Defensive Replacements (1 Viewer)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Before Thinking of getting new defenders lets see who we have to get rid of. The most likely one's to leave are:-

FERRARA 's contract will expire at the end of the season and retire most probably. So this is one out of the way.

MONTERO 's contract expires at the end of the season as well. Clearly Juve has no intentions of renewing his contract and is already available to discuss terms with other clubs that are interested in him as his contract is not protected anymore.

Legrotaglie is on loan to bologna. He's situation is very unclear whether he'd stay there permenatly or be back to Juve which i doubt since Capello didnt even start him a single match, prefering all the other defenders instead of him

TUDOR is on loan at Siena. I dont think he would stay there, as Siena will most probably get relegated to Seria B. So he's very much likely to be back at Juve.

PESSOTTO -- I'm not sure whats the deal with him. I think he contract expires at the end of the season but not sure though. If it does, then his situation would be same as Montero's i.e. out of Juve.

Now the rest of the defenders that definitly will stay are:

BIRINDELLI
THURAM
CANNAVARO
ZEBINA
ZAMBROTTA
& MASIELLO , that is if Capello decides to use him in the first team.

We've got these 6 defenders, and Tudor will come back most probably which willl make it 7 defenders. I dont see Juve getting more than 1 or max 2 defenders, unless they get rid some of the above 7 defenders. Out of all the defenders, a right-back is a must.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

Before Thinking of getting new defenders lets see who we have to get rid of. The most likely one's to leave are:-

FERRARA 's contract will expire at the end of the season and retire most probably. So this is one out of the way.

MONTERO 's contract expires at the end of the season as well. Clearly Juve has no intentions of renewing his contract and is already available to discuss terms with other clubs that are interested in him as his contract is not protected anymore.

Legrotaglie is on loan to bologna. He's situation is very unclear whether he'd stay there permenatly or be back to Juve which i doubt since Capello didnt even start him a single match, prefering all the other defenders instead of him

TUDOR is on loan at Siena. I dont think he would stay there, as Siena will most probably get relegated to Seria B. So he's very much likely to be back at Juve.

PESSOTTO -- I'm not sure whats the deal with him. I think he contract expires at the end of the season but not sure though. If it does, then his situation would be same as Montero's i.e. out of Juve.

Now the rest of the defenders that definitly will stay are:

BIRINDELLI
THURAM
CANNAVARO
ZEBINA
ZAMBROTTA
& MASIELLO , that is if Capello decides to use him in the first team.

We've got these 6 defenders, and Tudor will come back most probably which willl make it 7 defenders. I dont see Juve getting more than 1 or max 2 defenders, unless they get rid some of the above 7 defenders. Out of all the defenders, a right-back is a must.
i dont know about that. i think birindelli could be on his way out. he has turned to mush just like iuliano did. if chiellini returns, capello may think about pushing zambrotta right back. but thinking about it, we may see zambrotta pushed to left wing as well, depending on the status of nedved and the formation of course.

one thing is clear, two central defenders are needed for back up. And with the ages of Thuram and Cannavaro, IMO these two defenders need to be quality as they will get a lot of playing time and within a season or two, they will be starters.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #48
    Why are people so set on Chivu? Now I am afraid that he will turn into another Igor Tudor. Right now I would take Jorge Andrade.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
    May 4, 2004
    if we really would sign a class defender, then id say we should go for Lucio (bayern)...he will prob. cost around 15m€ and thats ok for a player like him imo...

if not that much.. then go for Kompany.. young and great..!

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
    Simple. I just want Kompany, Mexès and Miguel.

-------------Buffon
    Miguel Mexès Cannavaro Zambrotta
    XXX Emerson Kompany XXX
    ------------XXX XXX

I have a hard-on just contemplating this (admittedly, unlikely) dream line-up!

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #51
    Kompany in midfield? Why would we play in in midfield when he could be a world class defender?

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
    He's been tested several times there. It is my impression (and that of many more) that he could be just as terrific in midfield as he is at the back. Furthermore, Thuram and Cannavaro are still there and this would be a way to spare these two legends the humiliation of being instantly relegated to the bench. If Juventus want to have him, they should get him now before others do. But I'd be more than fine if Kompany was to forever remain a defender, so long as we do buy him.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    Kompany, Lucio, Andrade, Mexes, Chivu etc.......doesn't really matter, we just need someone of them ;) And Miguel too ;)

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
    Good, I guess. I wouldn't know Andy, I don't follow the Bundesliga to be honest. In any case, he's not really being trusted in Belgium. However much emphasis the local and even foreign media put on his performances for Marseille - which were admittedly great for a whole season.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #56
    Yeah I am not sure if Van Buyten is Juve quality either. Much rather go for the players I listed.

About a new RB, I do not think Moggi will find a replacement. Zebina has not done all that badly, so I doubt he will be replaced.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    Infact Zebina has done a lot better than I expect. He just needs to practice on crosses.. then we is worldclass IMO!

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Agreed, zebina hasn't dont badly, he has improved much from his days at Roma.

I think Birindelli and pessoto should stay, they are ok being subs, but we need to get Chielini back for sure, so that Zambrotta is free to play a more offensive role.

Plus we need one more CB, Perea was awsome against Barca, but any of the other defenders mentioned would be fitting for Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)