Del Piero poll (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
In all honesty I am undecided whether Alex should play on it not simply because I don't want to watch the shadow of our most iconic player getting frustrated at not being able to do what he (currently) was able to produce

Sent from my colon using my inflamed prostate

May 4, 2004
Well said. He should not stop as long as his body can go on, we all know his passion for this sport & club is unquestionable. I hope he won't go to US or somewhere else. He should retire here..

I vote No.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Nope , i can't imagine Juve without Alex , but one day he will leave , so i hope 2012/2013 after he wins agian with Juve :D .

Brujitas

Aug 21, 2010
Only when he wants to do so. I cant imagine Juve without him.
Alex should retire from Juve as a champion , not as a 7th position team member.
Un Capitano.....

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
I'm of the opinion that athletes should not continue until there is nothing left. Cases like Pele where he kept on playing way longer after he was not even himself are hurtful to watch. So, I believe that a player should retire when diminished but still performing, to leave a great memory in the hearts and minds of fans while also leaving space for someone in the newer generation to take his place. At that point you have to take care of your name and legacy, that the performances will always be up to the standard that you yourself gave. Sort of what Zidane did.

It's a very sensitive topic where many would prefer he never retire, but that's how I view things.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Next year we don't play Champions League, but the year after we are going to play hopefully, Ale can't retire before destroying more defenders and keepers in CL for the last time.

Play him until he says stop. So long he can run, touch the ball, pass and shoot, keep him because he's like a diamond, a type of diamond you find once in a million.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Nope , i can't imagine Juve without Alex , but one day he will leave , so i hope 2012/2013 after he wins agian with Juve :D .
who's in your avatar?

Next year we don't play Champions League, but the year after we are going to play hopefully, Ale can't retire before destroying more defenders and keepers in CL for the last time.

Play him until he says stop. So long he can run, touch the ball, pass and shoot, keep him because he's like a diamond, a type of diamond you find once in a million.
:tup: post

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I trust him, he knows better what to do and I'm sure he is very well aware of what he is going to face if he decides to not retire at the end of the next season. I'm all for whatever decision he makes :agree:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
That's ridiculous, you can't put DP ahead of Juventus. If he is fit and is playing well, ok, let him start, otherwise, JUVENTUS comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)