Defensive line-up (1 Viewer)

OP
Jun-hide

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #24
    Moretti hasn't impressed me with his technique, and can improve on the defensive end, but I like the fact that he has abundance of pace. So I would like to see how he develops.

As for O'brien, I too agree he is good footballer. He is versatille, pretty quick, and has decent technique.
    But on the basis of World Cup, I would prefer Beasley. He has a huge potential, as a attacking full back!:cool:
    Still, I think left back is not the most important position in the world, so I would concentrate on other areas of the team first. Central pariring could do with some work, as well as our midfield.
    I would be happy with solid defending down on the left.:)

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    As long as were discussing American players...

O'Brien is an excellent player, I'm still not convinced he is Juve material. Maybe at left back he is, but O'Brein is best as a midfielder and I would love to see him playing midfield somewhere in Europe, from a US National team perspective at the very least.

Beasly is good but he isn't big enough to play for a team like Juve. He might weight 130 pounds, that might even be generous.

Jul 12, 2002
    Okay, first of all, Beasley isn't a full-back, he is a winger, and he is stronger than D'ale, but just as good.

As for O'brien, he is exactly what we need, 'nuff said.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Well yeah but I figured that after living in Australia and the US one would get more familiar with that system rather than the European metric system...

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Well yeah but I figured that after living in Australia and the US one would get more familiar with that system rather than the European metric system...
    Well, in Australia, we generally use metric, and I didn't live there till I was fourteen, so I got pretty used talking kilogrammes and kilometres etc. Believe me when I say that metric is far superior.

Jul 12, 2002
    I moved around a lot as a kid, that's how I learned so many laguage and stuff. My dad worked for the British Foreign Ministry, and that requires a lot of travel.

OP
    Jun-hide

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #39
    I too have problems with english measurement and SIC unit (I think it is called, it begin with S anyway:D).
    My cousin was brought up in USA and I was brought up in Japan, so whenever he says miles, pounds, feets, i normally go "what the hell??!!'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)