because I know Divino Codino.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

I know what it means, but he was saying that Baggio had another nickname, I was confused because I know Divino Codino.
Agnelli also called him "Coniglio Bagnato" (wet rabbit), but I don't remember why...

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i think Del Piero's comment has been taken out of context as usual by the Italian Media. He did not say that he does not thank Capello. If you read closely he simply says that he does not need a special thank you as the whole squad has been fantastic.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Boksic ] ++
i think Del Piero's comment has been taken out of context as usual by the Italian Media. He did not say that he does not thank Capello. If you read closely he simply says that he does not need a special thank you as the whole squad has been fantastic.

Exactly! And probably (regarding the fact of leaving) they asked him: "Will you stay at Juve forever and ever?". Of course he can't know for sure what will happen in the future, so he said that as long he won't pass a season like the ones of Ferrara/Montero/Tacchinardi he will remain.

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
Capello silences angry Alex Saturday 28 May, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tension is rising in Turin as Fabio Capello responded to Alessandro Del Piero’s insistence he had nothing to thank the Coach for, while rumours link the player to Arsenal.

“The results prove me right,” smiled the Juventus boss as he prepared for Sunday’s Scudetto celebrations. “One less ‘thank you’ I receive won’t make much difference considering the many people who have shown me gratitude for this year.”

The relationship between Capello and the captain has been poor throughout the campaign, particularly with Del Piero substituted a remarkable 26 times and usually the first to be pushed aside for tactical requirements.

Yesterday afternoon Del Piero hit out at his Coach and assured during his Press Conference that he did not need to thank Capello for the title success. The Italian international also warned that he would reconsider his future if he was not given guarantees of more first team football.

“A club like Juventus cannot give guarantees to a player, as those who go on to the field do so because they have earned it,” snapped Capello in response. “If Del Piero asks for guarantees, then what are the others supposed to say?”

Their relationship is now hanging by a thread and it’s increasingly likely that Alex will move on in the summer. He is not short on offers and could bring in precious resources to the club coffers.

The Japanese J-League has been following the situation for several seasons now, in particular Yokohama Marinos, but there is a new rumour of interest from Arsenal. The main problem is represented by his £7m per season wages, but he would be willing to take a pay-cut at this stage of his career.

Meanwhile, Juventus will be presented with the Scudetto trophy during Sunday’s match with Cagliari and then travel through the streets of Turin in an open-top bus.

- Channel4.com

----------------------------------

I just feel that this is way out of proportion. Now Alex is "angry", why not furious? Ridiculous, but this certainly means something however. Things are not well between Alex and Capello and this summer could prove to be interesting. If another forward arrives it's goodbye to DP.

Aug 1, 2003
Maybe Juve should've continued their press silence for life. :lazy: Bloody media. I dont believe a word they say.

I dont know if Alex is leaving or not but if he does who will take him with his high wages anyway? I hope he doesnt though, I love Del Piero. But with or without Del Piero Juve remains Juve and thats where my loyalty lies

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I think he will need to take a wage cut if he wants to leave no way are clubs going to pay 7million a year for his wage
VDV's transfer was less than that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)