Del Piero is back again!!!! (2 Viewers)

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
yes there is a big posibility that in Euro he won't be a starter, though i think that he is quite ready for the tournament

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
he couldn't anyway.

everyone,deep inside that this season wouldn't end well enough.

i knew it from the first cl matches when i saw how we were playing and how embarrased iw as from the first match against the stupid olympiakos

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Of course he will be at Euro 2004, but I fear he will be on the bench just like WC2002. He shouldve started everygame in the world cup after an excellent season with Juve. His chances of starting are slim this time around after being out for so long:frown:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
the good thing is that he is not injured anymore.
as long as he is not injured,he has chances of playing at euro 2004 and not being benched most of the time

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
the good thing is that he is not injured anymore.
as long as he is not injured,he has chances of playing at euro 2004 and not being benched most of the time
injuries have nothing to do with it. right now italy has better options than him

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
In his position he is the best option. The hell you talking about, u loco.
Cassano is very good back up 2nd choice to DP, hes played well with his team and scored 12-13 goals DP, 8 in 3 games:D doesnt make him in front of DP.

Italy always have the best strikers when going into these big tournaments but how many do you think will get the playing time.
euro96 Italy had the likes of Zola and Casaraghi.

98 WC 1st game Chiesa and Inzaghi got a cameo role. Baggio later on also but it was Del Piero Vieri.

euro 2000 Vieri was injured so it was mainly Totti, and Pippo
2002 it was supposed to be DP Vieri and Totti but Trap being Trap left Piero out.

Im saying that Italy are lucky to have such forwards but your gonna see the same big name strikers play and the rest are going there to watch. Maybe even Alex! I doubt Cassano or Miccoli if he goes will play a big role I mean look at Montella. A truly great striker but in every comp he has to accept that sub role. In the 2nd striker role for Italy Alex is 1st choice.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Of course hes Del Piero. Hes a huge star around the world and people want him to play. Look at Vieri recently he cant handle being 2nd choice at Inter. DP didnt complain about being left out in the first two games in the WC.You can tell he wanted to play the desire when he entered against Mexico, and the fans in Japan/ Korea love him.

He has messed up big time for Italy in the past but you lose with the team.
A debate about who should play in attack happens everytime Italy go into an international comp. Vieri has had a poor season he has good backup also but they have zero chance even if they scored 27 goals and won the title Vieri would still play because of his name, same should be with Piero even if hasnt done well in the big games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)