Del Piero vs Brasilians (1 Viewer)

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Right My bros mate came round last night(halfbrazilian and the other half pakistani) he still cannot accept that Del Piero was the greatest. 6 of us in total(my bro, brasil boy, Adeel Piero=Me, and 3 of our mates.) Nothing kinky happened! It was all friendly talk about the golden days BB(Brasil boy) was blatantly jealous of Piero so I put a Del Piero tape in the VCR showcasing his goal against Fiorentina(Ronaldo dreams he could do that) his amazing skills and his goals. Piero kills the ball with one touch fakes to the side and shoots the ball in the top corner. Everytime BB would say thats nothing, I could do that then when it came to skills he got so defensive it was too funny man. I guess he couldnt accept DP having more skills than his Brasil boys. He said when I see this Its wicked but it doesnt take my breath away! Like Garrincha he makes you go Whoa. Man wasnt alive when Garrincha was playing This was 97/98 when Ronaldo and Del Piero where the best. I recall Ronaldo himself bigging Del Piero up and saying that he was jealous of him. Yeah, another mate was on his own saying Batigol was the best After the Piero tape BB said watch Denilson and see his skills. The idiot has one move the stepover. Del Piero had so many skills which were out of this world. We saw the Turkey Brazil game and fast forwarded it to the Hasan Sas goal to piss him off

I just want to hear all of your opinions including Brasilans on this forum what do you think? The skills of Del Piero(not the current one) vs the Skills of Ronaldo, Denilson, Rivaldo any Brazilian of our time not Zico Pele etc. It would be sweet if someone can put a poll up for me.

This is a bit OT but one of My Libyan friend was talking about how Al-Saadi Ghaddafi was set up and drugged by the
mafia He also told me how he would pay Juventus just to train with us. Take Care.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
MCPIERO

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    I thought I should post this. I just want to see what you guys think. DP favouritism or not. Ez

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I think that Romario, for his time, was right on par with Del Piero.

Especially that gorgeous goal that he scored in WC '94. I can't remember who it was against. He was coming down the right side of the pitch, and was angling in towards goal, and someone laid a cross for him that was a little off target, so he had to jump for it. Instead of jumping and coming down with the ball, he Jumped, was able to muscle his defender off of him, and flick the ball at full force while in the air.

I'm sure someone must remember it. An amazing goal.

OP
    MCPIERO

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    Yeah that was sick. Romario was a pure genius. It was Romario vs Baggio in '94, then Ronaldo vs Del Piero in '98. In general Brasilians are more skillfull but Baggio and Piero are the ones who can outshine them in their prime.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    I think that Romario, for his time, was right on par with Del Piero.

Especially that gorgeous goal that he scored in WC '94. I can't remember who it was against. He was coming down the right side of the pitch, and was angling in towards goal, and someone laid a cross for him that was a little off target, so he had to jump for it. Instead of jumping and coming down with the ball, he Jumped, was able to muscle his defender off of him, and flick the ball at full force while in the air.

I'm sure someone must remember it. An amazing goal.
    Yes, i can remember that goal clearly.

Iam a big romario fan...

his style was very unique and espectacular.

eringi

Jul 15, 2002
    In terms of Brazilians, the Del Piero of old ranks high up there. You know i have a feeling that if Del Piero, God Forbid, had gone to a more attacking team than Juventus after his injury maybe like a Real Madrid he would have really come back to his best but i think that during his recovery he was still the only other skillfull player we had after Zidane and he was expected to curry a huge burden on his shoulder, that's where i think the fat one (Ronaldo) became smart and went to Madrid soon after his injury, i seriously think if Ronaldo had stayed in Italy he wouldn't be scoring as much as he is scoring now in Madrid.

I wish we had had more attacking players and were more of an attacking outft to ease Del Piero's burden coz i think he would surely have come back to his best if not better.

OP
    MCPIERO

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    That is so true eringi. I agree with you 100%. We were an attacking side in 97/98 but have always been balanced. When people expect so much from DP its unfair. All the fat one does is slob about for the entire match and gets his chance and scores. When DP plays he tries to do a lot of things. Also I think this slightly affects Nedved, not much though.DP scoring the goal vs Parma recently is what I want to see more. He should be way more selfish because Ive rarely seen him making runs and being fed through 1on1 with the keeper because he is never there. Its his fault. The expectations have always been very demanding on him. Back in the days he could do it all, but nowadays I want him to seriously be more greedy. He still has a very bright future with Juve, he will become all time top scorer.

PersianMafia I dont know where you can find it on the web. I have it on tape though of Del Piero. Why dont you order the tape from http://www.tracks.org.uk/ They have a large collection of Italian football tapes. I got the DP one ages ago it shows his best moments a lot of goals from the start on his Juve career to 98. It includes the fiorentina goal which was simply out of this world.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    If a Del Piero tape comes out after he retires I'll probably purchase it so that whenever I want to see a genius in action, I can pop it in the VCR, sit back, and sooth my eyes :D

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    i doubt id be able to watch it. id cry and ask myself why he isnt playing so majesticly anymore.... but anyways, just having him on the field fulfills my beastly soccer desire.

Aug 27, 2003
    those were the days and alex goals keep haunting ronaldo..loool..
    the fiorintina goals was a goal not to be forgotten the fact that del piero still scored (ok last season) goeal as superb like the ones before..
    i think del piero ruled from 96-99 and he still is the symbol of juventus!

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    If a Del Piero tape comes out after he retires I'll probably purchase it so that whenever I want to see a genius in action, I can pop it in the VCR, sit back, and sooth my eyes :D

it'll be a short vid, but sure as hell would be a nice short vid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)