Dejan Kulusevski (4 Viewers)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Explain to me how he's going to gain more pace growing older. If you don't have decent pace at 20 years old then you better be technically sound and have great vision to be potentially at "Juve level" and he's got none.
So he's not Arjen Robben in terms of pace? Damn, what a loser man. It's not as if he just burst onto the scene and has room for growth :andyandbarcelona:

Buy on AliExpress.com

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
You guys are surely quick to jump on the hype train of any new youngster who put in half a good season. Cute.

I don't even want him to catch up with peak "Robben" pace, I'd be content if he catches up with 36 year old Robben pace. That's for starters, and then maybe he works on his headless chicken ball control and passing.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
You guys are surely quick to jump on the hype train of any new youngster who put in half a good season. Cute.

I don't even want him to catch up with peak "Robben" pace, I'd be content if he catches up with 36 year old Robben pace. That's for starters, and then maybe he works on his headless chicken ball control and passing.
You know there is a middle ground between writing him off and jumping on the hype train, right?

It's called the give-him-time-and-we-will-see zone.

And you're also way off the mark regarding his speed if you're actually suggesting he's slow. He's somewhere in between Chiesa and Dybala.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Since when can't a AM/Winger not play with a forward? Its silly to pin the zero presence of any organisation on the players. Everyone run in to eachothers spaces all the time. No matter what players on the field. Because they have no gameplan or real instructions of how to operate as a unit. Its routine to see them out of position these 2 months.
Its clear that Dybala naturally drops deep, he occupies the same space as Ramsey and Kulu, organisation or not I'm beginning to believe that Dybala is not compatible.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I said it before but I think he's a mezzala, if you start developing him there now. A CM in a 3 man midfield, but your most advanced CM that you expect to score and assist.

He's not a pacey winger, he's a central player IMO.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
We had a scorer in him, he was in form this beginning of the season and could have filled in for Dybala's downtime. Pirlo is using him wrong and not enough. Apart from Ronaldo and Morata the team literally has no other potential goal-scorers right now.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
It baffles me how some are ready to write him off so soon... still has plenty of room for improvement left in him, lots of experiments still going on in the team and it’s not that far off at all saying that he is still only adjusting to the new environment and imo certainly doesn’t help that Pirlo hasn’t quite yet figured him out either.

Just as others pointed out, he is actually quite versatile presumably and i think a more central role could actually benefit him more and cover for some of his shortcomings aswell.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I said it before but I think he's a mezzala, if you start developing him there now. A CM in a 3 man midfield, but your most advanced CM that you expect to score and assist.

Agree with you completely. He is a mezzzala in my eyes

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
jesus christ what an absolute turd of a player.

messed up a simple pass to ronaldo on a counter attack.

then gives the ball away in comedic fashion with a backheel.

and this is the player that is going to lead the attack? he can lead his ass right back to sweden

Jun 16, 2020
Give him a start, Ramsey isn’t playing so good.

Feel like he’s overdoing everything. Saw him trying one touch passes on to many occasions in the last games. Tries to much to make a impact as a sub in the last 3 games. If he’ll start from the first minute than he’ll hopefully doesn’t feel like he has to make a impact in 20-25 minutes.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

Agree with you but I also believe that he can play in a front 3 if he has enough freedom between the middle and the right flank... which it looks like Chiesa best side also so our issue it would be again to left the left to AS again like we did with Sarri

I still believe a 4-3-3 is the best set up for our current squad

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Agree with you but I also believe that he can play in a front 3 if he has enough freedom between the middle and the right flank... which it looks like Chiesa best side also so our issue it would be again to left the left to AS again like we did with Sarri

I still believe a 4-3-3 is the best set up for our current squad
I also think a 4-3-3 should be tried.

You can easily put Ronaldo-Morata-Chiesa and then one of Ramsey or Kulu can operate as an offensive mezzala.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I also think a 4-3-3 should be tried.

You can easily put Ronaldo-Morata-Chiesa and then one of Ramsey or Kulu can operate as an offensive mezzala.
plus there's the midfield. pirlo said at the beginning of the season that all of our midfielders were better suited to a 2-man midfield, yet i don't see anyone being comfortable in this new midfield, maybe save for rabiot. for me, especially with dybala's current form, 4-3-3 is the way to go. no slow transition, more defensive solidity, most players (including cr, morata and the mids) are familiar with the respective roles.

pirlo seems to stick with his idea though

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
plus there's the midfield. pirlo said at the beginning of the season that all of our midfielders were better suited to a 2-man midfield, yet i don't see anyone being comfortable in this new midfield, maybe save for rabiot. for me, especially with dybala's current form, 4-3-3 is the way to go. no slow transition, more defensive solidity, most players (including cr, morata and the mids) are familiar with the respective roles.

pirlo seems to stick with his idea though
Well, Pirlo seems to quite literally mean a 2 man midfield. As in there are only 2 players covering 50 yards of space all match.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
2-man mid is exactly what makes the team so exposed to counters.

If we take our CMs: all of them are familiar with 3-man set up and only Rabiot seems to be good at 2-man mid (basically, he can do both).

Besides, as mentioned before: 433 is the formation that this team knows best so there would be no need for adaptation phase. Sure, Sarri's 433 needed improvements but no revolution.

From the beginning of the season I have a feeling Pirlo made this unnecessarily difficult for himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)