Defensive Replacements (1 Viewer)

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++
Hype or not, Anderlecht, or any Belgian outfit for that matter, is absolutely not in a dominant position to negotiate. I can see the €20 pricetag they ask on principle rather easily lowered to €12-€14m. That is if serious bidders aren't too many. Juventus or anyone that happens to buy him (correction, withdraw Chelsea) will have to proceed cleverly.
im pleased to see mourinho in charge in chelsea, at least he buy whoever is needed in hsi team

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I heard some people saying good things about HSV's Khalid Boulahrouz and found an article about him. I've only pasted some so if you want to read the full thing go to: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=325090&cc=3888

Boulahrouz: The new Stam?

Hamburger SV defender Khalid Boulahrouz, who never made it at AZ himself, took possession of the territory before Edwin van der Sar, as in the heyday of Jaap Stam, and almost outpaced Michael Owen in a sprint.

Boulahrouz was picked up in the summer of 2001 by then RKC Waalwijk manager Martin Jol, when his career in football seemed over after a bad spell in Alkmaar.

The next season saw him earn himself a place in the team. Last year Jol used him as a striker as well as a defender, acknowledging his versatility. His transfer in August to Hamburger SV came as a bit of a surprise to the pundits, though in the same week Marco van Basten selected him for the international against Liechtenstein and he immediately made his debut.

It took him a couple of weeks to settle in Hamburg, not helped by the turmoil within the club when halfway through October trainer Klaus Toppmöller was fired with the team firmly at the bottom of the Bundesliga.

New coach Thomas Doll then made some changes for the away-game at Borussia Dortmund, but kept Boulahrouz in the side. In Dortmund he played a blinder and was awarded man of the match in kicker magazine. Since then, HSV has only lost one game with him on the pitch and have gone from last position to a current 7th place.

Boulahrouz is currently in the top five of kicker Bundesliga outfield player ranking and his nomination in the 'Weltklasse' category cannot be far away. At Villa Park Boulahrouz showed his ability as a comfortable man-marker on the international scene and proved that Van Basten was spot on in selecting him.

Boulahrouz is only one of several new stars on the Dutch firmament. The squad in Birmingham contained just five of the 22 that travelled to the European Championships in Portugal this summer.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Chivu could quit Roma Tuesday 1 March, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cristian Chivu has admitted that he’s unsure whether he will still be playing for Roma next season.

Juventus, Milan, Inter and Real Madrid are believed to be monitoring his situation and the stopper could be tempted to leave the Eternal City.

"My future depends on the project here, a project that I am yet to be informed of," he told Tuttosport.

"Nobody can promise anything in this world because this game is no longer simply a sport.

"A lot has changed here, we’ve had injuries and a host of suspensions to deal with this season.

"I am happy in this city but I don’t know what the future holds for me."

The former Ajax man, who was a revelation last season, has played just one game this term after having foot surgery twice.

He recently returned to training but he’s still unlikely to be available for the visit of Juventus on Saturday night.

Meanwhile, the Turin giants are reportedly ready to make Roma an enticing bid for Antonio Cassano.

His contract expires in 2006 and Juve will reportedly offer cash, plus Adrian Mutu and Shabani Nonda – a player who could arrive on a free transfer from Monaco
:D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Who ever the replacements are, they better be young and at the very least not error prone. at this momment I would settle for any young proSpect. Barzagli, Bovo, Bonera, Kompany, Ibanez, Miguel. Anybody who can at the very least hold his groung.

I feel we need to concentrate more money on the offensive sector. Attacking midfielder or Creative forward

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Cassano is a creative forward ;) let Mutu stay and get Cassano. Play with a trident. play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 ;) Cassano to the left, Mutu to the right and Zlatan/Trez in the middle :D

Jul 28, 2002
why is everyone so focuesed on cassano and centre halfs??

Surely for us to improove as a attacking side, a real left winger would help enromously??

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
a real left winger? i think nedved and zambrotta do a fine job on that left side.

but an answer to your solution is getting back chiellini for left back and moving zambrotta to left wing.

who knows, maybe next season emerson and nedved can be the central players for midfield in the 4-4-2.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
a real left winger? i think nedved and zambrotta do a fine job on that left side.

but an answer to your solution is getting back chiellini for left back and moving zambrotta to left wing.

who knows, maybe next season emerson and nedved can be the central players for midfield in the 4-4-2.
that will do

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
why is everyone so focuesed on cassano and centre halfs??

Surely for us to improove as a attacking side, a real left winger would help enromously??
i agree with u, i cant understand them either,
we have real problems this season and they dont start from the back

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

who knows, maybe next season merson and nedved can be the central players for midfield in the 4-4-2.
neddy drifts in from the left, and isnt realy a winger anymore, rambo, well he is good enoguh but he is at left back. A winger ze roberto etc would ofer us manymore options.

So neddy and rambo arent reall enough.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
We may not have to acquire a left winger.If Chiellini comes back,Zambrotta will fill that position more than adequately,and if we get that much needed playmaker Nedved can operate there as well.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Ze Roberto is kinda old :p 30ish or 31. He wont last long. We should get Ljungberg or Wilhelmsson ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)