del Piero the protagonist- the player- the DIVER???? (1 Viewer)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
well, the referee was very close the the incidence and he automatically spoted the spot. although it's not see looked as a clear penalty it's a very hard desicison becasue del piero did preety well to throw him down.
if i were the referee i don't call it a penalty and maybe give a yellow card for DP, but still a hard desicion!!!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
laresca, if you didn't see the goal go to www.pianetajuve.com
then go to filmati dei goal, (the site is italian)' download the goal (it's both goals together) and you can judge for yourself.
you can download the two gaols from the tutto del piero site from juventuz network

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
i've seen much worse, there was contact and the keeper was clearly in DP's way without touching the ball.

a bit of a dive,yes, but nothing to be pissed about IMHO

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
yeah.... i'm not impressed, but still there was the other goal, and much worse fakes have occurred

so really, i guess it's time to build a bridge and get over it, and hope he doesn't do anything stupid against kiev tonight, and instead plays as the awesome dp we know and love

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Like i said in another thread there is a difference between winning a penalty and diving

Can someone tell me exactly what the Empoli's keeper's intention was and goal keepers do run the risks of giving a way a penalty when they do that and Dp was just been clever by going over the keeper's hands

Frankly i do not condone diving but this is not a big issue to me, its when no one is near you or you were hardly touched at all that i do not like

Anyway the Empoli president has managed to deflect away his team loss to a big star's alleged dive and since we are now forced to discuss it on here then he has his desired effect

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    Well I dont think the empoli big man wanted to deflect his team's loss. it was kinda expected anyway. ;)

And most of us agree to the fact that he dived. Lets just hope our enemies dont take advantage of this.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    I think every attacker dives once in a while. Its a part of the game. The ref should be in a position where he can judge if its a dive or not

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    Often he is not. The ref cant see anything and everything. He is biased, and can base decisions on experience or anything else in the world apart from objectivity.

Byron Moreno for example...... thats why IMO we need the refs to wear headsets to efficiently communicate with linesmen, and have tv cameras at the goalposts.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    come on guys!!! when inzaghi would dive in every game i didnt hear anyone complaining!! just cos its DP?? well this shows he has a bigger appetite for winning and he'll do more 2 get a goal. i think its a good thing.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    laresca, what r u talking about!!! what is this headsets nonsense ur talking about??? how in the world would blatter get away with cheating?? thats just insane talk!!

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++
    Byron Moreno for example...... thats why IMO we need the refs to wear headsets to efficiently communicate with linesmen, and have tv cameras at the goalposts.
    i completely agree with ya

they started doing this is cricket to verify decisions like LBW's, so why not soccer.

not that i watch cricket. :rolleyes:

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    i should truly hope not! :)

...what's this? perth? :cheesy:
    (you're not the guy from my biochem class who wears the juve shirt are you? :D)

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
    nah course not, there are alot of people in perth u know :dazed:

LOL thou juventus supporters i have to admit are few and far between.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)