Del Piero in new Adidas commercial (1 Viewer)

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
It's a cool ad, I'm just really surprised they wanted DP to be in it.

Zidane, Raul, Vieira...yes, but DP....can't really see why. (IMO!!)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think Dp and Raul have probably appeared in their last commercial for adidas, as far as im concerned. Unless they do smthg significant with their respective clubs this year, i dont think adidas will use them again.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
I think Dp and Raul have probably appeared in their last commercial for adidas, as far as im concerned. Unless they do smthg significant with their respective clubs this year, i dont think adidas will use them again.

i kinda think of the same thing... in fact most of the notable faces in the the Adidas add underperfrom in EURO....zidane, trezeguet, beckham, ballack, raul and del piero.....

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
i kinda think of the same thing... in fact most of the notable faces in the the Adidas add underperfrom in EURO....zidane, trezeguet, beckham, ballack, raul and del piero.....
Ballack was superb in the championships - it was the other ten guys who were playing like amateurs. Of all the players to go out in the first round, Zambrotta and Ballack were the unluckiest.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i dun think zambrotta were all that good.. sure he has nothing to be blame for, but he doesnt give any decisive comanding contibution either.. like what Jankulovski did with czech... i think Cassano and Buffon were the unfortunate players in italia team not to get to 2nd round

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not any decisive commanding contribution? Did you even see the Sweden game? And against Bulgaria it was Zambrotta who pulled us through. The only danger for the Danes was Zambrotta as well. Zambrotta was by far the best Italian player, Cassano was slightly above average, just as Buffon was.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm not saying Zambrotta played bad or anything, but he really should have scored a goal :)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Possibly, but regardless of their performances or their form, the fans like them and they'll continue to help Adidas from a commercial view point. Of course I'd love for DP and Raul to get back to their best for this coming season because they're both fantastic players, but will Adidas dump them if they don't perform? I'm not sure...

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Possibly, but regardless of their performances or their form, the fans like them and they'll continue to help Adidas from a commercial view point. Of course I'd love for DP and Raul to get back to their best for this coming season because they're both fantastic players, but will Adidas dump them if they don't perform? I'm not sure...
beckham should be the 1st one then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)