Deco (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Inter and Juventus are involved in a tug of war to sign Barcelona star Deco, according to Tuttosport.
Deco has had a disappointing term at Camp Nou, having failed to nail down a regular starting place.

Barcelona are desperate to sell the player at the end of the season, and have made him available for just €10m, and Tuttosport claim that both Juventus and Inter are fighting it out for the Portuguese international’s signature.

Juve are on the lookout for a creative midfielder who can run the show in the middle of the park, and Deco seems to fit the bill perfectly. Meanwhile, Inter also need to bolster their options in the middle-of-the-park.

The Nerazzurri are currently considered as favourites for two reasons. First of all they can more easily afford Deco’s wage demands of €5m a season. Secondly, Jose Mourinho, who worked with the 30-year-old at Porto, is looking likely to replace Roberto Mancini as coach of Inter at the end of this campaign, despite denials from all parties concerned at the moment.

Deco will be on show at this summer’s European Championships for his adopted country Portugal. He signed for Barcelona from Porto in 2004 in a cash plus player deal involving Ricardo Quaresma, and has won two La Liga titles and one Champions League.

However, he has been in poor form this season, having lost his automatic starting spot to Andres Iniesta. He is currently out with an injury, and has been playing it safe over a comebeack, leading many at the Camp Nou to believe that he is more keen to be fit for the summer - as much for Euro 2008 as a transfer.

Goal.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
In case anyone doesn't know. Deco was formally allowed to leave Barca today and has said he wants to go to England or Italy. What up Juve? Could be a bargain basement answer to your creative midfield problems.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
In case anyone doesn't know. Deco was formally allowed to leave Barca today and has said he wants to go to England or Italy. What up Juve? Could be a bargain basement answer to your creative midfield problems.
Indeed. He will be 31 in August, but definitely one of the best playmakers out there, and he might be available for a reasonable price. And furthermore, he's not shy to help the defense either.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
IF we cant get a bonafide CM/playmaker this summer and it will be too tough or expensive, then Deco would be a GREAT short term solution. We would essentially prolong our acquisition of a bonafide top CM til next summer or the one after that. So it could work for sure.

I would welcome this if its a bargain, and as I said, we cant get rejuvenate with a top CM like Aquilani or such.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Deco would be an excellent option for Juve... I'd definitely kick the tires there and see what can be done.

While it would be nice to get a rising young CM like Aquilani or Montolivo... they might not be moving. I would still try to get Cigarini even if Deco comes, and then punt Tiago and Almiron.

Deco, Sissoko, Zanetti, Cigarini, Marchisio is more than enough quality depth at CM for Serie A, CL and Coppa.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
Deco would be an excellent option for Juve... I'd definitely kick the tires there and see what can be done.

While it would be nice to get a rising young CM like Aquilani or Montolivo... they might not be moving. I would still try to get Cigarini even if Deco comes, and then punt Tiago and Almiron.

Deco, Sissoko, Zanetti, Cigarini, Marchisio is more than enough quality depth at CM for Serie A, CL and Coppa.
That's a good midfield, because any 2 out of that 5 can play together, maybe except Deco and Cigarini. Each player is different, and thus it gives us a lot of tactical options.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Deco would be a good purchase as he knows how to defend and how to attack
he seems to me a bit underated...
anyway I would rather see us getting someone else from Portugal and his name is Quaresma
He has the potential to be like C.Ronaldo and I think we should take the chance on a player + cash deal
lets send them Almiron and Tiago and offer them cash!
I think Quaresma could be the player to make a difference for us
Nedved was that player but he is fading each year and altough he is still great he is no way near the form of his golden ball year
Camoranesi is great but also not that kind of player
Giovinco might be haven`t seen enough of him

players who can make a difference (and realistic) IMO: Quaresma, Asharvin (after seeing what he does on youtube I have realized he reminds me of Zidane)
Diego is a great assister and a great player but he is not the kind of player I ment
Aguero is the type but he is not realistic

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Deco would be a good purchase as he knows how to defend and how to attack
he seems to me a bit underated...
anyway I would rather see us getting someone else from Portugal and his name is Quaresma
He has the potential to be like C.Ronaldo and I think we should take the chance on a player + cash deal
lets send them Almiron and Tiago and offer them cash!
I think Quaresma could be the player to make a difference for us
Nedved was that player but he is fading each year and altough he is still great he is no way near the form of his golden ball year
Camoranesi is great but also not that kind of player
Giovinco might be haven`t seen enough of him

players who can make a difference (and realistic) IMO: Quaresma, Asharvin (after seeing what he does on youtube I have realized he reminds me of Zidane)
Diego is a great assister and a great player but he is not the kind of player I ment
Aguero is the type but he is not realistic
Thanks to Madrid, whoever ends up with Quaresma will be shelling out cash in the upper twenties. Player with cash transfers hardly work when such quality is involved. Porto will want a bank roll they can build with not two Serie A rejects. I wouldn't get to excited about Arshavin, he looks good against Rangers but so do a lot of midfielders.

Deco will be available for 10-14mil or less and can have an immediate impact on Juve. The biggest upside, while you say Deco is weak in the attack, he is better at going forward than any other CM Juventus possesses at this time. Unless you guys can snag a Van Der Vart or better, Deco is your man. Then you can concentrate the real funds on CB and LB, the two most inconsistent positions this season.

Heck, I wouldn't mind Deco at Liverpool. His ability to play a free role and still defend means he could line up anywhere on the field (except Defense) and still have a positive role. Just the like the ol' Porto days. Aye Andy?;)

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Deco is indeed a good player, very solid and reliable in my opinion, i would welcome him to the club to give his all for a few seasons.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
When Deco is good, he can be immensely pivotal to the team. Up until about a year ago, I would say he was the Portugal NT's MVP for a couple of years. Not MVP in the sense that he was always their best player (he often wasn't), but MVP in that when he played the entire team changed their style of play and how productive they were.

Now Juve has a far more formidable strike force in attack than the Portugal NT could ever hope for, but we're often lacking creativity in the playmaker/AMF role. Between him and Giovinco, that should be plenty.

My only concern is that Deco's form has been dodgy for the past 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)