Dejan Kulusevski (69 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
I would love to see that

I’m curious to understand what your confidence for this occurring is built on. Since this club treats youth products as revenue streams for farming out to smaller Italian sides and not future first teamers
In my opinion there are many strong indications. But if anything we shouldn’t compare the clubs policy of today to the policy of 5-10 years ago, when we basically ignored the primavera.

There are the outspoken words by the clubs leaders, there’s the talent we have nowadays in the primavera. We reached a point last year that we delivered 6 players to Italy U19, that comes down to great scouting in my opinion. We appointed Cherubini instead of any director with some experience at the highest level, which remains a gamble but shows that we’re trusting the guy who builded our youth.

And I don’t think that we used youth players to fund first team transfers. In fact I was a bit disappointed that we didn’t sell some guys who obviously won’t reach the first team, but certainly we didn’t sell the better and more easy plusvalenza players like Fagioli or Ranocchia. And it was financially a difficult summer, I’m sure that in the past we would’ve sold them.

We certainly aren’t Barcelona or Ajax who are way less conservative in using the youth, but I do believe many things have changed since 2018 or 2019. We’re working on sustainability and using more youth will be one of the many ways of becoming a healthier club, I’m sure Agnelli realized this aswel.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
In my opinion there are many strong indications. But if anything we shouldn’t compare the clubs policy of today to the policy of 5-10 years ago, when we basically ignored the primavera.

There are the outspoken words by the clubs leaders, there’s the talent we have nowadays in the primavera. We reached a point last year that we delivered 6 players to Italy U19, that comes down to great scouting in my opinion. We appointed Cherubini instead of any director with some experience at the highest level, which remains a gamble but shows that we’re trusting the guy who builded our youth.

And I don’t think that we used youth players to fund first team transfers. In fact I was a bit disappointed that we didn’t sell some guys who obviously won’t reach the first team, but certainly we didn’t sell the better and more easy plusvalenza players like Fagioli or Ranocchia. And it was financially a difficult summer, I’m sure that in the past we would’ve sold them.

We certainly aren’t Barcelona or Ajax who are way less conservative in using the youth, but I do believe many things have changed since 2018 or 2019. We’re working on sustainability and using more youth will be one of the many ways of becoming a healthier club, I’m sure Agnelli realized this aswel.
I have high hopes on seeing Rovella-Fagioli-De Winter-Dragusin-Soulé and others with the first team in the coming 2 seasons, not so sure about Ranocchia and De Graca, and maybe a few others like Ake will make a case for themselves this season and when we loan them out the following season.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I think if current financial situations don't improve we will have no choice but to put faith in our youth. The other option is continue to bring free players who are old, past it and have high salaries. I think the club has learnt, although witsel rumours may suggest otherwise.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
the problem is that he is so ugly it gives confidence to our opponents

i mean, they see this ginger is some clownish adidas shirt and think 'we are supposed to lose to THAT?' and then they give their all to beat us

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Man, he was like a bull at Parma. No idea where all that strenght has gone.
Lacks confidence and continuity. On top of that, he's been played in different positions but not the one he played in Parma (RW in 433).
Then, he's still very young and Juve's shirt weighs more. One mistake and you're on the bench in the next game.

I never liked his clumsy style but he's talented. It's be a shame to write him off at 21, considering that in 2-3 years he can become a proper winger.

Jul 2, 2006
he has a killer left foot joy to watch. it is true that he lacks confidence because he doesn't have much credit. afraid to do any mistakes as he knows it will not be tolerated. if you leave it to allegri, he will be replaced with a 30+ years old oaf with a grudge against football.

we should not delay rebuilding of squad anymore. a few years ago we had de ligt, demiral and romero. next year, there is a possibility of starting the new season with bonucci, chiellini, rugani and romagnoli. something went wrong here.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Lacks confidence and continuity. On top of that, he's been played in different positions but not the one he played in Parma (RW in 433).
Then, he's still very young and Juve's shirt weighs more. One mistake and you're on the bench in the next game.

I never liked his clumsy style but he's talented. It's be a shame to write him off at 21, considering that in 2-3 years he can become a proper winger.
Not these days apparently.

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015

Yeah it's a shame, especially since he has been a 40m failure so far.
Best would be to loan him out to another serie A club and see if he's able to thrive there, then bring him back if he's actually good.

But please stay away from our starting formation, it doesn't work since 2 years

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Yeah it's a shame, especially since he has been a 40m failure so far.
Best would be to loan him out to another serie A club and see if he's able to thrive there, then bring him back if he's actually good.

But please stay away from our starting formation, it doesn't work since 2 years
The opposite of this really. Who has actually done this succesfully? Marchisio did that but he came from our Serie B team and wasn't bought in the first place either... It's keep and play or sell to me.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Our locker room seems poisonous, and for someone that needs to build confidence and seems a bit shy, that could problematic. Even if a loan would probably do well, it's not like we have a lot of attacking options. I am not convinced we will be able to find anyone that would improve us if we sold him either.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
If we continue with 4-2-3-1 till the end of the month, and with Chiesa out for the year, I think this is his final chance to impress or be sold in January.
Selling him in January is not the best idea because we end up with one winger short. Considering that Max keeps 4231 around, we have Kulu and Cuads for the right side and Chiesa/Berna on the left.

I think that expecting important transfers in January in Juve's current financial situation is not too realistic. We might get that Zakaria dude (hopefully no oldies like Witsel) but I guess that will mean someone else will have to leave. In a perfect case scenario Ramsey and/or Arthur as they literally don't play. For sure the club needs more cuts in salaries.

Kulu should be given more chances just like Kean and Pellegrini. Judgments to be made at the end of the season where it's easier to look for upgrades. Sure, he's looked shit this season but even then he has two assists in very limited time on the pitch. He's not really falling short, only Dybala has more assists I think. With growing confidence, he should be able to bag a few goals too.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Selling him in January is not the best idea because we end up with one winger short. Considering that Max keeps 4231 around, we have Kulu and Cuads for the right side and Chiesa/Berna on the left.

I think that expecting important transfers in January in Juve's current financial situation is not too realistic. We might get that Zakaria dude (hopefully no oldies like Witsel) but I guess that will mean someone else will have to leave. In a perfect case scenario Ramsey and/or Arthur as they literally don't play. For sure the club needs more cuts in salaries.

Kulu should be given more chances just like Kean and Pellegrini. Judgments to be made at the end of the season where it's easier to look for upgrades. Sure, he's looked shit this season but even then he has two assists in very limited time on the pitch. He's not really falling short, only Dybala has more assists I think. With growing confidence, he should be able to bag a few goals too.
Either Kean or Morata can do a job as a non-traditional winger and there are worse options than falling back on Soulè as a 5th option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)