delpiero leaving? (1 Viewer)

Gino Genesio

Nov 14, 2004
Del Piero Issues Ultimatum To Juve
5/27/2005 6:45:00 PM
The forward threatened his club that if he is not guaranteed more playing time next season, he will leave the Bianconeri this summer.
The celebrations are over in the Juventus camp as Alessandro Del Piero, surprisingly enough, stirred things up by launching an ultimatum to the Old Lady: either he plays more next season or else he will look elsewhere.

“I still feel a symbol. I signed to remain and end my career with Juventus, but I want to play as a protagonist. If I find out that I cannot do so, I can even take into consideration the option of leaving. I don’t know if I would be ready to face another season like this.”

When asked if he would thank Fabio Capello for his recent performances, Del Piero replied angrily.

“And why should I? Just tell me why I should thank him. I thank Capello just like I thank everyone for this victory: from the team mates to the club. He has his merits just like we all have our own merits in this Scudetto. I don’t think that there is the need to thank the coach particularly. He has the merits just like we all do.”

Pinturicchio has played for the past 12 seasons with Juventus, winning 6 Scudetti and a Champions League amongst other trophies.

is this treu???

:eek:

no alex!!!

you have to stay!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Del Piero: Why thank Capello?

Juventus have won Lo Scudetto but tension remains between Alex Del Piero and boss Fabio Capello.

The two men have had a difficult relationship this term given that the tactician has often substituted the No 10.

Capello defended his actions during the campaign by claiming that Alex "would thank him" at the end of the season.

But Del Piero, who had remained relatively silent until today, has hit back at the former Milan and Roma boss.

"Why should I thank him? I thank Capello as I have thanked everyone at the club for the Scudetto," he stated on Friday afternoon.

"He has his merits but so do all of the other members of the club. I don’t think I have to single out the Coach for special praise.

"I have nothing to sort out with him though. We are both great professionals and winners, people who are intelligent."

The captain’s ‘problems’ with Capello did lead to reports that Alex could leave the outfit at the end of the season.

Del Piero today insisted that he wants to remain but only if he is given a star role to play.

"I’ve never thought about leaving and I still feel like a symbol," he added. "I want to stay but I want to be a protagonist. If that doesn’t happen then I’ll look around me."

Del Piero is desperate to feature regularly as he is still thinking about winning honours with the national side.

"I don’t feel excluded from the Azzurri squad," he added. "I’ve spoken with Marcello Lippi, we’ll just have to look at my form.

"Would being dropped upset me? I wouldn’t be offended but if I was left out while I was playing well then I would be saddened."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Channel 4's version...

funny how different sources portray the story in different ways.

Damn translators :irritate:

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
The source is my brain.

Caravaggio was an artist who taught Pinturicchio. I think Baggios nickname was Caravaggio so Del Piero was named Pinturicchio.

I don't know how I know that actually.

edit: Oh thought you were talking to me :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
dude.. we were 3 posts into the thread and a source for the article wasn't given... why on earth would I ask for the source of your little piece of trivia? :)

quit being so self-centred already :p

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Like MArtin said in the Del Piero thread, I think that the interview was manipulated, and the press wants to use DP words to make a big problem between him and Capello...

I mena DP did thank Cappelo after Livorno's game

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Del Piero Issues Ultimatum To Juve
5/27/2005 6:45:00 PM
The forward threatened his club that if he is not guaranteed more playing time next season, he will leave the Bianconeri this summer.
The celebrations are over in the Juventus camp as Alessandro Del Piero, surprisingly enough, stirred things up by launching an ultimatum to the Old Lady: either he plays more next season or else he will look elsewhere.

“I still feel a symbol. I signed to remain and end my career with Juventus, but I want to play as a protagonist. If I find out that I cannot do so, I can even take into consideration the option of leaving. I don’t know if I would be ready to face another season like this.”

When asked if he would thank Fabio Capello for his recent performances, Del Piero replied angrily.

“And why should I? Just tell me why I should thank him. I thank Capello just like I thank everyone for this victory: from the team mates to the club. He has his merits just like we all have our own merits in this Scudetto. I don’t think that there is the need to thank the coach particularly. He has the merits just like we all do.”

Pinturicchio has played for the past 12 seasons with Juventus, winning 6 Scudetti and a Champions League amongst other trophies.

coal.com

See how they add words to the interview!!! :fero:

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
Have Juventini got a short memory? He threatened to leave about 3 or 4(?) years ago over a money/contract issue. Why wouldn't he leave for being sat on the bench all the time? And why is it a shock that he would make a threat when he has before?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)