Dejan Kulusevski (18 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'd have liked to see a full season of the kid. Impressive stats for half a season, but we're yet to see if he can keep this pace.
He's mostly mentioned for his assists and key passes. In both categories he's second in the league. But the stat that attracts me the most is the average distance covered per match. He's averaging +12km per match and once again he's second in serie A, just behind Brozovic. It's this pace which I'd like to see if he can keep.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Swedish Bernadeschi or Swedish CR7? Only time will tell.....

Get it right, Swedish Berna or Swedish De Bruyne, thats what articles earlier in his career compared him to, a left footed De Bruyne (Not really :D I just said that cuz he is a red faced ginger AM like him lol, I cant use my narrative creating powers irresponsibily like Dai :D).

For what Alen says, its true, besides creating, his style of play will be useful for us primarily because of his ability and willingless to transport the ball well down the middle. These articles mention that as key part of his game (driving force in midfield we havent had since Pogba), allways plays with tempo and urgency, allways with pace towards goal (we dont play that counterattacking style he is excelling it, so peculiar to see the fit).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Born in Stockholm in 2000, Kulusevski, of Macedonian descent, has played just 17 games in Serie A but already looks set to command a price tag between 30 and 40 million euros. After making his debut with Atalanta last season, he was sent on loan to Parma to earn more playing time.

Before the loan, he spent a year demolishing the Primavera Championship, Italy’s under-19 competition, contributing with 1.28 goals or assists every 90 minutes between the regular season and the playoffs. He scored a goal and served an assist to Nicolò Cambiaghi in the 4–3 win against Torino in the playoff semifinals and then repeated himself with the decisive pass for Ebrima Colley’s goal, which earned Atalanta U-19 the title in the final against Inter.

This season, Parma’s coach Roberto D’Aversa started Kulusevski on the right wing in the first match of the season against Juventus, where he put on a good enough performance to secure himself a place in the starting XI. He’s gone on to start every match this season, scoring three goals and adding five assists (the third-most in the league; a title he shares with four others) so far.

1_Dejan-Kulusevski-Serie-A-2019_2020.png

The left-footed Kulusevski has played almost every game this season out on the right, but he can also play on the left or in a more central position, as he has done since starting center forward Roberto Inglese injured himself in October, further shifting his position with injuries to Gervinho and Yann Karamoh.

Parma is perhaps the most direct team in the league, with the highest percentage of counterattacking shots and the highest pace towards goal in Serie A at 3.04 meters per second, and Kulusevski’s speed obviously helps in transition and whenever there is space to attack. He’s quite fast considering how tall and heavy he is (listed at 186 cm and 76kg and looks well-developed for a 19-year-old). He excels at advancing the play in open field, so much so that his carries are on average the fourth-longest in the league (7.41 meters). It is no coincidence, however, that the king in this category remains his teammate Gervinho (8.89 meters on average).

Serie-A_2019_2020_team_season_pace_towards_goal.png

On the other hand, his first touch is not exceptional and even his dribbling style is built on his physicality and his bursts rather than pure technical ability. Playing indoor futsal taught him to use both the outside and the sole of his foot, traits of his game that are evident when he carries the ball.

When he receives a pass on the flank, he tends to run vertically with the ball using the outside of his foot, but he is much more dangerous when he moves towards the center to receive the ball. Despite playing as a winger he attempts just 1.66 crosses per 90, completing them at a 39% clip and just 18% of his box entries are crosses. He also completes 1.87 passes inside the box per 90 (seventh-highest in the league).

Kulusevski does well to make himself available for his teammates off the ball and when he receives it towards the middle he looks to play the throughball or risky passes rather than shooting. He plays 2.44 key passes (2.37 in open play) and averages 0.26 expected goals assisted every 90 minutes, an exceptional amount for an under-21 player.

What is really interesting about his style is that he can pass the ball it without necessarily slowing his run much. This means that he can accelerate his decision-making and catch defenders off guard with his passes.

The Swede is undoubtedly a pass-first winger, but even if he doesn’t shoot much, his 0.14 xG/shot is quite high. This is because 82% of his xG are generated either from a throughball or a dribble.

Dejan-Kulusevski-Serie-A-2019_2020.png

As Parma’s right winger, he plays in a hybrid role, since the Gialloblu usually defend with a 4-4-2 (with Gervinho staying upfront) and attack with a 4-3-3. On the defensive end, he averages 24.12 pressures and 3.02 pressure regains, while also adding 1.94 tackles and interceptions.

