del Piero the protagonist- the player- the DIVER???? (1 Viewer)

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
WELL...
1-I think that even if DP hadn't "dived", there would've been goal.
2-Anyway DP is not Inzaghi or ravanelli and maybe he expected a tougher contact with the goalkeeper and fell easily to get a clear pen.
3-Why doesn't anybody talk about THE MASTERPIECE (2nd goal)
even zidane has dived and nobod is a saint or is meant to be so!:D:devil::groan::dontcare:

nowhereman

Jul 15, 2002
Why did he have to dive? I see that in that position he could still chase the ball and score. I don't think he's so stupid to dive to wait for judgement from the referee while he could score more easilier.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
you can't say that,he was running pretty fast towards a tight angle i think,and it wouldn't be easy to keep it in and shoot it in as well.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
also, he kicked the ball too far forward to then reach it and score. If there wouldn't be a penalty, the ball would have gone out and a great chance would have been wasted. However, I doubt that was why DP dived. He's not Totti;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'm not too crazy about the dive thing. But for whatever reason it turned out the way it did it's quite obvious to me that that was never a penalty, the keeper touching his leg slightly is no excuse for falling like he did. Based on the footage I've seen, the people defending him should have another look at the action.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I don't mean to defend his actions but the keeper's intentions were pretty clear as well - he was never going to get the ball so he tried to get DP...Might as well punish that by going down!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
From the way I see it you have to be pretty good to get the ball in that situation, I've seen Gigi doing it many times but then he is really good at it. But when you have the striker pushing the ball too far ahead and the keeper going down to block his way, I don't think it warrants a penalty unless the striker is actually tripped.

Just my two cents :)

Jul 12, 2002
I think that you all underestimate the effect that trying to get out of the way of a diving keeper can have on your balance running full speed. Even if he wasn't tripped, he didn't necessarily dive, he could have just mis-stepped trying to get out of the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)