Deco (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2007
You mean like Cannavaro, Mutu and Mellberg?

Yes i know Mutu wasnt old when we signed him, but his career was doomed when we signed him. And we revived it, like we did with Cannavaro aswell...
There are more examples of us buying players and they become big here, rather than your way of saying it. Just because we buy 3 or 4 fallen stars, doesn't mean we do all the time.

Deco is more talented than the majority of our squad, and he isn't good enough?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Wait a fucking minute, no to the wizz that is Iniesta and the best striker in the world Eto'O????

Good thing Messi is so awesome that no retard would even think to say no to him. But then again, if you say that to Eto'O, hehehe amazing.
It was completely mind-boggling. I won't give any names, but there were a few people saying no to Eto'o and even more geniuses saying no to Iniesta, citing that he would "suck" in Italy. I didn't really understand that.

But there are a bunch of people here who hate Barcelona for unknown reasons, and that hate goes straight to the players as well. That's why people abhor Ronaldinho and would reject his move to Juventus, even if he wanted to come. Unbelievable.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
He is class, but quite frankly he looks rusty. Perhaps a new envrionment can do him good....I have to say though, his fits of inconsistency is annoying, especailly for a player that is supposed to make the midfield click..this could be a problem.

If available for less than 12-10 million then yeah I say take the risk...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
My teas deserve better players than 31 years old barcelona rejection,shadow of porto's deco.

you will regret this after 2 years from now.when he has become a totally dotard you will want another player but Van der Vaart,Diego,Nasri won't be your options.
But Deco is still a better player than any of our midfielders and would help us out immediately, especially in the Champions League or UEFA Cup. If we can secure him for a good price there is no reason why we shouldn't go for it. As someone already noted, Deco can play central midfield so bringing in a Diego or Van der Vaart at the same time is something we could do.

Deco would fit in nicely because he can also tackle very well, something a lot of people seem to be worried about in our midfield for some strange reason. No reason to reject Deco.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He is class, but quite frankly he looks rusty. Perhaps a new envrionment can do him good....I have to say though, his fits of inconsistency is annoying, especailly for a player that is supposed to make the midfield click..this could be a problem.

If available for less than 12-10 million then yeah I say take the risk...
Deco and risk in the same sentence. Hmm. I mean, if we're going to say spending 12 million Euros on Deco is a "risk," I guess we have to say buying any player is a "risk."

I'm getting tired of this conservative verbiage, just like people rejecting players because they are afraid their arrival will "ruin Giovinco's progross." I mean, give me a break.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Just wondering, can Deco play on the left or right of midfield or only as a CM and AMC?

Deco would be great for our team for the next two or three years, but then we would have to go over this process once again.

If Deco comes on the cheap you would have to be a complete retard to say no, but if it was between Diego and Deco, then i would choose Diego.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Deco and risk in the same sentence. Hmm. I mean, if we're going to say spending 12 million Euros on Deco is a "risk," I guess we have to say buying any player is a "risk."

I'm getting tired of this conservative verbiage, just like people rejecting players because they are afraid their arrival will "ruin Giovinco's progross." I mean, give me a break.
He IS a risk. This is something you can't deny..yeah every player is a risk, but more so in this case because we are not talking about a player who is in red hot form, we are talking about an inconsistent and out of form player. And quite frankly we don't have unlimited transfer funds like Chelsea do so that if a signing flops then no big deal . Criscito, Tiago and Almiron have been disappointing. and we spend quite some money on those players. If Deco fails to live up to expectations then what? that's more money down the drain.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He IS a risk. This is something you can't deny..yeah every player is a risk, but more so in this case because we are not talking about a player who is in red hot form, we are talking about an inconsistent and out of form player. And quite frankly we don't have unlimited transfer funds like Chelsea do so that if a signing flops then no big deal . Criscito, Tiago and Almiron have been disappointing. and we spend quite some money on those players. If Deco fails to live up to expectations then what? that's more money down the drain.
But we're not talking about Almiron and Tiago here. We're talking about Deco, one of the best midfielders in the game. Buying him is a risk I'd damn sure take.

And he's not anymore of a risk than Sissoko, so what's the big deal? Deco has the skill to warrant taking a risk on him.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
But we're not talking about Almiron and Tiago here. We're talking about Deco, one of the best midfielders in the game. Buying him is a risk I'd damn sure take.

And he's not anymore of a risk than Sissoko, so what's the big deal? Deco has the skill to warrant taking a risk on him.
Agreed. I don't think we will get him anyway.....

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
With Juve he wouldn't need to think about covering for Iniesta, Messi, Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Henry. He would be free to focus on creating more than being responsible defensively.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
With Juve he wouldn't need to think about covering for Iniesta, Messi, Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Henry. He would be free to focus on creating more than being responsible defensively.
Nice avatar, I love it.

PS: I hope your avatar won't mean that he will join us as our coach. BC I still remember that 2/3's of your last avatar joined Juve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)