D’Aversa’s system obviously plays to Kulusevski’s strengths, requiring him to think fast and to take on a lot of creative responsibility for a 19-year-old. He’s been put to the test at a high level since his first Serie A game as a starter. The sample is still small to say how he could perform in a different system of play, with perhaps fewer spaces to attack in transition.

At first glance, he would seem to be a better fit for Inter, but it’s possible he could settle into an attacking midfield roll in the 4-3-1-2 system Maurizio Sarri has begun using, given that Juventus lack a real offensive midfielder. He could even adapt to play as a wingback in Gasperini’s 3-5-2, if Atalanta manage to retain him, although he would most likely play as a trequartista or false striker to make the most of his creativity.

Kulusevski has a mix of athleticism, size, speed, size and creativity that is hard to find, especially in such a young player. Running his current season through the StatsBomb compare-o-meter, the only three players with at least a 90% similarity are Leroy Sané and Julian Brandt in 2017–18 and Dijon’s Stephy Mavididi in 2019–20. His potential remains largely untapped, yet Kulusevski’s career could reverse direction as quickly as he moves on the pitch: he’ll have to carefully ponder his next steps so as not to jeopardize his development.

https://statsbomb.com/2019/12/parmas-dejan-kulusevski-is-serie-as-hottest-young-prospect/

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/p...201920-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Last edited:

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Good Signing
But If he is signed for next season, It's strange Paratici signed him for 35m+10m now without penny pinching

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Get it right, Swedish Berna or Swedish De Bruyne, thats what articles earlier in his career compared him to, a left footed De Bruyne (Not really :D I just said that cuz he is a red faced ginger AM like him lol, I cant use my narrative creating powers irresponsibily like Dai :D).
The moment i saw this guy , he reminded me De Bruyne !

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Would have to see him in a possession based team to tell whether he's de Bruyne or not. So far it's a half season of basically pure counter attacking. Although he seems to have something extra when it comes to stamina.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yay. 45m kid that runs hard. Exactly what we need. LuL
Actually yes, in skill set a player that covers second most ground/2nd highest space covered, while also being 2nd most creative in the league so far, exactly the type we need. Litterally what we missing.

I don't mean to say this kid is, but that exact skillset is what what we missed in ages.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Would have to see him in a possession based team to tell whether he's de Bruyne or not. So far it's a half season of basically pure counter attacking. Although he seems to have something extra when it comes to stamina.
This is my the biggest worry. Dude is fantastic in counter-attacking team which doesn't really make him a perfect fit for Juve. I mean, it'd be cool to improve in that department but I'm more curious how he plays against packed defenses.

Those comparisons to KDB though...

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    From VS and a bit edited, the Kulusevski saga

Antonio we buy Kuluseski ok?

04z_thumb_3x2.gif

Excellent, you guys are amazing! - in Barese dialect lol

Esultanza-nel-Derby-della-Madonnina-Andata-Calcio-Serie-A-Milan-Inter-0-2-Partita-del-21-09-2019.gif

Mauro we taking Kulusevski, you like him?

tenor.gif

let's party boys, better than triplete

ito-Esulta-Dopo-il-Gol-al-Bayern-Monaco-nella-Finale-di-Champions-League-2010-Disputata-a-Madrid.gif

35+bonus, un great deal...Juventini must be pissed

tenor.gif

Romelu, like that deal?

tenor.gif

You Josè?

PerfectLonelyCavy-size_restricted.gif

Percassi called me, Kulusevski is going to Juve...

tumblr_nh3qfh7Yex1qjai0go1_250.gif

It's not official

smartselect_20180512-172624_video-player.gif

It's almost done, only signature and medical left. Juve got him

spalletti-testata-845736.gif

I'm shocked, pissed, I am outraged - in Barese

giphy.gif

So huh?

tenor.gif

ClutteredBothGecko-max-1mb.gif

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Actually yes, in skill set a player that covers second most ground/2nd highest space covered, while also being 2nd most creative in the league so far, exactly the type we need. Litterally what we missing.

I don't mean to say this kid is, but that exact skillset is what what we missed in ages.
    Do we intend to use him as a CM? If that's the case we already have a terrible CM that already covers a lot of ground. Or are you referring to the Vidal type that defends in our box but attacks the other box for offense?

I really don't see what he will give us other than legs. What am I missing?

- - - Updated - - -

Listen up ma man. Bring back the optimist asap and leave the bitching to the more experienced users.
    Tell me we aren't extending Matuidi and and will be like I never left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)