Deco (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Amauri, Deco, Maxi R. , Grosso and Ujfalusi would add the experience and quality we lack to compete with the teams of the next level.
They are all realistic targets and we can afford to buy them all using our allocated transfer funds and the player contracts we posses.
Though somebody may debate that we should go for more valuable players and do better, i hope that we can at least sign those quality players that can really help us and strengthen our team considerably!

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
Amauri, Deco, Maxi R. , Grosso and Ujfalusi would add the experience and quality we lack to compete with the teams of the next level.
They are all realistic targets and we can afford to buy them all using our allocated transfer funds and the player contracts we posses.
Though somebody may debate that we should go for more valuable players and do better, i hope that we can at least sign those quality players that can really help us and strengthen our team considerably!
Fair enough for me. We don't need fantasy players IMO. The players that could help the team are the most welcomed.

Amauri : proven player in Serie A , great heading abilities and also has a package of skills to show.

Deco : This one is underrated IMO. Deco could provide marvelous passes through the middle the thing we need so bad. Let alone his crosses and free kicks.

Grosso : World cup winner. An ok player > Molinaro

Ufo : Solid player, very combative.

Rodriguez : Apart from the goal he scored in the world cup I haven't seen much of this one.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Thanks to Madrid, whoever ends up with Quaresma will be shelling out cash in the upper twenties. Player with cash transfers hardly work when such quality is involved. Porto will want a bank roll they can build with not two Serie A rejects. I wouldn't get to excited about Arshavin, he looks good against Rangers but so do a lot of midfielders.

Deco will be available for 10-14mil or less and can have an immediate impact on Juve. The biggest upside, while you say Deco is weak in the attack, he is better at going forward than any other CM Juventus possesses at this time. Unless you guys can snag a Van Der Vart or better, Deco is your man. Then you can concentrate the real funds on CB and LB, the two most inconsistent positions this season.

Heck, I wouldn't mind Deco at Liverpool. His ability to play a free role and still defend means he could line up anywhere on the field (except Defense) and still have a positive role. Just the like the ol' Porto days. Aye Andy?;)
I didn`t talk about the Rangers game!
I watched him on youtube and I must say I was very impressed (I`m not impressed by anyone on youtube)

When did I say that Deco is weak while attacking?!

Deco is quite good

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
does the ronnie,deco,rambo for kaka deal have any legs in it? for me this would be an incredible bit of business for all involved.
milan would get a solid lb/rb in rambo a playmaker in deco and their skillful fantasista in ronnie, they have become over-reliant on kaka over the last couple of years and need n over-haul.

barca need to clear out some big names and big ego's and could easily afford kaka with these 3 players off the books.
when i first seen this i thought it was a bit of a joke but i think it makes a lot of sense.

obviously i would like us to nab deco as we really need a bit of creativity but this deal may just happen

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
i dunno mate the players talked about could help both clubs, plus barca would be building around kaka. besides real seem more interested in ronaldo

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I doubt Manure is going to sell him now.His price is just :tdown:

Real always wanted Kaka though but Mijatovic couldn't get him back then.
no doubt they always wanted him but it seems their attention ahs shifted to ronaldo and he aint ruling out a switch to spain, where he has said he always wanted to play

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
no doubt they always wanted him but it seems their attention ahs shifted to ronaldo and he aint ruling out a switch to spain, where he has said he always wanted to play
Yeah that's true but Manure is asking 120mln for Ronaldo...I know Real is full of :money: but that's just too much. :D

I somehow can't see Kaka at Barca though.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
When Deco is good, he can be immensely pivotal to the team. Up until about a year ago, I would say he was the Portugal NT's MVP for a couple of years. Not MVP in the sense that he was always their best player (he often wasn't), but MVP in that when he played the entire team changed their style of play and how productive they were.

Now Juve has a far more formidable strike force in attack than the Portugal NT could ever hope for, but we're often lacking creativity in the playmaker/AMF role. Between him and Giovinco, that should be plenty.

My only concern is that Deco's form has been dodgy for the past 18 months.
Well you have to remember that Juve now possess a monster destroyer aka a ball winner Deco hasn't had at Barca. The last time Deco had that was probably Petite at the NT level, though Petite was no Sissoko. Hopefully that translates to less hard contact and less injury.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I didn`t talk about the Rangers game!
I watched him on youtube and I must say I was very impressed (I`m not impressed by anyone on youtube)

When did I say that Deco is weak while attacking?!

Deco is quite good
You said it in your original post. Maybe I misread you. It doesn't matter as it seems we both agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)