Dejan Kulusevski (16 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...Doesn't explain the lack of using 4-3-3 though other than preference.
i don't think we have the fullbacks for a functioning 4-3-3 though. cambiaso is fine on either sides, then who else is available? sandro was out until february (and our collapse coincides with his return lol), danilo is better as a cb, and there's nothing. so even if we could field one starting lineup, there are no subs, let alone rotation options in case of an injury/suspension :boh:

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
i don't think we have the fullbacks for a functioning 4-3-3 though. cambiaso is fine on either sides, then who else is available? sandro was out until february (and our collapse coincides with his return lol), danilo is better as a cb, and there's nothing. so even if we could field one starting lineup, there are no subs, let alone rotation options in case of an injury/suspension :boh:
Playing Danilo or even Gatti as a defensive right back with an attacking winger would make more sense than what we are doing now, but it's true that at least a dynamic right back should have been priority in the summer.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Interview comes across as someone who is bitter at us wanting to get rid of him and to find excuses for failing here.

He played under Pirlo too, who was overly offensive and still didn't play well under him either. He had some good games but overall was a flop for us and had plenty of chances in his 2 years here.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He did play good under Pirlo though, 9 assists and 9 goals was proficient output. Not star player but a good season. He fit Pirlo tactically too.

Obviously he didn't fit Allegri tactically at all, and his flaws as a player was more glaring in Allegri football then Pirlos more attacking and freeing one. So that was obvious difference. Kulusevski is a right wing slow playmaker who needs specific instructions and gameplan to function. Allegris play deep with team and give freedom and no instructions to attackers was extra bad fit for him.

The list of attacking players who would fit Allegris style, especially the 2nd tenure version of Allegri, is very very short.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Interview comes across as someone who is bitter at us wanting to get rid of him and to find excuses for failing here.

He played under Pirlo too, who was overly offensive and still didn't play well under him either. He had some good games but overall was a flop for us and had plenty of chances in his 2 years here.
Seriously the blame lies with Allegri on this one, didn't play to Kulu's strengths at all like most of our current players for that matter.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Playing Danilo or even Gatti as a defensive right back with an attacking winger would make more sense than what we are doing now, but it's true that at least a dynamic right back should have been priority in the summer.
yeah maybe, hard to tell. i do think that our tactics are a much bigger issue than our actual formation. 3-5-2 can be proactive and it's inherently a more attacking lineup than 4-4-2 from last season, yet here we are. as for the formation i'd go with 3-4-3 which would probably fit the squad the best, but with the same tactics what's even the point of switching formation lol

if motta comes then we certainly need some proper full backs

this. and he's also slooooooowwww

i don't mind him though. some players who left are salty and the grass is green. gasp had a remark on kulu saying something like only the very best or most dedicated can have a place at atalanta, and kulu clearly wasn't one of them, so it was a good riddance for both atalanta and juventus. good for him if he's happy at spurs i guess.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
How do you play to all player's strengths in Kulu's case when two of your best players are Dybala and Cuadrado?

Guy moaned about Conte because he made him defend. He had his best spell since Parma playing under Conte early on (where revisionists portrayed him like some second coming of Rivaldo). I get that all attacking players just want to attack but there are all different ways to coach. You can't play everyone in their best position, they either adapt or you sell them for players who fit your system. We don't seem to do either.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
This guy is not exactly Robben but he's not shit. I won't lose a ton of sleep that he's gone but he also wasn't used as well as possible. Both are true.

Of course, we somehow had no use for Soule despite being thin on attackers and also having not a single player for the right (bc Chiesa is not allowed to play there).

So it's safe to say both things are true. That it's not worth crying over Kulu but also clearly the coach is a retard.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
How do you play to all player's strengths in Kulu's case when two of your best players are Dybala and Cuadrado?

Guy moaned about Conte because he made him defend. He had his best spell since Parma playing under Conte early on (where revisionists portrayed him like some second coming of Rivaldo). I get that all attacking players just want to attack but there are all different ways to coach. You can't play everyone in their best position, they either adapt or you sell them for players who fit your system. We don't seem to do either.
The problem is that we buy the players who totally look like they only can play that one position and then force them to play something totally different and we are suprised they are not suceeding and loosing their value.
Rabiot as LM, Locatelli as regista, Chiesa as SS, Iling as LWB and Kulu? I cant even say where he was played under Max, sometimes SS, sometimes CM and sometimes as LWB !

Jul 2, 2006
He did play good under Pirlo though, 9 assists and 9 goals was proficient output. Not star player but a good season. He fit Pirlo tactically too.

Obviously he didn't fit Allegri tactically at all, and his flaws as a player was more glaring in Allegri football then Pirlos more attacking and freeing one. So that was obvious difference. Kulusevski is a right wing slow playmaker who needs specific instructions and gameplan to function. Allegris play deep with team and give freedom and no instructions to attackers was extra bad fit for him.

The list of attacking players who would fit Allegris style, especially the 2nd tenure version of Allegri, is very very short.
that is like a surgeon prefers working with rusty infected tools instead of the standart equipment. it is very unfortunate that juventus were the patient.
or test subject.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
This guy is not exactly Robben but he's not shit. I won't lose a ton of sleep that he's gone but he also wasn't used as well as possible. Both are true.

Of course, we somehow had no use for Soule despite being thin on attackers and also having not a single player for the right (bc Chiesa is not allowed to play there).

So it's safe to say both things are true. That it's not worth crying over Kulu but also clearly the coach is a retard.
Agree with most of what you say. But I think the Soule deal has been good for everyone. If you go back a year ago I don't think many would have been against loaning him. It's helped him develop massively in a lower pressure team and we'll get a better player at the end of the season than who left.

I doubt he'd have developed like that with us. He wouldn't have played as much and there is no way Allegri would have changed his system to fit him, even if he did it would only be mid season.

Seriously the blame lies with Allegri on this one, didn't play to Kulu's strengths at all like most of our current players for that matter.
He wasn't good under Pirlo either. There is a common theme of Allegri not playing to attackers strengths but Kulu had chances under 2 managers and didn't impress more often than not, even with the basics. He'd be useful to have now but to get our money back at a time when we need cash I'm pretty indifferent on him. It's not like he has performed consistently yet at Spurs either.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Agree with most of what you say. But I think the Soule deal has been good for everyone. If you go back a year ago I don't think many would have been against loaning him. It's helped him develop massively in a lower pressure team and we'll get a better player at the end of the season than who left.

I doubt he'd have developed like that with us. He wouldn't have played as much and there is no way Allegri would have changed his system to fit him, even if he did it would only be mid season.

He wasn't good under Pirlo either. There is a common theme of Allegri not playing to attackers strengths but Kulu had chances under 2 managers and didn't impress more often than not, even with the basics. He'd be useful to have now but to get our money back at a time when we need cash I'm pretty indifferent on him. It's not like he has performed consistently yet at Spurs either.
Well certainly the loan helped him. But the process of evaluation when you look at our squad and see a giant hole that Soule could fill.. and you say hey we don't need that. That's pretty dumb.

Don't forget also, we had no cover for Chiesa until Yildiz emerged. So we were quite happy to use Milik as a SS?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)