Del Piero in first 11 (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Trapattoni confirmed Del Piero's going to be in the starting line-up. What do you think: is it good to stick by his original plan or does he mess up by not selecting Cassano?

Buy on AliExpress.com

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
I feel that its the right choice of Trap, Cassano is good but Trap cant gamble with him, he needs Del piero in the 1st 11

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I think Trap made the right decision. Even though Cassano had a better season than Alex and seemed in form against Tunisia, Del Piero will offer experience and balance that the young Roman won't. If DP fails then it's not that much of a problem because Casso is on the bench, but I personally believe that ADP will have a good tournament. If the 'real' DP turns up in Portugal, along with healthy Tottis and Vieris, I'm going to feel sorry for any team in their way. Actually I won't but you guys know what I mean :D

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Congrats to DP...
Hopefully he will finally make all of Italy proud in this tournament! Have a great Euro, Ale!

Nakigol

Jun 3, 2004
i hope adp has a very good euro04....cassano has everything going for him but he lacks class....i will never forget when he kicked the corner flag after he scored vs. juve. Colina should have given him a red not just a yellow.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm sure that Trap is probably just testing out new players, but today Totti and Cannavaro were played with the reserves during training. The first team was as follows:

Buffon
Panucci - Nesta - Ferrari - Zambrotta
Perrotta - Zanetti
Camoranesi - Cassano - Del Piero
Vieri

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I'm sure that Trap is probably just testing out new players, but today Totti and Cannavaro were played with the reserves during training. The first team was as follows:

Buffon
Panucci - Nesta - Ferrari - Zambrotta
Perrotta - Zanetti
Camoranesi - Cassano - Del Piero
Vieri
I still don't know why Pirlo is not in the First 11. He deserves to be there and is more quality than Simone Perrotta. Zanetti would do the dirty work, while Pirlo would add more finesse than Perrotta.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I still don't know why Pirlo is not in the First 11. He deserves to be there and is more quality than Simone Perrotta. Zanetti would do the dirty work, while Pirlo would add more finesse than Perrotta.
More ideally Gattuso would do the dirty work and Pirlo would add the attacking depth and more passing ability, just like in Milan.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

But we don't know that yet, do we?

Jul 28, 2002
heres my thought on the matter:

Perrota nad Zanetti are essentially defensive players, considering rambo (zambo) is attacking, and the advanced quartet (bobo, totti, dp, camo) are not defensive in the least bit,it kinda makes sense to offer densive stability to a team that would be otherwise too attacking, perrotta isnt a shabby passer either, so there is a smooth transition any way.It also allows pannuci and rambo to make runs as they offer good densive cover also.

Pirlo and gatusso are a great partneship and would imo work when totti isnt playing as the team would requiire incesive passing pirlo offers.
If they were the starting lineup, we would have a very vey attacking linup that would essentially have nesta canna and gatusso offereing strenght with rambo intemetantly get caught up field and panucci is panucci.

Imo i believe italy are lucky to have the players they ahve and ofund a formation that can work wonders. Each part is integral, but i believe perrorta and zannetti are needed to allow totti and co "express" them selves.

Aug 1, 2003
still, perrotta-zanetti is basically death duo to football. they really suck IMO. but I do hope they will succeed for the Azzurri.

And I hope Del Piero could prove his critics wrong this time.

Jul 28, 2002
tactically, im backing Trap, every team needs good balance, which is what the "death duo" offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)