Deco (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Deco denies Juve approach Wednesday 6 February, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona midfielder Deco has scotched rumours linking him with a summer move to Juventus.

The Old Lady are trying to restructure their squad and are likely to unload summer flops Tiago Mendes and Sergio Almiron at the end of the season.

There were reports in Diario Sport that the Bianconeri would move for Deco, who is facing competition for a place in the Barça side from Yaya Toure.

However, the 30-year-old claims that he is totally settled at the Nou Camp and isn’t interested in plying his trade in Serie A.

“I’m an honest person and I don’t like to delude myself. I have a contract with Barcelona until 2010,” he explained.

“I am fine where I am and as far as I know there has no contact with any other club.

“An exchange deal with Tiago? No, I am at Barcelona and neither me nor my agent have been made aware of any negotiations.”

Deco is set to start against Italy for Portugal in tonight’s friendly at Zurich’s Letzigrund Stadion

Channel 4

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Deco denies Juve approach Wednesday 6 February, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona midfielder Deco has scotched rumours linking him with a summer move to Juventus.

The Old Lady are trying to restructure their squad and are likely to unload summer flops Tiago Mendes and Sergio Almiron at the end of the season.

There were reports in Diario Sport that the Bianconeri would move for Deco, who is facing competition for a place in the Barça side from Yaya Toure.

However, the 30-year-old claims that he is totally settled at the Nou Camp and isn’t interested in plying his trade in Serie A.

“I’m an honest person and I don’t like to delude myself. I have a contract with Barcelona until 2010,” he explained.

“I am fine where I am and as far as I know there has no contact with any other club.

“An exchange deal with Tiago? No, I am at Barcelona and neither me nor my agent have been made aware of any negotiations.”

Deco is set to start against Italy for Portugal in tonight’s friendly at Zurich’s Letzigrund Stadion

Channel 4
this was never gonna happen.

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
Deco Says No To Possible Juve Move

Deco has insisted that he is happy at Barcelona and has dismissed rumours that he could move to Juventus in the summer.

The 30-year-old’s place at Camp Nou has comer under increased pressure this season since the arrival of Ivorian star Yaya Toure.

DiarioSport claimed on Monday that Juventus were interested in signing Deco in the summer, as they bid to solve their dreadful lack of creativity in the middle-of-the-park.

"I am honest and I do not like to delude myself. I have a contract with Barcelona that expires in 2010,” said the playmaker.

"I am well where I am. And as far as I know, there has been no contact with the club from anyone.”

Some sections of the press have linked Deco with a transfer to Juventus as part of a swap deal involving Tiago Mendes.

Tiago has been a huge flop in Turin since signing from Lyon last summer, but he is said to be well liked by the transfer directors at Barcelona.

"I want to honour my contract,” stated Deco.

“Neither me nor my agent have been made aware of any negotiations about a possible sale.

“The exchange with Tiago? No. I am at Barcelona. I insist I am at Barcelona.”

Deco will be in action tonight for Portugal in an international friendly against Italy at the Letzigrund Stadium in Zurich.
say bye2 Turk :p

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
thank god... he would not have been a good signing imho. He's pretty good in barca, does his job, but is not outstanding imo, and FAR too old to adopt to a new team, let alone to a new league

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
At the right price I would take Deco in a heartbeat. I can just picture him taking the ball off the Dm's creating more space for DP & Trez with his forward runs.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Can Manuel Fernandes be played in that position?
Nope. Fernandes will be a good acquisition for most any squad. But he's a DM, in his best role. Not that we couldn't use someone to replace the likes of Nocerino (Fernandes runs circles around Nocerino as a DM, but that's not saying a lot either). But I would rather see the squad invest in an AMF (i.e., a bowling ball ;) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)