Delle Alpi for how long? (1 Viewer)

reneu

Jul 2, 2004
Does anyone know, if there are plans to built a new stadium or rebuilt the delle alpi?

because I have never like the delle alpi, its way too big for juve, as it is quite often very empty.

I would prefer a stadium like the english way, I mean that the crowd is right behind the pitch!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Then you're going to be pleased.

The Delle Alpi has been "rented" by Juventus for the next 99 years, and there is currentlly a plan to completely rebuild it, called Mundo Juve. It will involve the development of shops, restaurants, cinemas and other forms of entertainment in and around the stadium, as well as reducing the capacity to 35-40.000 and removing the athletic track which will bring the fans closer to the pitch. It should be ready by 2006 for the Turin winter olympics. When the porjcet is complete Juve will have the Delle Alpi all to itself, while Torino should move to Communale.

OP
reneu

reneu

Jul 2, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    wow, thats great news, finally this ugly thing will change! :)

have they really already started with the work, so juve isnt playing in delle alpi at the moment?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    I am 70% sure they have.

And yes, it is great news. We will have a great English-style stadium with no running tracks, so you can see the field from anywhere in the stands.

OP
    reneu

reneu

Jul 2, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    and what about the outside look of the stadium? will it remain the old way, and the stadium will only be worked on on the inside? or are they going to change everything?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    And the outside will remain exactly the same, Moggi said it's one of the most beutiful stadiums in the world from the outside.

OP
    reneu

reneu

Jul 2, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    thx for the links and the pictures there, it's gonna look awesome when it's finished! :)

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    Yeh, because the final plans haven't been finalised in time......they postponed the redevelopment till 2005 :down:

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    Yep... the construction has already started, right? This season Juve will be playing at the Communale?
    I was at the Delle Alpi around two weeks ago and at least on the outside there were absolutely no works being done.

BTW the area there is expanding very rapidly. Although the stadium was considered to be outside Turin, now there are a lot of buildings around and a beautiful park. And i saw many new appartments being built, it is generally a fast growing area there...

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    I've been inside the delle alpi and it is a beautiful stadium exept the distance from the stands to the pitch, also it needs a paint job on the outside, its a bit hanging...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)