Del Piero Back With A Bang (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Alessandro Del Piero is almost ready for his return after playing 70 minutes with the youth team and scoring a splendid goal.

The Juventus captain has been sidelined since suffering a thigh strain in the 1-1 draw at Atalanta on February 2.

“This test went well,” commented Del Piero on the official Juventus website, “and scoring a goal certainly helps boost morale.”

He was set to make his comeback this week against Deportivo La Coruna, but a bout of the flu prompted his training schedule to be put back.

Del Piero played 70 minutes in a game between the Juventus and Bologna youth squads and looked to be on fine form.

He even scored a very impressive goal, lobbing the goalkeeper, to break the deadlock between the two sides.

The Bianconeri will be pleased to have their most representative players back on the field, but in his absence have qualified for the Champions’ League quarter-finals and lead Serie A by three points.

“My teammates did more than well in these last six weeks. Now I shall run to the Stadio Delle Alpi to see them play Modena tonight. I hope it’s the last time I’ll be in the stands.”

The forward also hinted at a possible return for Wednesday’s Euro trip to Basel.

“It is important to help everyone, not just me, achieve full fitness from now until the end of the season. As for Basel, we shall see.”

Coach Marcello Lippi and Vice-President Roberto Bettega were in the stands to observe his progress and it is possible he will be fielded against Basel on Tuesday evening.

It is nonetheless a strong comeback, as club doctors had originally ruled the Italian international out for two months.

------------------
Channel4

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
becasue he is not fit enough to play for the senior team... and this will help him to get back to fitness.
besides, Juve do it all the time when players recovering from injuries, as they did it with Pessotto and Conte

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++
becasue he is not fit enough to play for the senior team... and this will help him to get back to fitness.
besides, Juve do it all the time when players recovering from injuries, as they did it with Pessotto and Conte
See I thought that there was some sort of age limit on the youth team. Guess I was wrong.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Why is DP allowed to play with the Youth Team?
technically its not a youth team its a reserve team.

its just called youth because its the young players who get pushed in here. otherwise theub looks to sell you....

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    Yea, I've been looking for it. Anybody know where I might be able to find it? :angel:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

See I thought that there was some sort of age limit on the youth team. Guess I was wrong.
    no, you are right... there is an age limit, but there are exceptions as with all youth teams.

++ [ originally posted by lacrease] ++technically its not a youth team its a reserve team.

its just called youth because its the young players who get pushed in here. otherwise theub looks to sell you....
    untrue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)